nGauge Vent Install - AC Plug

bjf102

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Going to be installing my nGauge soon and wanted to know what material/method people used to block off the AC vent behind it to prevent any air or condensation from building up behind it. If you have pictures that would be great. Thanks!
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Going to be installing my nGauge soon and wanted to know what material/method people used to block off the AC vent behind it to prevent any air or condensation from building up behind it. If you have pictures that would be great. Thanks!
Here is the mount that I use for my nGauge.As you can see, it’s slotted to allow air from the vent to pass through, so the gauge can breathe.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/joleobee-ngauge-mount-for-2015-mustangs.html

OP
OP

bjf102

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benjamin
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Is this holding up fine, any issues with it ? I'm looking to get this because my windshield mount constantly detaches due to poor suction. Also, I feel this looks much cleaner
Yes, the vent mount is holding up perfectly with no issues at all.

I know what you mean about the suction cup mounts. I have one for my nitrous controller that had lost its long term gripping ability over the last 3 1/2 years (would fall off occasionally). I cleaned the suction cup with alcohol and then used a heat gun on it to restore its grip. I just did this a few days ago and it fits nice and tight once again.

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
Yes, the vent mount is holding up perfectly with no issues at all.

I know what you mean about the suction cup mounts. I have one for my nitrous controller that had lost its long term gripping ability over the last 3 1/2 years (would fall off occasionally). I cleaned the suction cup with alcohol and then used a heat gun on it to restore its grip. I just did this a few days ago and it fits nice and tight once again.
Thanks so much, I pulled the trigger on this !

Also forgot to ask, you have no condensation issues right ? Did you block the vent with some material ?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks so much, I pulled the trigger on this !

Also forgot to ask, you have no condensation issues right ? Did you block the vent with some material ?
You’re welcome. I don’t have any condensation issues and I did not block the vent. The vent holes in the mount prevent this. I do split the air between floor and dash, so maybe this helps keep condensation at bay.

1709398251071.jpeg

Last edited:

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Great stuff, I’ll probably pull the trigger on this too.

A couple questions:

1. Do I need to pull the dash cover off?(to route the cord)
2. How is the A/C function after install?

TIA!

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Great stuff, I’ll probably pull the trigger on this too.

A couple questions:

1. Do I need to pull the dash cover off?(to route the cord)
2. How is the A/C function after install?

TIA!
Yes, the dash trim will need to be pulled off to remove the vent and route the cord for a clean install.

Pro Tip: Tape up the nGauge cord before routing it underneath the dash and up through the vent, so that the locking tab doesn’t get snagged on something and break. I just used blue painter’s tape that I had, so that it would be easy to remove. I carefully bundled up the excess cord and zip tied it underneath the dash.

A/C works perfectly!

Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
You’re welcome. I don’t have any condensation issues and I did not block the vent. The vent holes in the mount prevent this. I do split the air between floor and dash, so maybe this helps keep condensation at bay.

1709398251071.jpeg
based on this pic it looks like you aren't using the magnetic one by Joleobee ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174972912504

It looks more this one from joshuaahoffman

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2547613127...aSZhkjmAFAyWfoBiVF2etR7J__KZrLehoCShcQAvD_BwE

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
based on this pic it looks like you aren't using the magnetic one by Joleobee ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174972912504

It looks more this one from joshuaahoffman

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2547613127...aSZhkjmAFAyWfoBiVF2etR7J__KZrLehoCShcQAvD_BwE
I initially had the magnetic one from Joleobee in the car for about 2 years. While it was convenient to pull the nGsuge when needed, it had two shortcomings that I didn’t like about it.

1. The silicone bumper pads that helped it fit tight into the vent opening in the dash began to lose their adhesion and fall off. I replaced them with new ones that I picked up from the hardware store. In addition, the mount would loosen up to where I could shake it with my hand, although it still stayed put in the dash (this occurred when running the A/C).

2. The adhesive for the magnet let go one day and I never found the magnet, so I switched to the current mount that does not have the magnet.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Here is the one from Joleobee. I marked the photo with a yellow arrow to show one of the three silicone pads that help if fit tight in the dash. The vents in this mount are also a lot larger (elongated) to allow even more air flow.

1709402582636.jpeg

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Yes, the dash trim will need to be pulled off to remove the vent and route the cord for a clean install.

Pro Tip: Tape up the nGauge cord before routing it underneath the dash and up through the vent, so that the locking tab doesn’t get snagged on something and break. I just used blue painter’s tape that I had, so that it would be easy to remove. I carefully bundled up the excess cord and zip tied it underneath the dash.

A/C works perfectly!
Excellent, thank you!
Sponsored