Sponsored

No driving a manual does not make you smarter, more skilled, a better driver or more of a car guy.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Seeing as driving a stick is a skill in itself I'd say you're 100% wrong
think you may be missing my point. so you are saying if you drive a manual that in and of itself makes you a good driver? Because my point is that because you drive a manual does not make you a good driver. but according to manual drivers if you drive a manual then you are 100% all a good driver? so you are saying 100% if you drive a manual you are a good driver? so all those cars and coffee videos are auto drivers? cause by your logic if you drive a manual there s no way you could possible be a bad driver? which is my point that I'm tired of hearing that manual drivers are superior drivers. there is you tube videos against that theory and Im sure the car insurance industry would also beg to differ with you LOL. matter of fact just had a buddy total his car in a ditch and he was ... shock ... driving a manual... so back to my point. just because you drive a manual that does not make you a better driver. or any sort of superior car guy.

also I find it funny those who go on about how they drive a manual and they are so great.... then later I hear the conversation how when they totaled their 3rd car..... yeah
Sponsored

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’ve never owned an auto, but I don’t live in heavily congested areas. Even in traffic I never honestly get annoyed. That’s what music’s for. Relaxation
I’ve driven a manual in incredibly high-traffic cities and it’s never bothered me. Stop-and-go on the highway to do a 20 mile commute in an hour in Austin, TX for instance. It’s all state of mind (but I honestly don’t blame anyone for choosing auto because they don’t want to mess with a manual in traffic).

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve driven a manual in incredibly high-traffic cities and it’s never bothered me. Stop-and-go on the highway to do a 20 mile commute in an hour in Austin, TX for instance. It’s all state of mind (but I honestly don’t blame anyone for choosing auto because they don’t want to mess with a manual in traffic).
I mean, if I had a bag leg, or knee, I get it. id get whatever benefitted me. I applaud people with no legs and stuff, who use like 3 wheelers and all that. you use what you can, but til I can't shift due to some reason its just what I like, but those same people enjoy automatics too.

fact is, autos are always going to be faster here on out. but having a manual, is also a theft proof now a days for possible carjackings or gf's. none of them want to try to drive my car, and im not teaching them.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
6 speed manuals ...childs play.
Let's see how you do on a 12 speed, or better yet a 18 speed.
Try that up and down all day.
If you can row the gears up and down on these, then yes you are more skilled

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
6 speed manuals ...childs play.
Let's see how you do on a 12 speed, or better yet a 18 speed. Try that up and down all day.
If you can row the gears up and down on these, then yes you are more skillec
Don’t semis have a lot more gears like that? I’ve seen YouTube videos, like they switch into a whole new gear set while moving. Doubling their gears or moar

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
For my daily driver I want an auto, for fun driving I want the manual. I do think you have more control with the manual, as you can choose your gear, lightly slip the clutch if needed to maintain or gain traction. Between growing up driving manual's and racing motocross in my youth, I did learn that a clutch allows for a lot of control.

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
I brought a manual because I wanted to drive it not have the car drive me. Its a preference either deal with it or stop going to car shows :)

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
I brought a manual because I wanted to drive it not have the car drive me. Its a preference either deal with it or stop going to car shows :)
Exactly. But people say the same about autos are not shown the same respect. They are talked down too.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I got a manual because it's more fun to drive. I get a kick out of guys always thinking that I can't drive a manual until I hand them their little D while their gf is in the car with them.

Sponsored

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
think you may be missing my point. so you are saying if you drive a manual that in and of itself makes you a good driver? Because my point is that because you drive a manual does not make you a good driver. but according to manual drivers if you drive a manual then you are 100% all a good driver? so you are saying 100% if you drive a manual you are a good driver? so all those cars and coffee videos are auto drivers? cause by your logic if you drive a manual there s no way you could possible be a bad driver? which is my point that I'm tired of hearing that manual drivers are superior drivers. there is you tube videos against that theory and Im sure the car insurance industry would also beg to differ with you LOL. matter of fact just had a buddy total his car in a ditch and he was ... shock ... driving a manual... so back to my point. just because you drive a manual that does not make you a better driver. or any sort of superior car guy.

also I find it funny those who go on about how they drive a manual and they are so great.... then later I hear the conversation how when they totaled their 3rd car..... yeah
No, I'm saying that driving a manual is a skill in itself so therefore comparing a driver who can and can't, which one do you think is the better driver?

The one who zones out driving down the road in the auto or the one who has to actually engage with the vehicle by changing gears.

I'd wager to say that there are FAR more accidents due to distractions in autos than manuals for very obvious reasons.

But do whatever you want, I can assure that 99% don't give a shit you drive an auto or not so not sure why you are so up in arms about it. I drive a manual because it's more enjoyable to me, that's all I care about. I couldn't care less if people think it's dumb or whatever other opinion they have.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Sometimes I wish I bought a manual just so no one could steal it....

I think my wife would like my car more if it was a manual though. First girl I dated that could drive a stick hard so I had to marry her :p

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Jesus Im so tired of hearing this crap at every flippin car meet. Like driving a manual makes you a superior being. I can promise your clutch does not support your argument on that.
? Inferiority complex ?

LMAO

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
? Inferiority complex ?

LMAO
um no lol. I can drive a manual as well if not better then most been doing it 30 years. hated the smug superior BS even when I drove a manual. Every time someone opens their mouth about they drive a manual all I here is Thurston Howell the third from Gilligan's island. and it seems they are always talking down to others. and bragging how great they are. while holding their wine and iPhone cause you know they are a better class of people. LOL

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
and why do people always spout the anti theft deterrent? um anyone interested in your car is gonna know how to drive a manual. they are probably eyeing it for that very reason.
Sponsored