Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I think people are pre-occupied these days. especially with electronics in the cars. Covid has gotten people's heads messed up too. I hate to say it but the waive/acknowledgement might be a thing of the past or at least more rare these days. I have a guy with his young son in the car pull up next to me in an absolutely gorgeous 2014 Black Mustang Gt. I was driving my Mazda CX-5. I looked at the kid and nodded and gave the father a thumbs up. They both smiled and acknowledged. I could tell he was an enthusiast vs the guy who buys the old beat up mustang at the used car lot and drives it (an maintains it) like it's an old toyota corolla or buick sedan.
I'm usually too busy concentrating on driving my shelby and staying away from anything potentially dangerous to be spying for other mustang owners.
I did have a funny thin happen the other day. Was driving my daughters boyfriend home in the shelby and turned the corner to his house. Three boys around 8-10 years old were standing right at the corner, all three of their mouths dropped open and they just froze... then one of them salutes me while I pass by. Made my day.....
There is a very long previous thread on Stories of Compliments and breaking necks..
Maybe we need to revive that.
Sponsored

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
I always friendly-wave Mustangs. Reckon it might infect them with Mustang Appreciation Syndrome, if they're not already under the influence. The way traffic is these days, I don't often get to see if there is—or is not—a response.

Like Sunday: I'm all top down smiling as I leave my residential street to join the access route at the corner, when I spy my car about to cross my bow. Quick overhead wave, we are parted, but for my part, the smile was even wider than before.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
How come Mustangers Dont wave to each other, I try all the time with no luck.
Because that's a Jeep thing.

When other Mustangers see another Mustanger, Mustanger 1 approaches Mustanger 2 and proceeds to rev their engine beyond redline as the valves chatter AND/OR will bumper ride, antagonize by roll racing OR try to race at every stoplight.

Mustanger 2 ignores Mustanger 1 because you know, being a Mustang driver themselves, it's not impressive, its a dick move to bumper ride to show off and it's not like we don't know what a Mustang sounds like at full rev... or how it reacts from a drag induced launch from a stoplight. Some just aren't going to risk their ass for a street race or exhibition of speed ticket to jack up Ins. rates just to be like "hey, look at me, I have the same car" mentality. For some Mustang Enthusiasts, that type of approach is kind of like a "whoop-dee-doo" factor where there's just no need to respond...

I've seen other Mustang Enthusiasts in my area in passing flash headlights and I'll respond back in same manner.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
How come Mustangers Dont wave to each other, I try all the time with no luck.
Because fuck you, that's why.

Just kidding, I wave. Or do a thumbs up.

Are you old, with failing eyes?

jimroth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Convertible 401A P8F Rapid Red
I've only had my convertible for a short time and had a lot of people wave or thumbs-up, esp. other convertible owners. I was surprised.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I've only had my convertible for a short time and had a lot of people wave or thumbs-up, esp. other convertible owners. I was surprised.
I do look down my nose at other convertible drivers who have the top up though. Especially if it is nice out!

jimroth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Convertible 401A P8F Rapid Red
I do look down my nose at other convertible drivers who have the top up though. Especially if it is nice out!
I understand it in Miami in August, but if it's nice out, cmon, what did you buy that for?

Bruiser2017

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS Convertible
I learned the Corvette wave when I had them and I just carried the wave (or headlight flash) over to Mustangs now that I have one.

A blurp of the throttle sounds like a challenge to me which I usually just ignore. Sometimes they get a wave of a different type :)

-Bob

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Because you would have carpal tunnel from waving at the 14,657 others you would see driving to work.
Sponsored