Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cartridgesthatcare.com
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 R AG
It would be great for anyone to have a real chance to win the car. Its great that the money is going towards a great cause and certainly is worth the donation. But keep in mind when you advertise such a thing on a forum such as this that people would like at least a chance to win it. Dropping the reserve to a reasonable level may very well bring you more donations because people will feel like there is at least a chance.

Sincerely, best of luck in the fund raiser.
Based on the feedback we have received from forum members and our appreciation to mustang6g.com for highlighting our fund raiser we have decided to remove the reserve on GT350R. Your opinions and support are very important to our organization and the success of our first fund raiser. We are communicating to the web developers of our terms change and will update the site as soon as we can. I will post again when I know the donation site terms are updated. I hope this update will come as welcome news to everyone interested in supporting our cause.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Okay not to be a "Debbie Downer" but here is some of my knowledge of how these fundraisers..NON PROFIT AGENCIES work. First you go to a Vet group, Policemen, Fireman etc...group and say hey I would like to raise to $5,000 or $10,000 by this date..would this be good for you? "Group"...sure !!!..."Fundraiser" Okay I need permission to use your "Group NAME" sign here.(XX).....then "Fundraiser goes down to local municipality and gets a "Fundraising licencee" or "Permit" then for example they raffle of a GT350R the "Fundraisers" go to a dealership and work a deal on the car...(not sure if there is a tax advantage for the dealer on selling a car to a "NON profit company" anyway lets just say the "Fundraisers" get the car for $80K and they sell $250K of tickets...Well before you all screwed up their "if I don't raise it all we do a 50/50 deal, and now its by this date we give the car away" Well lets say they sell the $250,000 dollars in tickets....The (fundraiser owner) bills the "NON profit Entity" the price of the car, $80K, then (fundraiser owner) bills the "NON profit Entity" they use of of his office for (XYZ amount of days) $2k per day for 60 days = $120K, then the (fundraiser owner) bills "NON profit Entity" for the phone lines, copy papers, temp agency services, water, air, etc.....you get the point, until all cash is used up and all that's left is the $5K or $10K to go the the Veterans in this case...Out side the cost of the car ALL the remaining monies go to the fundraiser pocket.....I have not see the fine details of this ORG. but this is how 99.9 percent of ALL non profit org. work..Sorry to burst anyone bubble...of course the VETS will be $5k richer than they use to be......How do I know all of this? Good question, I use to be a Stockbroker (kinda still am) and one of my biggest clients was a "fundraiser guy" use to raffle off amazing things..even homes....One day I ask him how is had so much money to invest owning a "non profit business" he told me and to be truthful I thought about doing it my self, but..... I like looking at myself in the morning, and would not of like the guy I saw if I did this...that is just me...maybe I'm wrong about this deal, and you all can ask the appropriate questions to "vet" the deal out (pun intended) now being a little more enlightened..good luck to all !

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Okay not to be a "Debbie Downer" but here is some of my knowledge of how these fundraisers..NON PROFIT AGENCIES work. First you go to a Vet group, Policemen, Fireman etc...group and say hey I would like to raise to $5,000 or $10,000 by this date..would this be good for you? "Group"...sure !!!..."Fundraiser" Okay I need permission to use your "Group NAME" sign here.(XX).....then "Fundraiser goes down to local municipality and gets a "Fundraising licencee" or "Permit" then for example they raffle of a GT350R the "Fundraisers" go to a dealership and work a deal on the car...(not sure if there is a tax advantage for the dealer on selling a car to a "NON profit company" anyway lets just say the "Fundraisers" get the car for $80K and they sell $250K of tickets...Well before you all screwed up their "if I don't raise it all we do a 50/50 deal, and now its by this date we give the car away" Well lets say they sell the $250,000 dollars in tickets....The (fundraiser owner) bills the "NON profit Entity" the price of the car, $80K, then (fundraiser owner) bills the "NON profit Entity" they use of of his office for (XYZ amount of days) $2k per day for 60 days = $120K, then the (fundraiser owner) bills "NON profit Entity" for the phone lines, copy papers, temp agency services, water, air, etc.....you get the point, until all cash is used up and all that's left is the $5K or $10K to go the the Veterans in this case...Out side the cost of the car ALL the remaining monies go to the fundraiser pocket.....I have not see the fine details of this ORG. but this is how 99.9 percent of ALL non profit org. work..Sorry to burst anyone bubble...of course the VETS will be $5k richer than they use to be......How do I know all of this? Good question, I use to be a Stockbroker (kinda still am) and one of my biggest clients was a "fundraiser guy" use to raffle off amazing things..even homes....One day I ask him how is had so much money to invest owning a "non profit business" he told me and to be truthful I thought about doing it my self, but..... I like looking at myself in the morning, and would not of like the guy I saw if I did this...that is just me...maybe I'm wrong about this deal, and you all can ask the appropriate questions to "vet" the deal out (pun intended) now being a little more enlightened..good luck to all !
While I don't doubt there are a bunch of shadey organizations out there that do do such things, TRI Industries does appear to be a legitimate business dealing in print cartridge recycling, but focus heavily on hiring persons with disabilities. I'm not seeing much in the way of third-party reports though, so perhaps your skepticism is fair.

Blue Rabbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ford Fusion Energi
While I don't doubt there are a bunch of shadey organizations out there that do do such things, TRI Industries does appear to be a legitimate business dealing in print cartridge recycling, but focus heavily on hiring persons with disabilities. I'm not seeing much in the way of third-party reports though, so perhaps your skepticism is fair.
I agree with both of you. Maybe the organizer could post some more details to help everyone better understand.
How is the donated money used by TRI specifically?
The websites that track NFP's doesn't have them listed, and in this day and age, we are taught to tread carefully.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WinAShelbyGt350.com

WinAShelbyGt350.com

NFP Organization
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 R AG
I am Ken Bell, the Executive Director of TRI Industries (the non profit organization running this sweepstakes) and want to respond to this posting. While I am sure there have been cases of misrepresentation in this type of fundraising, I want to assure everyone this is not the case for our Shelby GT 350 event.

This sweepstakes is a 100% effort by our organization to raise funds in support of our ongoing mission to employ people with significant disabilities. We train and provide employment to persons in a manufacturing and distribution business model as a nonprofit agency. To be accepted in our program an individual is referred from the VA or another nonprofit agency and have clinical certification that they are unable to meet the demands of working in a community job. We provide a job opportunity to those referred so that they can still earn an income at the same commensurate wage of the community job that may be out of reach at this time.

More information about TRI can be accessed at www.cartridges that care, PM me or call our agency to reach me.

For the past 7 years TRI Industries has provided jobs to people unable to obtain work and did so solely on its business model of selling ink and toner cartridges and earning a profit from the sale of those products. All proceeds stayed with TRI to further its mission and support it’s operation. Since 2009 our agency has operated solely under its business model and operated without outside support.

You may be aware the the state of Illinois has not been paying it’s bills due to a budgeting impasse. The state is also one of our largest customers. Due to this, we made the decision to raise funds for the agency for the first time using a vehicle giveaway program that is very common fund raising tool. We selected two of the most popular cars for 2016 in the Ford product family and now set out to tell our story to those willing to support our cause financially so that we may carry-on our mission while we work to collect our receivables.

So, no scam in this endeavor! Just a hard working nonprofit trying to raise money to survive a tough situation and keep employing some very deserving individuals - and to offer the chance to win a great car to those who are interested.

Again – I will be available throughout our fund raiser if you have any questions!

MisterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'13 Taurus SHO & '16 GT350R
Based on the feedback we have received from forum members and our appreciation to mustang6g.com for highlighting our fund raiser we have decided to remove the reserve on GT350R.
I think this is a big plus. As silly as it seemed, I actually put on the calendar to check back on your website a few weeks before the drawing to see if you had collected enough to meet the reserve before I would commit. I also was waiting for additional info on this organization before committing. Thank you for the change and the additional info about your organization.

TradedC7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350
I think this is a big plus. As silly as it seemed, I actually put on the calendar to check back on your website a few weeks before the drawing to see if you had collected enough to meet the reserve before I would commit. I also was waiting for additional info on this organization before committing. Thank you for the change and the additional info about your organization.
Removing the reserve has been processed by TRI Industries and will be updated on our donation website no later than tomorrow. Yes we have seen much more early interest since we announced the reserve has been eliminated.

I also owe the forum an answer on Paypal. Sweepstakes credit card processing does not meet Paypals acceptance criteria per the software developers. I have been told we are not able to provide Paypal as an alternate means of processing.

Thank you everyone for your generosity in our first couple of days.

GRTWHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350
To TRI Industries: I don't believe Donson was stating his comments in a way to infer that this may be a "shady promotion." There are plenty of well known non-profit organizations that have been around for a long time and have many supporters and team members, some have Board of Directors, to assist in their fund raising activities. But none of it comes "free"; there is plenty of overhead. For example, The Susan G. Komen breast cancer organization gives only 20% of their donations to cancer research and pays their CEO $684,000 per year, the rest goes to overhead. I mean, they raised $340 million and only $68 million to designated causes. As I am sure that your venture is a very good cause, you cannot escape the fact that in order to promote it, you have to spend money, lots of money. I don't know where the $175,000 figure came from in the initial post, but I assume (may be wrong) that includes the price of the car ($75K?), overhead costs, and the remaining amount to the cause. I believe someone needs to be a bit more forthcoming in regards to how much they plan to raise and details of how much overhead is involved, and finally how much goes to the people who need the help. JMO.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WinAShelbyGt350.com

WinAShelbyGt350.com

NFP Organization
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 R AG
Interesting, Ill probably buy a couple as I have no other chance in hell of getting a R.

If you win what taxes are required, just taxes for MSRP right?
TRI Industries does not determine the tax amount but is responsible for collecting the withholding and submitting this to the IRS. The accounting firm for TRI will oversee compliance with IRS rules at the time of the drawing and we will notify the winner. The official details are on the rules page in the Selection of the Winner section.

For example, if that determination is MSRP at $67,345 the required 25% withholding is approx $16,836.25. Should the winner decide the cash prize is their preference the withholding with be based on a $75,000.00 prize and the winner will receive the net proceeds.

OP
OP
WinAShelbyGt350.com

WinAShelbyGt350.com

NFP Organization
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 R AG
To TRI Industries: I don't believe Donson was stating his comments in a way to infer that this may be a "shady promotion." There are plenty of well known non-profit organizations that have been around for a long time and have many supporters and team members, some have Board of Directors, to assist in their fund raising activities. But none of it comes "free"; there is plenty of overhead. For example, The Susan G. Komen breast cancer organization gives only 20% of their donations to cancer research and pays their CEO $684,000 per year, the rest goes to overhead. I mean, they raised $340 million and only $68 million to designated causes. As I am sure that your venture is a very good cause, you cannot escape the fact that in order to promote it, you have to spend money, lots of money. I don't know where the $175,000 figure came from in the initial post, but I assume (may be wrong) that includes the price of the car ($75K?), overhead costs, and the remaining amount to the cause. I believe someone needs to be a bit more forthcoming in regards to how much they plan to raise and details of how much overhead is involved, and finally how much goes to the people who need the help. JMO.

It is not our intention to offend any forum member in our responses to questions or comments. We will do our best to answer questions specific to our fund raising campaign.

The car represents our fixed cost and the license for use of the website software & credit card transactions fees are a combined 7% of donations received. The charity receives 93% of all donations to be applied to our employment mission once the prize cost is paid. This is our first charity fund raiser so we are actively seeking sponsors to help us cover these expenses. We have budgeted $5000 for digital advertising online through October.

i hope this information is helpful to inquiries of our donation budget. The donated funds and their accounting of receipts and donation expenses are segregated from normal business operations and will be reported separately on our financial statements.

OP
OP
WinAShelbyGt350.com

WinAShelbyGt350.com

NFP Organization
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 R AG
Based on the feedback we have received from forum members and our appreciation to mustang6g.com for highlighting our fund raiser we have decided to remove the reserve on GT350R. Your opinions and support are very important to our organization and the success of our first fund raiser. We are communicating to the web developers of our terms change and will update the site as soon as we can. I will post again when I know the donation site terms are updated. I hope this update will come as welcome news to everyone interested in supporting our cause.
I am updating my earlier quote to announce that the reserve for the GT350R has been removed as promised and the website now reflects the terms change. There is no longer a minimum donation level for the car or cash giveaway.

We will continue to show the donations to date tally box to maintain our transparency of donations received towards our fund raising goal. We look forward to selecting a winner on October 31st.

Thank you for your support and generous donations.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
I am updating my earlier quote to announce that the reserve for the GT350R has been removed as promised and the website now reflects the terms change. There is no longer a minimum donation level for the car or cash giveaway.

We will continue to show the donations to date tally box to maintain our transparency of donations received towards our fund raising goal. We look forward to selecting a winner on October 31st.

Thank you for your support and generous donations.
With all due respect showing the "donations to date" on the total donations you have received is not Transparent :shrug:......No offence, but what is the big deal in showing that? Its not the total you received in donations that is a big deal, but what is the bottom line in what you forwarded over to the "charity" that's the big deal. To me it would not matter if you received $100K or $500K its what percentage goes to the charity. BTW you have noting to prove to me, I am very skeptical and with good cause. Even Trump said it today he had to "VET" the other different charity groups he forwarded his cash too, because in most cases only 5% or less goes to the actual groups. I would not of responded, but you keep writing and selling yourself, and as long as you do this....i'm going to bring up questions and comments.:thumbsup:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Regardless of the legitimacy of this particular NFP... Isn't it sad that there are so many crooks out there that we have to question everything these days? I've known some REAL con artists in my day and unfortunately, a lot of them are VERY smart and good at making something bad look delicious.
Sponsored