Sponsored

No Options R Detail Pics...

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Reason I ask and believe me I'm willing to suffer the pain - I may be moving to a much hotter area (TX) then where I am located currently (PAC NW) I plan on tracking my car, taking to shows and long joyous drives, not daily driving.
You're going to hate the car in Texas in the summer without A/C. June to August will be heatstroke inducing, and May and September still hot enough for you to soak into those Recaros.

Where in Texas? North Texas is only the 6th level of hell in summer. Southeast Texas would be uninhabited if not for a/c.
Sponsored

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
I would have ordered my R without the Electronics Package if I didn't like in Texas. As it is I want to keep the A/C but remove the head unit and speakers.

Apparently one can order the "R" head unit delete plate but to do so you have to have a base R VIN for the Ford parts guy. Anybody non-Electronics Package R owner care to share their VIN with me!?
This was posted on this forum, from a lucky unicorn owner. I believe he had the elec pack.

What do you plan to do with that plate?
33f75399d5ad25c3ec17cd777d8bf7d0.jpg

2000mcr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I would have ordered my R without the Electronics Package if I didn't like in Texas. As it is I want to keep the A/C but remove the head unit and speakers.

Apparently one can order the "R" head unit delete plate but to do so you have to have a base R VIN for the Ford parts guy. Anybody non-Electronics Package R owner care to share their VIN with me!?

1FATP8JZ3G5524573

This VIN is from a Base GT350R that is listed on Ebay.

oldmachguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I told my wife I wanted to order my R without heat and air and she said she would never ride with me if I did that. Hmmmm....

I thought I better keep the peace and ordered with the "E" Pkg.
Me to. I live in Dallas, and seriously considered the bare R model. My wife is way supportive, but drew the line on that one, since she wants to ride in the car.

Goofball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 R
I couldn't be happier with my electronics package. Why not have the best of both worlds!?
Sponsored