Sponsored

No Power Seat Recline

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
Discovered today there is no power recline (even for the drivers seat) not cool on a $40,000.00-$50,000.00 automobile. The seats have memory for multiple drivers which is great but it's useless for recalling adjustments for the seat back since it's manual.
Sponsored

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
On what?

As far as I know only the premiums have powered seats and recaros will remove that option.

Jeepwx03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang, 15 Mustang GT PP, 13 F150 FX4
I would hate to have to use a power button to let someone in the back seat, at least these have a memory return.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I believe you are aware the seat back returns to the original reclined position after releasing it. Are you saying you wanted a motor to do that instead of a handle?

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
My '88 Mercury Cougar had that.

Sponsored

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Just have everyone get in the passenger side so you never have to worry about changing your seat position !

Besides, manual is better. It's far quicker when you're trying to put a car seat in the back!

arban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
I would utterly be annoyed holding that button down to fold my seat forward everytime someone got it in.. Oh and then hold it down again to put it back?! Yuck.

OP
OP

STAMPEDE

Threads
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with letting someone in the backseat, that's always better manually. It's the ability to move/adjust your seatback's recline fore and aft via the power seat function; this is especially important if there are multiple drivers eg husband and wife. The mustang gt prem only has 6 way power seats which go back decades. Many cars priced in the $40,000+ range have 12, 16 and 18 ways power seats as part of the power seat option, so should the stang.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I can't even think of 18 ways a friggin seat can move aside from turning completely around and breaking out a picnic table with the backseats.

Apart from letting people into the back I think I've probably adjusted the seat back maybe a dozen times in 10 years.

I can see were some people might think it unacceptable, just not me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ecobeast

GT owner now.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford mustang GT
First world problems are the funniest.

Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Hell, I hate having power seats in the fore & aft direction. I'd REALLY hate to have it for the recline as well. Please don't ask Ford to make these seats worse.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I'm with everyone else. Power recline would be brutal to gain access to the back seat area. :thumbdown:

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
I'm with everyone else. Power recline would be brutal to gain access to the back seat area. :thumbdown:
Usually there is a manual lever to fold the seat forward to gain quick access to the back seat. At the same time you fold the seat forward the seat will go forward automatically opening up more room. Usually when you put the seat-back back in the normal position the seat slides back to the original location. Thats how it works in my BMW at least.

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Discovered today there is no power recline (even for the drivers seat) not cool on a $40,000.00-$50,000.00 automobile. The seats have memory for multiple drivers which is great but it's useless for recalling adjustments for the seat back since it's manual.
Not even an Audi has a power recline
Sponsored