Sponsored

Not Happy with Ford - HVAC

WPStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The air conditioning on my 2015 Mustang GT PP with 30,000 started blowing only hot air about 2 weeks ago.
My local dealer has diagnosed the car with a leak in the condenser unit.
The car has been sitting at the dealer since that time waiting for parts to be delivered by Ford.
I live in South Florida where its over 90 degrees everyday, no way I can drive the car without AC.
My local dealer has provided me with a loaner car and has treated me fairly.
However in my opinion it is unacceptable to have the car in the shop going on 3 weeks while Ford takes its time to deliver the necessary parts.
Anyone else have a similar problem?
According to the dealer there are over 70 2015 Mustangs in the US with the same issue.
Sponsored

cyberbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT On Order
Maybe the dealer forgot to order them or something your not seeing.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
read up on your lemon law rights

there is a clause that if vehicle is out of service for x number of days you qualify

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Possibly parts are on back order.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Noticed some white stains on my AC lines near the joints. Currently cold air but wonder if I will be on that list sooner or later.

Sponsored

ibinubu12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 2.3L Premium MT82 EB PP
The air conditioning on my 2015 Mustang GT PP with 30,000 started blowing only hot air about 2 weeks ago.
My local dealer has diagnosed the car with a leak in the condenser unit.
The car has been sitting at the dealer since that time waiting for parts to be delivered by Ford.
I live in South Florida where its over 90 degrees everyday, no way I can drive the car without AC.
My local dealer has provided me with a loaner car and has treated me fairly.
However in my opinion it is unacceptable to have the car in the shop going on 3 weeks while Ford takes its time to deliver the necessary parts.
Anyone else have a similar problem?
According to the dealer there are over 70 2015 Mustangs in the US with the same issue.
The general consensus on the forum is that the evaporator is on backorder. I'm not sure about the condenser - I don't know if we've had someone on here with a condenser leak yet. Those tend to be pretty rare outside of front-end impacts.

OP
OP

WPStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Thank you for the responses
To be clear the car has never been in any kind of accident, and is totally stock.
When I have more information I will post a follow up regarding exactly what work was performed once the car is repaired.
In the meantime I am driving a 2016 Mustang V6 Convertible loaner from the dealer.
Its just a little frustrating in that my dealer here in South Fla cannot give me an answer as to when the necessary parts will arrive.
Anyway thanks again for the responses.

Mr Snappy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-Vert, 2015 Tahoe LTZ
Thank you for the responses
To be clear the car has never been in any kind of accident, and is totally stock.
When I have more information I will post a follow up regarding exactly what work was performed once the car is repaired.
In the meantime I am driving a 2016 Mustang V6 Convertible loaner from the dealer.
Its just a little frustrating in that my dealer here in South Fla cannot give me an answer as to when the necessary parts will arrive.
Anyway thanks again for the responses.
Consider yourself VERY lucky, it is not common to have such a nice loaner. Most would get a focus.

Bubbachunks

Forever Ford!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Millenium Falcon
Years ago I had a Nissan Frontier with about 25000 miles when the AC went out. It took the dealership 2 weeks to get a new unit. They told me it was because it was rare that AC compressors failed.
Maybe that is the reason for the delay.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
When Ford has a backorder, Ford has a backorder.

I had a Fiesta out of service getting the transmission rebuilt twice then finally they opted to replace it and that wait was about a month and a week (total time at dealers with rebuild: ~3 mo.). No loaner ever offered. And I was told that was a great turn around time... lots of those transmissions were getting replaced. Lots of A/C systems are having issues, a number already in our Mustang group here. Mine bogs the engine down far more than other Mustangs I've driven such that it'll even shake the car, but seems to be working otherwise.

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
The condenser failures are common apparently.

It is likely a Ford supplier issue, not Ford.

Jesse R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 2003 Mach 1
Yea there is a few threads on this issue..the part is on backorder and people are going 3 plus weeks with their cars in the shop waiting on the parts. Your lucky they gave you a nice loaner

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
The ac condenser sits in front of the radiator and often is the first thing hit by any road debris sucked into the grill area. I'm not suggesting you picked up debris damage. Just saying I often get worried by the people doing the grill delete without at least a little mesh screen to protect the radiator/condenser combo.

ibinubu12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 2.3L Premium MT82 EB PP
The ac condenser sits in front of the radiator and often is the first thing hit by any road debris sucked into the grill area. I'm not suggesting you picked up debris damage. Just saying I often get worried by the people doing the grill delete without at least a little mesh screen to protect the radiator/condenser combo.
Whenever I see the grille deletes I cringe a little bit for that exact reason. I'd rather replace a plastic grille than have the A/C system damaged and need to replace a condenser and then recharge.

Ground Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 White EB+PP
I'm having a similar issue.

I'm not sure if this is due to something done at the dealership during an oil change, or something else. I have an RTR upper and lower grill installed, but it isn't a delete and the pass through holes are smaller than my stock EB grille, not counting the triangular corner holes.

If it ends up needing a part that is on back order I may just take it home and tell them to call when the part comes in.

This is one of the drawbacks to getting a relatively new generation of car - more parts on back order.
Sponsored