Sponsored

No Clue Shift

BTR75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (FJG)
Is No Lift Shift for all Mach 1's or only the HP versions?
Sponsored

SemperFi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 m0303
Is No Lift Shift for all Mach 1's or only the HP versions?
Well, I don't think it is for Automatics...but who would buy one of those anyways...it's like getting recaros if you are fat. :)

OP
OP
hbash

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Well, I don't think it is for Automatics...but who would buy one of those anyways...it's like getting recaros if you are fat. :)
Don’t be surprised if the auto brigade attacks. Lol

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Don't be surprised if people get offended when their personal choices get questioned or frowned upon by purists. Obviously automatic transmission doesn't need no lift shift.

Sponsored

SemperFi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 m0303
Don't be surprised if people get offended when their personal choices get questioned or frowned upon by purists. Obviously automatic transmission doesn't need no lift shift.
So, what you are saying then, according to the original thinking is...Automatics aren't Mach 1's? I don't know if I would go THAT far, but...to each her own.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure what your goal is with this, but I'm resilient to trolling or flaming. I congratulate you on your purchase and choice of transmission and don't mind either way you go because it's irrelevant to me and my choice which I'm happy with :like: If I had GT500 I would get Mach 1 in manual too as second Mustang, but don't have enough food to feed all the horses 😁 Decisions decisions...

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
Coming back to the no-clue-shift. I was trying to find out the original source where I heard my original info (>5000 RPM, >50% Throttle, Track mode), but did not find it. I believe it was some of many YT videos :(.

I have however found two mentions about >5000 RPM conditions:
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1128317_2021-ford-mustang-mach-1-price-specs-review-photos-info
No-lift shifting is something to behold. With the engine charging hard over 5,000 rpm and the throttle pushed down at least 90%, you clutch in, keep the throttle pinned, and shift gears.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/125670016/road-test-review-ford-mustang-mach-1
It seems to only work at above roughly 5000rpm, and it's as simple as flooring the throttle, kicking the clutch in (right foot still buried in the carpet) and changing gears.

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
This is equivalent to me asking what all the different lines are on a sewing machine.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
By wide open, do you mean accelerator punned to the floor?
I think you would be well served starting in the lower RPM ranges.. To get the hang of it.

No lift means holding rpm, clutch (quickly) in shift, slide foot off clutch. I kind of doubt the stock shifter is going to make that very easy.

The idea is to maintain an RPM, get to the next gear, before the RPM increases. Next gear up adds the speed . It is AKA speed shift/power shift .

Drag race application .
Sponsored