No order number?

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
I called my dealer and asked have you actually placed the order yet? Said they did, so "Great, what's the order number?" Uh, uh there's a number DB12. "What's the priority number?" Uh, 19. I thought when the order is placed the priority changes from 19 to 10? DB12 is written on my preview order. Are they shooting me a bunch of BS or what. He did say it has a clean schedule or something like that. He said that the order has no constraints or issues with parts not being available.
Sponsored

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
I called my dealer and asked have you actually placed the order yet? Said they did, so "Great, what's the order number?" Uh, uh there's a number DB12. "What's the priority number?" Uh, 19. I thought when the order is placed the priority changes from 19 to 10? DB12 is written on my preview order. Are they shooting me a bunch of BS or what. He did say it has a clean schedule or something like that. He said that the order has no constraints or issues with parts not being available.
Sounds to me like he’s short a few chips. Ask for a copy of the order. If it was in fact placed, he should be able to give it to you..

OP
OP
Nardly

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
Sounds to me like he’s short a few chips. Ask for a copy of the order. If it was in fact placed, he should be able to give it to you..
Will I get any emails from Ford about the order and build process?

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
If they DID IN FACT place the order, there should be No Reason not to give you the paperwork. I’m not sure Ford will update you on the build process, but the dealer should have access to what’s going on.. IMO

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Not necessarily. Zack@granger kept me updated. Now that I have a build date, It is taking real effort not to declaw the cat ................ One claw per week. 🙄 :crackup:

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I got a printout of the order "preview" Friday afternoon which I signed and gave the dealer the go-ahead to order. Today I emailed the sales manager the link to the Ford order tracking web page which says get the order number and VIN from your dealer, and asked him to give me those numbers. Curious to see what he comes up with... took 3 tries to convince them I was looking for a Mach 1, not a Mach E. Not sure how I'm gonna make it X weeks, it's been 2 days and I'm going insane, it's all I can think about.

OP
OP
Nardly

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
I got a printout of the order "preview" Friday afternoon which I signed and gave the dealer the go-ahead to order. Today I emailed the sales manager the link to the Ford order tracking web page which says get the order number and VIN from your dealer, and asked him to give me those numbers. Curious to see what he comes up with... took 3 tries to convince them I was looking for a Mach 1, not a Mach E. Not sure how I'm gonna make it X weeks, it's been 2 days and I'm going insane, it's all I can think about.
I’m going through the same thing. Tomorrow I am supposed to get an order number when the guy that normally orders comes back from vacation.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I’m going through the same thing. Tomorrow I am supposed to get an order number when the guy that normally orders comes back from vacation.
Keep us posted how it works out. You'd think this would be a standardized, consistent process for every Ford dealer, but all of our threads are showing that it's all over the place. Told my sales rep I wanted 2% under invoice and he said OK, we'll give you a call when it gets here. I was like really, that's it? Nothing in writing? No down payment? Wouldn't leave without a sales manager signature on a piece of paper with the price and the trade value on my car but it was like pulling teeth.

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
The only issue with doing that it is it implies and rightly so that you don't believe the salesman. At that point, your relationship changes...

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
All this simply reinforced why I bought from Zack. No games, no horse pucky ! Everything by edoc. The big question being do I drive up to Granger or have it trans-shipped to Dallas. I'm truly leaning in that direction.

OP
OP
Nardly

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
All this simply reinforced why I bought from Zack. No games, no horse pucky ! Everything by edoc. The big question being do I drive up to Granger or have it trans-shipped to Dallas. I'm truly leaning in that direction.
Ship it! Saves miles and let’s you enjoy that break in at home. I would have it ship enclosed, I shipped open carrier once. They make stops on the way, possibly moving your car multiple times. Mine was body damaged in the rear.

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
I’m on the enclosed shipping vs. driving back from Granger fence myself (Iowa to Arizona). My rational brain tells me to order the HP and drive it home, since that nearly equals the cost of enclosed transport. or skip the HP and ship to AZ. My budget is fairly fixed on the build. It’s a kick in the teeth to pay Ford $1500 bucks to transport and then pay an enclosed carrier nearly twice that to put in my driveway.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Ship it! Saves miles and let’s you enjoy that break in at home. I would have it ship enclosed, I shipped open carrier once. They make stops on the way, possibly moving your car multiple times. Mine was body damaged in the rear.
This is whom I use. https://plycargroup.com/ Never had an issue.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I received an email from Ford within seconds of Zach placing the order.
Sponsored