Sponsored

Northern Virginia Members

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp
Sounds like you got caught going over 80 and he was generous to drop it to a 79. If not, you are walking a fine line going that speed.
Indeed. 15mph over and it become reckless driving. No joke. Over 80 (regardless of the limit) is also reckless driving.

Best,
Sponsored

Mike A.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Normally I really pay attention to keeping my speed at 75 or below. I was driving with the flow and had several other cars right around me. The State Trooper was going the other direction on the east bound side. I was the unlucky one in the group. It happens...

iEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang Ecoboost Performance Pack
Fairfax county cops.....ugh.
I live im fairfax Ik the struggle lol...got pulled over 2 days ago making it twice in a couple weeks. Once for tinted license plate frame, and the other for tinted windows. Not to mention the fat reckless I got months ago on braddock.

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp
I live im fairfax Ik the struggle lol...got pulled over 2 days ago making it twice in a couple weeks. Once for tinted license plate frame, and the other for tinted windows. Not to mention the fat reckless I got months ago on braddock.
They're always on Braddock over by FCP. They also like to hang out on 28 and FCP to catch people who are getting off bumper to bumper traffic on 66 and they accelerate up to 60-80 in those 50mph zones. I sometimes see one cop with 3 or 4 cars pulled over at the same time in those areas.

Having all the tint is just a "please F with me, officer" sign. Might want to rethink that.

Best,

iEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're always on Braddock over by FCP. They also like to hang out on 28 and FCP to catch people who are getting off bumper to bumper traffic on 66 and they accelerate up to 60-80 in those 50mph zones. I sometimes see one cop with 3 or 4 cars pulled over at the same time in those areas.

Having all the tint is just a "please F with me, officer" sign. Might want to rethink that.

Best,
I understand, its just a black car without tint just looks wrong, so far every incident that involved tints have been a warning.

Sponsored

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp
I understand, its just a black car without tint just looks wrong, so far every incident that involved tints have been a warning.
4 of the 10 richest counties in the US are in northern VA. Those cops are simply "redistributing" your income to the county and state coffers. You're extremely lucky to get off with warnings. That isn't very common. Not a week goes by where I don't hear one of my engineers bitching about getting pinched for this or that. It almost always boils down to the younger guys with bling-laden pony cars or Euro-rods attracting the attention of the officers. The kids rockin' the Prius'es and Fiestas seem to do OK. :) Those insurance surcharges are pretty intense. A reckless and a couple of points and you're paying almost as much as some dumbass with a DUI.

Best,

bumada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Package
I saw you last week by that safeway on burke center parkway and 123. I was eating inside that chipotle.

iEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw you last week by that safeway on burke center parkway and 123. I was eating inside that chipotle.
I live across the street from Chipotle, Burke Centre shopping center is my place haha you'll always find me there.

bumada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I live across the street from Chipotle, Burke Centre shopping center is my place haha you'll always find me there.
Well damn. Me too or at least for the next 2 weeks. I'm moving to Fairfax corner in April. That's the only time I've seen you though. I usually walk to that shopping center if I need something. That's how close I am.

Btw, I added you on IG.

iEcobeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well damn. Me too or at least for the next 2 weeks. I'm moving to Fairfax corner in April. That's the only time I've seen you though. I usually walk to that shopping center if I need something. That's how close I am.

Btw, I added you on IG.
I'm usually in and out, dont like staying in that area too long people from school knows my car and its always getting toyed with. But hey! Why dont you follow Capitol S550 on facebook. We have meets/dinners/cruises and its cool to just hangout with other S550s. And I followed you back on IG.

Sponsored

Beef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 S550 GT
So anyway to get around a tint ticket without having to peel it off??

I hate FF county and avoid if i can...... loudoun county hasnt been the best for my driving record either :(

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT

I hate FF county and avoid if i can...... loudoun county hasnt been the best for my driving record either :(
I don't live in Nova. But in Richmond I just pay the ticket... I am not peeling anything off. I never got one but my wife's old car was 5% all around. She got pulled and got a ticket. I just paid it. I'm not bothering with court for a non moving violation. Do the same thing for not having a front plate.

bumada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are bothered by the fines, then I suggest getting rid of it. It's easiest just to pay the ticket.

Also curious for these tint tickets, do they stop you solely for tint or from something else and tag on tint? My bmw e30 is pretty much blacked out and I haven't been touched. My old M3 and 7 series were a little lighter but still illegal, still no tickets. I haven't tinted the Mustang yet but so many people on this forum seem to get tagged.

MeghanisradxD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Mustang Ecoboost
Best,
I have gotten a ticket exactly in this spot...should have been reckless, but he reduced it to failure to obey street sign or something minuscule. One of the few cool ffx county cops I've run into.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

I was able to legitimately obtain a sunshade waiver/registration which allows you to legally have 35% film all around and 70% on the front windshield. That's the best route to deal with tint tickets in this area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored