Not much cop in the snow...

Scylla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Trigger slid pitifully in the work car park in .5cm of freshly laid snow and came slowly to rest against a kerb. I’ve suffered genuine separation anxiety since then and the time I liberated him this morning. I’ve also suffered no end of mirth from colleagues too, but that’s fair play I reckon.
Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I almost learnt that the hard way, I took a roundabout sideways. Yesterday I worked from home.

Last edited:

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Ford Fiesta ST200.
I almost learnt that the hard way, I took a roundabout sideways. Yesterday I worked home home.
I work from home so I only go out when I want too. Got a bit sideways last weekend on a cold wet road. That was fun.

Been painful this week.as I couldn't drive as it was too cold, summer rubber and minus 2 don't mix well.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The Pirelli P Zeros that came as default on the <2018 models weren't rated below 7'c :frown:

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
The Pirelli P Zeros that came as default on the <2018 models weren't rated below 7'c :frown:
Yeah I know. I find there ok if you don't push the car. Went out for a spin today (we've had no snow this week) and it was 3 to 4 degrees round a 60 mile lap and she was fine I wasn't pushing though, just a nice cruise. As long as you aren't trying to be Ken Block there alright.

Be glad when I've worn them down and I can stick some Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's on. They transformed my Focus ST. Facking awesome rubber.

Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
I’ve been having fun in the snow and ice, had the option of the Wife’s Fiesta ST but still took the Stang! Wet/snow mode is actually really helpful but still had a bit of sport mode slippery fun :)

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
I’ve been having fun in the snow and ice, had the option of the Wife’s Fiesta ST but still took the Stang! Wet/snow mode is actually really helpful but still had a bit of sport mode slippery fun :)
What is it about the Stang / ST combo :clap:

Have you got an Auto Adam?

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
What is it about the Stang / ST combo :clap:

Have you got an Auto Adam?
Yeah mines an auto, only because they only had auto’s left at the Ford dealer I work at. Manual would be more fun but I’m enjoying the paddle shifting, especially the downshift revving :rockon:

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Yeah mines an auto, only because they only had auto’s left at the Ford dealer I work at. Manual would be more fun but I’m enjoying the paddle shifting, especially the downshift revving :rockon:
I can't drive a manual anymore (dodgy left knee). I can have some fun in my wife's ST, but if I get caught in traffic it can get very bad very fast.

I bought some new paddle shifters for mine. They make a big difference to the experience as you have more "paddle" to aim at. I got them from Cj's (they cost far to much though after import tax and shipping) . I think you can get something similar on Amazon.

IMG_20190202_150211.jpg

https://www.cjponyparts.com/accelatec-paddle-shifter-extension-pair-2015-2019/p/PSHIFT1-V/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_s...shifters+ford&rh=i:aps,k:paddle+shifters+ford

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
I can't drive a manual anymore (dodgy left knee). I can have some fun in my wife's ST, but if I get caught in traffic it can get very bad very fast.

I bought some new paddle shifters for mine. They make a big difference to the experience as you have more "paddle" to aim at. I got them from Cj's (they cost far to much though after import tax and shipping) . I think you can get something similar on Amazon.

IMG_20190202_150211.jpg

https://www.cjponyparts.com/accelatec-paddle-shifter-extension-pair-2015-2019/p/PSHIFT1-V/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=paddle+shifters+ford&rh=i:aps,k:paddle+shifters+ford

Snap! Got mine off eBay, aluminium items for about £25 :)

9DF477A9-03EA-4154-97F5-C2A3473D8697.jpeg

Sponsored

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
I think they look alot more purposeful than the stock ford parts bin ones they fit to every car. :clap:

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
Winter tyres make all the difference. I’ve got my winter wheels on and not had any issues with grip, yet
Yes winter tyres give you some confidence that you will get round the corner. My Nokians are good. Even with winter tyres, limited slip diff & snow mode you might not get there if a lorry is jackknifed or all those with no plan B are completely blocking the roundabout.

AB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0
Winter tyres are you friend in this weather.

In the warmer months simply "line lock" your P-Zeros outside of Kwik Fit and get the MPSS fitted.
Sponsored