New Year, New Mods?

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Lots of car specific cuts. Will have a hunt around. Knowing my luck, the stuff I like will only be available in the US :headbonk:
I’ve got some chicken wire left over from down the field:D:D:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Lots of car specific cuts. Will have a hunt around. Knowing my luck, the stuff I like will only be available in the US :headbonk:
you just want a sheet of it, and cut it to size.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Talk to me about the custom grilles! This is something I am interested in...

Stock grilles with the honeycomb cut out? Which mesh - got a link? Spacecityspy badges?
Badges (Coyote) from https://www.mfautodesigns.com, stock (US GT) upper and lower grilles from Guy (Nemesis) and mesh from Amazon.co.uk (although ignore what's going on with the price of this item, currently showing at £255.00 :eyebulge: and going up every day... but when I bought it was only £18.32 - one of those weird Amazon things).

Intention is to cut the honeycomb from the grill surrounds (from round the sides rather than just removing the honeycomb 'insert') and affix mesh as Manders has mentioned.

I do agree with [MENTION=14613]SteveS[/MENTION] regarding the grille material not being tat, and while the (diamond) stuff I've got looks really good in the flesh, I'm still on the lookout for exactly the type of stuff you've shown in your pic (hexagonal) as a preference.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Badges (Coyote) from https://www.mfautodesigns.com, stock (US GT) upper and lower grilles from Guy (Nemesis) and mesh from Amazon.co.uk (although ignore what's going on with the price of this item, currently showing at £255.00 :eyebulge: and going up every day... but when I bought it was only £18.32 - one of those weird Amazon things).

Intention is to cut the honeycomb from the grill surrounds (from round the sides rather than just removing the honeycomb 'insert') and affix mesh as Manders has mentioned.

I do agree with [MENTION=14613]SteveS[/MENTION] regarding the grille material not being tat, and while the (diamond) stuff I've got looks really good in the flesh, I'm still on the lookout for exactly the type of stuff you've shown in your pic (hexagonal) as a preference.
Sounds good...I'll let you know if I stumble across anything decent :) I've seen one other really cool design - almost like a brickwork pattern but pill shapes rather than rectangles - if that makes sense!

EDIT: I believe the second one down in this link is the stuff used in that pic I posted earlier; https://www.customcargrills.com/Plastic-Grill-Mesh.asp

Sponsored

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Sounds good...I'll let you know if I stumble across anything decent :) I've seen one other really cool design - almost like a brickwork pattern but pill shapes rather than rectangles - if that makes sense!
Likewise... if/when I find something the same or close to what you've pictured, I'll let you know :thumbsup: !

Edit... I did get advised to check out air-conditioning machinery manufacturers and the like... and there is a tenuous connection there, so might give that a go!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

EDIT: I believe the second one down in this link is the stuff used in that pic I posted earlier; https://www.customcargrills.com/Plastic-Grill-Mesh.asp
second one down, rotate it, sorted, just may need a wider mesh. But, yeah as long as you find something you like, it's an easy mod to do. I've toyed with doing it on mine, but i just can't be arsed lol :lol:

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Says the guy who's done more mods that everyone on this forum put together ;)
True lol.:lol:

It's more effort that i can't be arsed with, it's not quite an "indoors" kind of job, and too cold at the minute.

Sponsored

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
True lol.:lol:

It's more effort that i can't be arsed with, it's not quite an "indoors" kind of job, and too cold at the minute.
Pah... lightweight :ninja: !!!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Pah... lightweight :ninja: !!!
After the amount of times i've worked through the night on the car, i'll let myself off on this one :lol::lol:
Sponsored