Sponsored

[Noob] How to find spare parts for the car?

Maclay74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019
Hey, sorry for asking about such an obvious thing, but I'm in need of a spare part for my car, and the dealer doesn't have it.
So I have to somehow find it myself, but I can't find in anywhere to buy.

I took a photo of the part in my car, I think it's number it EU5A-9G866-BD, but anywhere I paste it - nothing solid.
I see some used parts on local markets, but I'm afraid of buying them.

I think that maybe this part has different number, not the one I see on the part. Because I found some schemas with a different naming convention for parts.

I'm totally confused now and don't know what to do.

If somebody could explain the strategy for buying spare parts, I'd greatly appreciate that.
Thanks.
Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I'm in need of a spare part for my car, and the dealer doesn't have it.
I think that maybe this part has different number, not the one I see on the part.
So if you gave them the right pn they might have it? Go back to the dealer with the part or send a photo and ask them to provide the pn.

I see some used parts on local markets, but I'm afraid of buying them
Why?

If somebody could explain the strategy for buying spare parts, I'd greatly appreciate that.
There isn't one really . Google, ebay, wrecking yards, classifieds.

OP
OP
Maclay74

Maclay74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019
Thanks for the reply!

So if you gave them the right pn they might have it? Go back to the dealer with the part or send a photo and ask them to provide the pn.
I gave them the photo, they said they don't have this part for sale. My local dealer is a crap, they can't do anything besides the most basic things. They couldn't even diagnose the car properly. Thanks to fellas from the forum I'm going to replace parts one by one. Insane.

Because they might have the same issue I have.

There isn't one really . Google, ebay, wrecking yards, classifieds.
Yea, I tried google and ebay, not much there. I don't have yards with American cars around, unfortunately ;c

Therealmattlex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Is it the vapor canister purge valve you're trying to order? Is there a reason you need a spare? I'm not sure if its harder to get in other countries but they are readily available in the US.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Post up a photo of the part and the number.

Also try contacting Levittown Ford (there are probably others) as they seem to be super helpful and 'were' happy to ship overseas.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Maclay74

Maclay74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019
Is it the vapor canister purge valve you're trying to order? Is there a reason you need a spare? I'm not sure if its harder to get in other countries but they are readily available in the US.
Yep, it is. I need it because it might fix my rpm drops on red lights. Some folks mentioned that it usually solves it.

OP
OP
Maclay74

Maclay74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019
Post up a photo of the part and the number.

Also try contacting Levittown Ford (there are probably others) as they seem to be super helpful and 'were' happy to ship overseas.
1652786209744.jpeg

The number (as I understand) is EU5A-9G866-BD

Thanks for the advice!

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Surely there are dealers in the UK and Germany, just to name 2, that you can contact.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Don't you have auto parts stores where you live?
That doesn't have to be a dealer part. The last two I've gotten (for 2 different cars) have been from the corner parts store. They have worked well with no failures.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
I imagine that trying to find American car parts in Europe can be an issue. Shipping from the USA might be prohibitive for just one part, but if you got a box full of them, it may be worth it. And yes, I'm sure that some of our dealers here would be happy to sell you the part.

I would offer to help, but shipping international (in my experience) from the USA is a real PITA because of our customs forms and rules.

A former acquaintance of mine who does BMW stuff bought a bunch of used parts in Germany and filled up a shipping container to get it back over here. I don't know how all that ended up, as far as any profit he may have made to compensate for the trouble, but obviously where there's a will there's a way.

Best of luck. If you get in a real bind, I'm sure one of us here would help you out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Maclay74

Maclay74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019
I imagine that trying to find American car parts in Europe can be an issue. Shipping from the USA might be prohibitive for just one part, but if you got a box full of them, it may be worth it. And yes, I'm sure that some of our dealers here would be happy to sell you the part.

I would offer to help, but shipping international (in my experience) from the USA is a real PITA because of our customs forms and rules.

A former acquaintance of mine who does BMW stuff bought a bunch of used parts in Germany and filled up a shipping container to get it back over here. I don't know how all that ended up, as far as any profit he may have made to compensate for the trouble, but obviously where there's a will there's a way.

Best of luck. If you get in a real bind, I'm sure one of us here would help you out.
Thanks!

I took the another advice and contacted with guys from Levittown Ford, they managed to convert the part's engineering number to catalogue one, so I think that I can ask my local dealer whether they have it or not or maybe order it somehow.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Or maybe consider buying from Levittown since they helped you out. The cost of buying direct plus paying shipping, vs paying markup at your local dealer, might surprise you.

OP
OP
Maclay74

Maclay74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019
Or maybe consider buying from Levittown since they helped you out. The cost of buying direct plus paying shipping, vs paying markup at your local dealer, might surprise you.
It's more about shipping, I think it will take up to two months to deliver something to Europe now.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Don't let that put you off, 2 weeks to Australia via Fedex so by comparison you have nothing to worry about

MotoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford F150 XLT Supercab
Thanks!

I took the another advice and contacted with guys from Levittown Ford, they managed to convert the part's engineering number to catalogue one, so I think that I can ask my local dealer whether they have it or not or maybe order it somehow.
I thought that was an engineering number you gave in the first post. I'm learning too, haha, and I've been driving Fords and wrenching on them over 15 years.
Sponsored