Sponsored

Non Profit Fund Raiser Launched with GT350R

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Bump...

Any updates on the charity fundraiser / raffle?
Sponsored

scarface

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your mom
JUST BOUGHT MY TICKETS!! May I make one suggestion if you want to sell more tickets. When Oprah gave everyone in the audience a brand new car, everyone was excited, but not a single person drove home in their new car, because you need to write a check for 25% of "Applicable Law" to the IRS. On a $75K 350R, that's about $18,000.00 before you can fired her up. Now, if you tell someone that all you need is pay $18K for a $75K car, they would take it any day, but the problem is, not everyone has $18K sitting in their bank, so the majority will end up taking the cash prize option. The reason why Dream Giveaway is so successful with their raffles is that they also add on a "cash prize" along with the vehicles so you can pay your taxes and still drive off with your prize. They usually add a cash "$30K-$50K" prize, after taxes on the cash prize, its transferred over to the IRS for "Applicable Law". I know for a fact that many people on the Shelby forum is buying into the Dream Giveaway because of "plus we pay $45K for taxes". Make is simple, make it easy, and make it affordable for people to win these prizes.

OP
OP
WinAShelbyGt350.com

WinAShelbyGt350.com

NFP Organization
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cartridgesthatcare.com
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 R AG
JUST BOUGHT MY TICKETS!! May I make one suggestion if you want to sell more tickets. When Oprah gave everyone in the audience a brand new car, everyone was excited, but not a single person drove home in their new car, because you need to write a check for 25% of "Applicable Law" to the IRS. On a $75K 350R, that's about $18,000.00 before you can fired her up. Now, if you tell someone that all you need is pay $18K for a $75K car, they would take it any day, but the problem is, not everyone has $18K sitting in their bank, so the majority will end up taking the cash prize option. The reason why Dream Giveaway is so successful with their raffles is that they also add on a "cash prize" along with the vehicles so you can pay your taxes and still drive off with your prize. They usually add a cash "$30K-$50K" prize, after taxes on the cash prize, its transferred over to the IRS for "Applicable Law". I know for a fact that many people on the Shelby forum is buying into the Dream Giveaway because of "plus we pay $45K for taxes". Make is simple, make it easy, and make it affordable for people to win these prizes.
THANK YOU for your Support and your suggestions.

With this being our organizations first Giveaway we had to make a choice based on our budget. A GT350 with taxes paid or a GT350R. We opted for the R because of its rarity and our ability to offer a unique prize from other organization fund raisers. Our Giveaway will also have much better odds than other more established fund raising sites and the drawing will overseen by our accounting firm Plante Moran PLLC.

We just launched a second Giveaway site with another Ford Performance car and we did as you suggest. The site URL is www.winafocusrs.com. The Ford stock media photos will be replaced shortly with actual photos. Our giveaway car arrived last week and we are in the process of photographing it.

We are Ford car enthusiasts and we are glad to be connected with your forum members because we share the same interest and value your comments. We hope to be giving away the keys to someone with the same passion and who will really enjoy it.

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
Can someone clarify, is there not going to be a raffle for the R?

Sponsored

OP
OP
WinAShelbyGt350.com

WinAShelbyGt350.com

NFP Organization
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 R AG
So far only 47k has been donated , at first no car was supposed to be awarded if they had not raised 175k by October.
Correct. I lifted the reserve amount based on suggestions at the beginning of this thread. No regrets. It was the right call. We are looking forward to counting down to the 31st.

If someone who lives in the Chicago area would like to witness the draw or pull the winning entry on the 31st than I would extent the invitation.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I sent my donation. Hoping for the best! :)

How can you guys give this away if it doesn't meet the price you paid for it? Defies logic of a fundraiser.

scarface

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your mom

How can you guys give this away if it doesn't meet the price you paid for it? Defies logic of a fundraiser.
:clap2:
At then end of the day people, its for charity. $20, $50, $100, that maybe not a lot of money, but it means a lot of people that needs help, and in the process, you may win a Shelby 350R.

scarface

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your mom
THANK YOU for your Support and your suggestions.

With this being our organizations first Giveaway we had to make a choice based on our budget. A GT350 with taxes paid or a GT350R. We opted for the R because of its rarity and our ability to offer a unique prize from other organization fund raisers. Our Giveaway will also have much better odds than other more established fund raising sites and the drawing will overseen by our accounting firm Plante Moran PLLC.

We just launched a second Giveaway site with another Ford Performance car and we did as you suggest. The site URL is www.winafocusrs.com. The Ford stock media photos will be replaced shortly with actual photos. Our giveaway car arrived last week and we are in the process of photographing it.

We are Ford car enthusiasts and we are glad to be connected with your forum members because we share the same interest and value your comments. We hope to be giving away the keys to someone with the same passion and who will really enjoy it.

Good to know and good luck with your charity and thanks for your effort. Hopefully we will meet in person, shake hands, and you hand me the keys.:thumbsup:

Sponsored

scarface

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your mom

I think they will, the raffle is 3 1/2 months old with another month to go, I think there is a push for it among other forums. Plus, they are a non-profit, their tax exempt and loses are different from profit companies.

Arctic_Ragtop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350 H1465
Is this raffle open to Canadians ? Could it be brought to Canada if the winner was Canadian ?

OP
OP
WinAShelbyGt350.com

WinAShelbyGt350.com

NFP Organization
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 R AG
Is this raffle open to Canadians ? Could it be brought to Canada if the winner was Canadian ?
Canadians are not excluded however you should check into the logistics of titling a US titled car in Canada. You can also elect a cash prize option.

OP
OP
WinAShelbyGt350.com

WinAShelbyGt350.com

NFP Organization
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 R AG

Certainly we would like to be a higher number than where we are now. Its been my observation of other fund raisers that almost 50% of the money donated occurs in the last week before the close date.

OP
OP
WinAShelbyGt350.com

WinAShelbyGt350.com

NFP Organization
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 R AG
Our GT350R Giveaway is down to the final hour for registration that ends at noon. Thank you to everyone who supported our first fund raising event. We are excited to be announcing a winner on the website a little after 5pm central time. www.winashelbygt350.com
Sponsored