v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I think my mt82 input shaft bearing is getting a bit noisy. I can hear it in neutral with clutch out. The noise goes when I fully depress the clutch.
Is this common on the mt82? And if so how long have I got before it needs a change?
The car is a 2017 gt with 13k miles. Surely these things should give at least 100k miles before requiring attention.
Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Yeah...That sounds really, really early. I don’t know of this happening with MT82s
My WRX had similar symptoms when it was rainy or humid...it started around 15k miles and never got worse through 51k when I traded it in.

My first Miata did this starting around 150k. I finally replaced it at 212k.

You should still have some drivetrain warranty, right? . At the very least, have the dealership diagnose and make a note. That’s my suggestion.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Mine was replaced along with the tob at 19k. They ended up replacing the transmission as well due to bad synchros. I'm at 40k and guess what.... Same boat. So glad I bought a manual....pos

OP
OP
v8hgt

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks guys. I’m getting more and more inclined to get shot of it in December when the pcp is up and I have an easy way out.
They built these cars down to a too low price point I think which obviously meant cutting cents here and there on things like low quality bearings, quality control etc. My 17 year old Volvo is mechanically tighter than my 3 yr old mustang, despite having travelled 160k miles instead of 13k.
Sponsored