Sponsored

Normal 10 speed automatic behavior (quirks)?

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
Sorry to revive a 2 year old post lmao but did your transmission whine ever get better/go away? I got a 2022 that whines like nobodies business -.-
lol, actually no - 2 years later and its still whinny, jerky, and clunky. I checked and found the trans fluid about a half a quart low. I topped that off and it seemed to help a little.

I have about 22k miles on it now, and its still going strong... still loving the car

Same problems. But after Ford reworked my valve body (which helped a little) they said all this behavior is normal.

I still disagree. But I am tired of fighting them.
Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I often use sport around town because Iā€™m tired of the transmission, as far as Iā€™m concerned, lugging my turbo engine in D. I find that there is a fine line between too little throttle and just enough to have it shift not too harshly. Of course, if I floor it it shifts better but , LOL, Iā€™m not into producing GT fuel economy all the time. That said, I have been experiencing a harsher 4-3 downshift when coasting up to a stoplight in the past few months, although to some degree this has been mitigated if the transmission is up to temperature. This at approximately 25K miles.

GT2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt, 2011 Lexus is250
Same problems. But after Ford reworked my valve body (which helped a little) they said all this behavior is normal.

I still disagree. But I am tired of fighting them.
Yea I got the whole ā€œitā€™s within specā€ ā€œitā€™s normalā€ when I brought it in, which to me doesnā€™t really make sense. If it wasnā€™t designed to whine or be jerky, and it is whining and jerking, then clearly itā€™s not ā€œnormalā€ .. :/ I have read some posts about eliminating the whine by replacing the gears on the pump for the trans, but good luck getting ford to do that under warranty
Sponsored