kcough3839

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 5.0
Mine is a 2018 GT Premium 10 speed.

I notice it's slow to engage in to Drive from Park or Reverse and a noticeable clunk sound as it gets in to drive or Reverse.
I'm at just under 2500 miles.

Is this a problem, "normal" according to Ford or actually normal?

Also, unrelated, is it ok to run long distances with the exhaust set at Sport or Track? Not necessarily Sport or track mode but just exhaust setting?

Thanks in advance for any help or insight!
Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
yes all normal, the transmission issues is fixed with a tune update.. i think i saw someone do a battery reset to fix theirs but i think Ford has a tune update for the transmission.

you can run in sport, track all you want

OP
OP
kcough3839

kcough3839

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 5.0
Thanks!
My issue now is the VERY hard downshift in to 4th if you're slowing down quickly.
It's not an always thing but when it happens it just seems like a "this can't be normal and it's got to be hard on the auto trans" moment each time.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Thanks!
My issue now is the VERY hard downshift in to 4th if you're slowing down quickly.
It's not an always thing but when it happens it just seems like a "this can't be normal and it's got to be hard on the auto trans" moment each time.
still a tune update, either dealer for reflash or aftermarket tune

TinMannequin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I brought mine to the dealership last week for this exact issue and the tech said he couldn’t duplicate the problem but this was normal for this transmission. I wanted them to reflash the transmission but they wouldn’t do it. I’m going to bring it to a different dealer and have them look at it. My transmission didn’t act all funny when I first got. It was smooth as butter for the first few thousand miles.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
My transmission didn’t act all funny when I first got. It was smooth as butter for the first few thousand miles.
For that you might want to do a KAM reset every few thousand then. The car might be struggling to learn what you want if you drive two different ways, sometimes I'll go easy on mine when there's lots of traffic, but otherwise I'm enjoying myself. If I'm doing something in between, things feel funny.

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
Mine was acting up too, turns out it was 2 qts low on fluid from the factory...

TinMannequin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
My problem seems to be from a bad valve body. The second dealership I brought my car to actually had a transmission tech who was able to diagnose what was wrong. I saw in a different post that a few others have had their valve body replaced as well. I get my car back in a few days and hopefully it will be fixed.

TinMannequin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Wanted to give you guys an update. I got my car back from the dealership and they were able to fix my transmission and find the cause of the lurching into drive and harsh shifts.

nYU67au.jpg
Sponsored