Norklin

Norklin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10
The guy at my local ford parts department must be on the spectrum. The website shows 3 different ones for my VIN (one says 350R lol).

Anyways, I called with my VIN (18 GT) and he said the part number I need is F2GZ-1A189-A (amazon part#) but on ford.parts it says that usage is 8/18/14 and the 15-20 is the one you shared so honestly I have no idea and will just tell the shop to make sure the first one works before mounting all 4 lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Norklin

Norklin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
At this point, I just trust the tire rack website lol, shows the F2GZ ones for a specific 18 GT non PP1/PP2 car.
tpms.JPG

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
By the way, I think the 433MHz ones are for Europe and the 315 MHz are for all the rest of the globe.

OP
OP
Norklin

Norklin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I read that online as well. Wheels being mounted as I type this.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Norklin

Norklin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
They work! Sorry for the bad lighting and rainy evening in Florida pictures.
unnamed (3).jpg
unnamed.jpg

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I just ordered these. Everything says they're genuine OEM and backed up by reviews. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013GU2VTI/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_Kmw4DbQMMS0N9
I ordered a set from the Amazon link and they had different part # than the F2GZ-1A189-A. They have F2GT-1A150-AB, F2GT-1A180-AB on it instead. Spoke to Clay at the vendor on Amazon and they said they are the same. I tried with a TPMS19 gray one button programming tool and none of them worked. I even tried by removing the front Driver's tire and putting the tire far away and still none of them would learn. I called Levittown Ford with my VIN to verify and they told me that it was the 315MHz and were the 1A189-A part number.

Anyone have any Ideas why they just will not learn?

the vendor did offer to send out another set but feared it would result in the same outcome.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
This is odd. On a whim I decided to do some searching and found the CJ Pony Parts video on learning in the sensors

In there they did a different procedure than what I first used
1. Press brake and release. Do not hold clutch down
2. Press start button 3x ending in Run mode
3. Press the brake and release
4. Press start button 3x + until you hear the horn honk and the message indicates to exercise the left front sensor.

This process with my TPMS19 learning gray gizmo now worked to learn in a sensor from Amazon.

For some reason the old procedure did not but also looked the same asking to program left front tire

The other procedure:
Without touching brake, press Start once them toggle hazard 6x. Horn will honk indicating it is in learn mode asking for left front tire. Forgot if I had to do it twice.

For some reason, I could reprocess the sensors already learned but it would not learn new ones.

I do not know why both methods ‘look’ the same but only one actually adds new sensors. Both reprocess sensors.

Hope this helps others

Frank

OP
OP
Norklin

Norklin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
The TPMS sensors I got for my 2018 self learned in less than 2 or 3 miles.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The TPMS sensors I got for my 2018 self learned in less than 2 or 3 miles.
I would like to know how it determines which sensor is on which tire. Interesting. Must have a receiver antenna in each wheel well or something. For me, when I had my 'rim' issues (front PP2 rim was on the back - 3 front tire rims), the sensor would not self learn. With me having 2 sets of tires, a summer and winter set, I figured $12 was small insurance to learning them in. With the tool it goes real quick anyway.

Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
2016 and newer Mustangs should self learn if you have the correct sensors. I have used the Amazon 315 MHz ones with several different tire/wheel combinations and they immediately self learned on my 2016 as well as my 2018.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Since I am just now assembling the second set and I was only testing the TPMS sensors I purchased, I do not know if hey will self learn . I did have the factory sensor replaced because they said it had tire sealant in it. The tire and wheel was given to me by the dealership so I assumed it was new. Clearly it was not. I do not k ow if they used a tool to add the replacement sensor or not. I guess I could see if it will self learn once all of my winter wheels come in and I swap the winter tires from the OEM to the new wheels.
Sponsored