Sponsored

No Choice in Color or Options

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
More than 1 dealer has stated that they are receiving cars and that they had no choice in selecting color nor options. I'm calling BS but, wanted to see if anyone else has heard this or has any knowledge of this phenomenon.
Sponsored

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
That's BS. Those are dealers looking to take bids on the car until selling to the highest. They can control what they thing will draw the most demand.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
More than 1 dealer has stated that they are receiving cars and that they had no choice in selecting color nor options. I'm calling BS but, wanted to see if anyone else has heard this or has any knowledge of this phenomenon.
Well if it's a 2015 model, then yes it is highly possible via luck/lottery system. That's how my dealer got their single one... good thing it's like what I spec'd out. :)

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
It could also mean they had to place their order and it got locked in and/or they just don't want to deal with changing things around to ensure they get the car as soon as possible so they can sell it and make some moola.

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
In theory it could happen (it has with other makes including Corvette)....some Zone reps may want to control the market a bit and spread various colors and options out among the zones so that every dealer doesn't stock the same color and kill that market...odds are if it happens it will be to smaller dealers who barely qualified to be in the program...

The real answer would be in the agreement the dealerships signed with Ford..they get their 1 car a year..does it allow Ford to control the make up of the car?

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
As a dealer, I do all of our new vehicle ordering. I get complete control of the colors/options on our GT350's. The only time that control is relinquished is when Ford says it's time to schedule your GT350 and a dealer does not put an order in the system. At that point, Ford will select for the dealer (it's called an AFO - automatic fulfillment order). I never have AFO's for any vehicles because I stay on top of ordering my inventory every week very religiously. Lots of lazy dealers out there, though, who don't stay on top of their ordering!

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Well if it's a 2015 model, then yes it is highly possible via luck/lottery system. That's how my dealer got their single one... good thing it's like what I spec'd out. :)
Still got to pick the colors on those though right?

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
As a dealer, I do all of our new vehicle ordering. I get complete control of the colors/options on our GT350's. The only time that control is relinquished is when Ford says it's time to schedule your GT350 and a dealer does not put an order in the system. At that point, Ford will select for the dealer (it's called an AFO - automatic fulfillment order). I never have AFO's for any vehicles because I stay on top of ordering my inventory every week very religiously. Lots of lazy dealers out there, though, who don't stay on top of their ordering!
I have a question. My dealer ordered my car as a Order Type 2, dealer stock order claiming that the factory will build them before Order Type 1, customer orders because Ford wants to get the dealer stock cars out to the showrooms sooner. Is there any truth to this?

Thanks.

fordpod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cadillac
Interesting info Brian. What dealership do you own?
Sponsored