Sponsored

Not sure what I think about this?? Mid engine Mustang?

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Just keep naming it Ford gt . For those with more money to burn than most mustang owners . Keep the stang front engine rear drive .
Just do not understand the close mindedness of some of the folks around here. It’s a good thing that our friends at Ford do not feel this way.

1691670392508.jpeg

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Just do not understand the close mindedness of some of the folks around here. It’s a good thing that our friends at Ford do not feel this way.

1691670392508.jpeg
Not closed minded but rear drive sports cars te normal person with a family can afford is slim pickins . A mid engine stang would end up priced like the vette.
It is nice to dream that they build a mid engine Mustang that start at 30 k and a gt loaded at 55k or so. But that is a pipe dream .
It be nice if Ford kept the normal pony car and built a mid engine sports car . But the market for sports,performance cars is not there anymore at least not as ice and v8.
Youth not all but most are fine with 4 bangers or ev's.
The youth has been priced out of the v8 performance car for decades not only with the buy in cost but the stupidly costly insurance. They had to make do with less and are now perfectly ok with it . I mean many 4 bangers have more power than most v8 performance cars have had since 1972. We are living in the Golden age when the base eb makes 90 hp and 60 ftlp more than the v8 fox body cars .

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
this is a non starter. a mustang is by definition not a two seater super car which is what mid engine would suggest. that's why ford routinely rejects the idea.

its supposed to be a good all around car that you can have fun in and live with. that's why it has stood the test of time.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Not closed minded but rear drive sports cars te normal person with a family can afford is slim pickins . A mid engine stang would end up priced like the vette.
It is nice to dream that they build a mid engine Mustang that start at 30 k and a gt loaded at 55k or so. But that is a pipe dream .
It be nice if Ford kept the normal pony car and built a mid engine sports car . But the market for sports,performance cars is not there anymore at least not as ice and v8.
Youth not all but most are fine with 4 bangers or ev's.
The youth has been priced out of the v8 performance car for decades not only with the buy in cost but the stupidly costly insurance. They had to make do with less and are now perfectly ok with it . I mean many 4 bangers have more power than most v8 performance cars have had since 1972. We are living in the Golden age when the base eb makes 90 hp and 60 ftlp more than the v8 fox body cars .
Excellent points. I should have clarified. A mid engined Mustang would have to be in addition to the current coupe, not a replacement. A mid engined Mustang would definitely be in GT500 range, $80-100k.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
this is a non starter. a mustang is by definition not a two seater super car which is what mid engine would suggest. that's why ford routinely rejects the idea.

its supposed to be a good all around car that you can have fun in and live with. that's why it has stood the test of time.
Why couldn’t we have both? Isn't more better?

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Why couldn’t we have both? Isn't more better?
If the market was there , they have kept having the outside race shop building FORD GT'S. An in-house built one would far no better as it have to be at least as good as the last run of the GT. A low volume car like that would be expensive.
I see in my crystal ball that after the Camaro is dead. The vette will have a 4 banger turbo base car for the normal joe that can't swing a 88-120k car .
It might just be called the Monza.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Who says the market isn’t there? The Ford GT is/was a limited build, full on race car. A mid engine Mustang does not have to be that at all, I envision it much along the lines of the C8. $80-$100k (or maybe slightly more) is no different than C8 and GT500 $$. I’d put my name on the list for one for sure. And keep the front engine fastback as well.

Sponsored

SHOdaddy68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium w/Recaro
If you don't like the idea of a mid-engine performance car, then you need to drive one. I have a Corvair that has a mid-engine, had an Acura NSX, and if the wait wasn't so long, I would have bought a 2020 C8. They are a blast to drive and track.
Corvair is "rear engine". Still has a back seat and gets really tail-happy in a tight turn.

s2ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 - 6S1757, 2017 GT350 - H3303

Very true, but a Mustang by definition is also not an electric SUV, and look what happened there...

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Very true, but a Mustang by definition is also not an electric SUV, and look what happened there...
true but that's also a growing market of retards while the two seater supercar segment isn't.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
true but that's also a growing market of retards while the two seater supercar segment isn't.
Maybe it will grow if there’s another offering on the table that is “reasonably” priced for that segment (much like the base C8 is)

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
The rendering is quite sexy. But like some have mentioned, the Mustang basically created the 2+2 pony car segment, would be a shame if it became something else.

Ford is discontinuing the GT….can’t see them replacing it with a mid-engined Mustang. If they want a mid-engine car, they already have the playbook for that.

Would love to see them do a modern Daytona Coupe to replace the GT, but don’t think we should hold our breath on that.
Sponsored