Sponsored

Northern Virginia Members

Mike A.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
In Loudoun I think they normally only ticket for tint as 2nd offense.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

CentralVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD !!!!
Tint is a primary offense and getting a medical waiver is only good for 35% light transmission though the window. Be careful though as the medical waiver is put on the registration and is only good for the person listed on the registration. If someone other then the regiestered owner is driving and the tint is illegal they could get a VUS (Virginia Uniform Summons) for it. Also you are given a 7% variance so while 50% is the normal allowed min light transmission you will not get a ticket unless it is below 43%.

Beef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 S550 GT
I was able to legitimately obtain a sunshade waiver/registration which allows you to legally have 35% film all around and 70% on the front windshield. That's the best route to deal with tint tickets in this area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gotta look into this....

Mike A.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Is the blue GT with the very loud exhaust that was near the leesburg Costco/Target area tonight on here?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Sponsored

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp
Is the blue GT with the very loud exhaust that was near the leesburg Costco/Target area tonight on here?
Ha, I think I know the car you're talking about. Extremely loud. :)

Best,

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp
Tint is a primary offense and getting a medical waiver is only good for 35% light transmission though the window. Be careful though as the medical waiver is put on the registration and is only good for the person listed on the registration. If someone other then the regiestered owner is driving and the tint is illegal they could get a VUS (Virginia Uniform Summons) for it. Also you are given a 7% variance so while 50% is the normal allowed min light transmission you will not get a ticket unless it is below 43%.
Why are you guys willing to go through all this bullshit to get "illegal tint" on the windows? Seriously. Is it THAT important to you? Worth a ticket and the associated increased insurance rates down the line? I really don't get it. There's already a big fat bullseye on you from the FCP's perspective and you're just giving them more ammo. :crazy:

Mike A.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Ha, I think I know the car you're talking about. Extremely loud. :)

Best,
He was leaving when I was getting out of my car. I could hear it a long ways down Edwards Ferry Rd. He must have come back by, I was all the way in the back of Target and could hear it!
:shocked:

umarov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CO Premium PP
Why are you guys willing to go through all this bullshit to get "illegal tint" on the windows? Seriously. Is it THAT important to you? Worth a ticket and the associated increased insurance rates down the line? I really don't get it. There's already a big fat bullseye on you from the FCP's perspective and you're just giving them more ammo. :crazy:
I share the same thoughts. I don't get it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

CentralVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD !!!!
Tint is a non-moving violation and will not result with points on your license. So your insurance will also not be affected ;)

Sponsored

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp
Tint is a non-moving violation and will not result with points on your license. So your insurance will also not be affected ;)
So just your time and your wallet. Pretty stupid. But hey, what do us old guys know. I long for the days when I was in my 20's and I knew everything. :)

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
can't notice me when I'm driving normally not breaking laws left and right. /shrug

Mike A.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Well outside of FairFax City and the area right around there they don't bother you for only tint in my experience and what I've known from others.

Plus...tint looks awesome. :thumbsup:

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp
Well outside of FairFax City and the area right around there they don't bother you for only tint in my experience and what I've known from others.

Plus...tint looks awesome. :thumbsup:
Totally worth wasting 30 minutes of my time and the cost of a ticket on my way to work.....not.

*shrug*
Sponsored