Sponsored

How to disable SYNC3 speed restricted functions

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Here's the Forscan APIM setting on a 2020 F150 with Sync 3. I've not tried it, yet:

7D0-02-015753xxxxxxxxAllows NAV in motion on Sync 3 v2.2-3.0, viewing text messages & Sirius Travel Link still works. ** 911 assist will be disabled with this enabled **Speed limit sign will look European and FM radio stations will have and extra number like 102.70 instead of 102.7

I like the Naviks idea but I'd like to see a quick install guide first before buying one. I hate tearing into the dash too deeply.
Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Here's the Forscan APIM setting on a 2020 F150 with Sync 3. I've not tried it, yet:

7D0-02-015753xxxxxxxxAllows NAV in motion on Sync 3 v2.2-3.0, viewing text messages & Sirius Travel Link still works. ** 911 assist will be disabled with this enabled **Speed limit sign will look European and FM radio stations will have and extra number like 102.70 instead of 102.7

I like the Naviks idea but I'd like to see a quick install guide first before buying one. I hate tearing into the dash too deeply.
I don't know how to read this. What would I change?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The Naviks allows all inputs while moving.
It'd be nice to know exactly how it works... and most importantly, what it affects. The only way to allow inputs while moving would be to fool the ECU that the car is not moving (speed=0). That could affect cruise control, fuel mileage info, and who knows what else (engine sensors, etc).

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Don't know these are set up, my 05 vette had a speed sensor wire to the navigation unit, put a push button switch inline. Unit then thought vehicle was stopped.

JJSSI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP w/Handling Package, 2004 Boxster S, 2013 Jeep JK,
Vehicle Showcase
It'd be nice to know exactly how it works... and most importantly, what it affects. The only way to allow inputs while moving would be to fool the ECU that the car is not moving (speed=0). That could affect cruise control, fuel mileage info, and who knows what else (engine sensors, etc).
On my Honda Ridgeline everything works normally using the Naviks.. I may go ahead and get one for the Mustang if I start using it for trips (now that I am vaccinated!).

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know how to read this. What would I change?
step 1 - read the big-ass Sticky thread(s) about ForScan.

replace whatever is in the 4 digit sequence (write it down!!) with 5753. Don't touch anything else.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
step 1 - read the big-ass Sticky thread(s) about ForScan.

replace whatever is in the 4 digit sequence (write it down!!) with 5753. Don't touch anything else.
Thanks!

Err....where do I find the sticky?

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The European version of Sync 3 has no motion-locked features, at least as far as I can tell. So, unlocking yours could be just a matter of convincing the APIM that it's European - maybe the ForScan setting posted above does just that.
However, some people here seem to complain about scrolling through playlists and messages while using CarPlay. In this case I'm pretty sure the limitation is imposed by Apple, not Ford, and it's implemented in iOS, not in Sync.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The European version of Sync 3 has no motion-locked features, at least as far as I can tell. So, unlocking yours could be just a matter of convincing the APIM that it's European - maybe the ForScan setting posted above does just that.
However, some people here seem to complain about scrolling through playlists and messages while using CarPlay. In this case I'm pretty sure the limitation is imposed by Apple, not Ford, and it's implemented in iOS, not in Sync.
Probably because Apple doesn’t want to get sued by someone who got hit head on by some idiot who was to busy changing their playlist instead of looking where they were going. :facepalm: :headbang:

Sponsored

lokerola

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Probably because Apple doesn’t want to get sued by someone who got hit head on by some idiot who was to busy changing their playlist instead of looking where they were going. :facepalm: :headbang:
Then why let us have a bunch of apps at all? Wouldn't it better to not have CarPlay at all? What about old FM radios with a bunch or presets? Why give us control over anything....hvac controls, shifting manual transmissions, etc? It's a slippery slope of giving people control and cars have always had multiple ways of distracting any driver, if they're not paying attention.

I guess my point is that giving people partial control of the vehicle controls, depending on whether the car is moving or not, to me, is bad design and leads to more frustration and to drivers trying to find a way around those controls - in effect making the whole process more costly and/or more dangerous than it would have been if they had just let the users have full control over the car.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Then why let us have a bunch of apps at all? Wouldn't it better to not have CarPlay at all? What about old FM radios with a bunch or presets? Why give us control over anything....hvac controls, shifting manual transmissions, etc? It's a slippery slope of giving people control and cars have always had multiple ways of distracting any driver, if they're not paying attention.

I guess my point is that giving people partial control of the vehicle controls, depending on whether the car is moving or not, to me, is bad design and leads to more frustration and to drivers trying to find a way around those controls - in effect making the whole process more costly and/or more dangerous than it would have been if they had just let the users have full control over the car.
OK, so your point is you would rather not have nothing at all instead of something useful that you could only access 80% of while your moving. Read that a few times over and see if there is any logic in that at all.

I’m sorry but your argument that full access would actually be safer than partial access is as I said earlier ridiculous. Safety is what is most important. If that inconveniences you, well tough.

Really not trying to be a hard ass here. It just seems that a number of you folks need to get you priorities straight. I too would prefer not to have the limitations but fully understand why we do.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Of course. I don't blame Apple. I'd probably do the same if I were in their shoes. I blame the fucked up justice system.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So, unlocking yours could be just a matter of convincing the APIM that it's European - maybe the ForScan setting posted above does just that.
That's exactly what it is. The 5753 code is for the EU (European Union). But it has drawbacks, like no automatic 911 calling (with airbag deployment), nav changes, etc. I tried it, but was annoying, so switched back to stock.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
That's exactly what it is. The 5753 code is for the EU (European Union). But it has drawbacks, like no automatic 911 calling (with airbag deployment), nav changes, etc. I tried it, but was annoying, so switched back to stock.
What made it annoying?
Sponsored