SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Where do you get reusable numbers for Track days/road courses?

I believe I need vinyl numbers. The magnetic ones will blow off (on track, not doing AutoX).

Suggestions so I don’t have to use painters tape?
Sponsored

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
check out cricut machines.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Magnetic numbers are stronger than you think. I got mine from Clark Hill at Falcon Graphics. He's the one that does the numbers for the GT350 Track Attack cars at the Ford Performance Racing School.

Clark Hill
Falcon Graphics, Inc.
at Miller Motorsports Park
801-831-3719
clark.hill @yahoo.com

I'd give it a shot if you like the design. I've had my magnetic numbers up to 150MPH a few times and never had an issue. Even drove them through a hail storm and they never moved an inch. You can always use some clear Traktape the leading edge for a little extra peace of mind.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

I love the magnetic ones because they're reusable and I don't have to keep the numbers on the car while driving around town.

OP
OP
SgdriskillGT

SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Magnetic numbers are stronger than you think. I got mine from Clark Hill at Falcon Graphics. He's the one that does the numbers for the GT350 Track Attack cars at the Ford Performance Racing School.

Clark Hill
Falcon Graphics, Inc.
801-831-3719
clark.hill @yahoo.com

I'd give it a shot if you like the design. I've had my magnetic numbers up to 150MPH a few times and never had an issue. Even drove them through a hail storm and they never moved an inch. You can always use some clear Traktape the leading edge for a little extra peace of mind.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

I love the magnetic ones because they're reusable and I don't have to keep the numbers on the car while driving around town.
I’ll definitely reach out to Falcon. I’d prefer magnetic numbers but have had others tell me they fly off easily. If you’ve had yours up to 150 mph from Falcon...I’d be willing to try them.

Thanks for the tip!

Sponsored

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

Clark Hill
Falcon Graphics, Inc.
801-831-3719
clark.hill @yahoo.com

I agree. The magnetic numbers work fine. Though I also often use a little tape on the leading edge when I first put them on if it is cold (and they aren't conforming to the car yet).

I have seen numbers fall off before, but this is almost always with multi-driver cars who are adding or subtracting numbers with every driver change and who are using individual numbers. The magnetic single number plate is much more reliable.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Older magnetic material I think was not as strong as the current stuff you can get.

I've yet to loose a number at ~140 on bumpy tracks.

The main downside I see is you are limited on which body panels you can place the magnetics.. The front fenders, front bumper, rear bumper are all plastic.

OP
OP
SgdriskillGT

SgdriskillGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds a like magnetic are the way to go. Thanks everyone!

rob_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I disagree with the person who suggested TrackDecals.com. I ordered cling numbers from them, and it took almost a month to receive them (they arrived a day before I left town for a track day). And judging by the reviews on their Facebook page, I'm not the only one. I can't speak to the quality of their magnets, but I've ordered vinyl track outlines from BlackFlagDecals.com, and they're good quality. Still look new after being on the back window for over a year.

Sponsored

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
I disagree with the person who suggested TrackDecals.com. I ordered cling numbers from them, and it took almost a month to receive them (they arrived a day before I left town for a track day). And judging by the reviews on their Facebook page, I'm not the only one. I can't speak to the quality of their magnets, but I've ordered vinyl track outlines from BlackFlagDecals.com, and they're good quality. Still look new after being on the back window for over a year.
Agreed on TrackDecals.com and BlackFlagDecals.com

I will never use TrackDecals again. I ordered a few track outlines and one of them got messed up in shipping. Half of the decal was lifted up and the sticky part got stuck to the envelope. I tried to get in contact with their support to see if they could send me a new one or refund me and never got a response. I tried 2 times, once from the website and once from a regular email. Included pictures and everything. Never got a response. Just completely ignored. Granted, it was only $5.99 but the fact that they didn't even respond didn't sit well with me. I'd rather not give money to a company that won't even respond with a "no".

I ended up ordering a replacement from BlackFlagDecals and not only did the new one arrive much quicker than I expected, the quality is nicer and easier to apply.

WingZombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking
Magnetic from TrackDecals.Com. 140+mph and never had them come off. I've ordered from them a few times and never had an issue, but it looks like others have.
38168664_10217233853386674_6889516911634153472_o.jpg

Last edited:

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Why do you even put numbers on your car? I've never been to a track day yet where the organizers required them. Some groups require that? Or is it to look cool on the street?
Sponsored