Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
That's the F150 engine (intake different, cast exhaust manifolds but largely the same otherwise most likely) but, yeah, ugly. Hence that nasty cover that the Mustang will get.

OHC mod motors have been gigantic physically since Day 1, and the 5.0 carries on the tradition. I've got a 466 on a stand at the moment also, and even though it dwarfs a pushrod 302, it's pretty close to the same size as a 5.0 of today.
Sponsored

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Steeda Lover

^^^^^I sure hope so, too. I need HP and TQ numbers.
Been up there a number of times way back to do work on my 2005 Ford Mustang GT. Had a number of suspension parts installed back in the day.
Those guys up in Pompano know their stuff. :thumbsup:

Also went a few times when they had events.
:ford:
IMG_2507.JPG
IMG_1758.JPG

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
[ame]

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
Lighting Blue Stang !!!

I'm starting to worry that too many people like the lightning blue. I want the only one.
Yep you should worry. Thats the color am getting here in SFLA. Very popular color. :thumbsup: :cheers:

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
For the life of me I don't understand why they have these cars blocked off from the public or letting people sit in them. The car is the same pretty much as the '17...I'd love to see how the new sight lines are inside over the hood.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

I like the 18 Mustang the only thing I don't like is that the grill is the only difference between the GT and the Ecoboost both have the hood vents

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
While everyone is bitching about the pulse start button, I hope Ford fired the guy who cut the inner fender lining for the rear wheels.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
For the life of me I don't understand why they have these cars blocked off from the public or letting people sit in them. The car is the same pretty much as the '17...I'd love to see how the new sight lines are inside over the hood.
Because they are prototypes that aren't finalized, and when the public gets into them and notices the things that don't work and post it on the Internet saying Ford screwed up, we'll you know how that goes... :-)

Sponsored

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
At the Kansas City Auto Show all I had to do was ask and the guy let me up there and sit in it, even opened the hood.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
Push Start Button Drama

While everyone is bitching about the pulse start button, I hope Ford fired the guy who cut the inner fender lining for the rear wheels.
Its a button - you push it - done
Push Button to Rambo: Don't look at me, look at the road! That's how accidents happen. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:cheers: Don't Drink & Drive either !!;)

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Because they are prototypes that aren't finalized, and when the public gets into them and notices the things that don't work and post it on the Internet saying Ford screwed up, we'll you know how that goes... :-)
Yah I know ;). But at this point they should be beyond prototypes & have some that are near production ready for people to sit in.

At the Kansas City Auto Show all I had to do was ask and the guy let me up there and sit in it, even opened the hood.
Nice. I'm heading up to NY to catch a game and plan on hitting the auto show...I'll ask them if I can do the same.