Sponsored

No Hood Pony on '18+?

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Removed my hood liner today on my 2018 GT and was disappointed to find the pony logo isn't there. Lame...
IMG_20190518_150400.jpg
Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Leaving it off.
Just be aware (and this is a suggestion, not trying to be bossy)….that in the heat of the sun, that piece also helps keep heat from soaking under the hood, it works as insulation both ways. If that matters to ya. I personally, would never run mine without it, but in the scheme of things, its a personal decision with no right or wrong way to it. I do happen to think it looks better off in your pics...

OP
OP
EVL-S550

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just be aware (and this is a suggestion, not trying to be bossy)….that in the heat of the sun, that piece also helps keep heat from soaking under the hood, it works as insulation both ways. If that matters to ya. I personally, would never run mine without it, but in the scheme of things, its a personal decision with no right or wrong way to it. I do happen to think it looks better off in your pics...
I'll watch my IAT's. I don't run the car that much. It's mostly tucked in my garage except for nice days/weather.

Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I'll watch my IAT's. I don't run the car that much. It's mostly tucked in my garage except for nice days/weather.
I'm guessing it won't heatsoak enough to matter. The biggest way to prevent heatsoak in our cars is swapping out the OE upper and lower grills. I dropped heatsoak in half by switching to the RTR upper, kept the OE bottom. Went from 25 to 30 degrees of average heatsoak at a 1 minute long stop light on an 80+ degree day to roughly 12 to 15. Car recovers so much quicker (IAT's) from heatsoak once you get moving now too....seconds compared to minutes before. That stock upper grill really keeps the hot air under the hood while idling stationary.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Its a fire blanket too.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
If you have an engine fire, you really want it to burn to the ground.

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I recall taking that insulator off my 65 gto.it at
Affected my hood paint,made it fade badly.heres a comment made on another forum

At times engine compartment heat is so high that it could slowely rip of the paint from its undercoat and upper coat. Just to prevent this quite a few cars have hood insulators to trap the heat and reduce the heat flow to the hood metal parts. Foam, a few other thermosetting plastic or high temp discharge rubber will be used for this purpose.

I know my Shelby got really hot in engine compartment.but don't know about mustang gt.FYI

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
The cover also is more aero... and at speeds or when wet cools the engine bay...

fyi..

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Removed my hood liner today on my 2018 GT and was disappointed to find the pony logo isn't there. Lame...
IMG_20190518_150400.jpg
I heard they had deleted them on the euro mustangs.
Sponsored