Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Happy New Year to everyone.
My Mustang journey started in Nov 2014 when i first ordered my GT.It was one of the first delivered and i loved it with a passion.I then sold it for the New facelift which i have had for 9 months but for the first time ever I've started looking for a change(I'm not pissed or have a hangover)As yet there is nothing wrong with my car & I dont know if its boredom or a nagging feeling about engine ticks,leaks etc and other problems that some of you have been experiencing .I have the recall battery wiring thing yet to deal with but I've got this feeling to move on.It maybe just a passing phase,but i think if i get to first service and my engine starts ticking after i will definitely trade it in.(seems to be lots of problems with this)Not sure what else to get as i still want performance but i dont want to spend that much more. I'm not a German car fan and believe me i still love Mustang.I dont want to make a mistake,because once its gone there's no way back!
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Happy New Year to everyone.
My Mustang journey started in Nov 2014 when i first ordered my GT.It was one of the first delivered and i loved it with a passion.I then sold it for the New facelift which i have had for 9 months but for the first time ever I've started looking for a change(I'm not pissed or have a hangover)As yet there is nothing wrong with my car & I dont know if its boredom or a nagging feeling about engine ticks,leaks etc and other problems that some of you have been experiencing .I have the recall battery wiring thing yet to deal with but I've got this feeling to move on.It maybe just a passing phase,but i think if i get to first service and my engine starts ticking after i will definitely trade it in.(seems to be lots of problems with this)Not sure what else to get as i still want performance but i dont want to spend that much more. I'm not a German car fan and believe me i still love Mustang.I dont want to make a mistake,because once its gone there's no way back!
Sorry to hear you are thinking of changing the Mustang, I think people are making the tick on a Mustang worse than it is, as everyone talking about it and I swear half of them don’t even own a 18-19, with MY19 I am not even going to not worry about it and just enjoy every minute In it, if it ever happens sort it out then, by the way don’t know if you have seen cj pony video on it
I didn’t even know it’s been around since 2011 on the Mustang, so never even worried about it on my 15-17 Mustang, so I am not going to start now with MY19 and if weren’t on the Forum you probably would of never heard about it

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
An F150 pickup or the new Corvette C8 maybe as alternatives?
I wouldn't worry about the faults, as they are unlikely and you're covered by warranty for 5 years (assuming took 5 year upgrade)

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ive read quite a bit on it and not having sleepless nights yet lol.I suppose I'm pissed off with Ford,my 15 had a very slight tick,then the dash came out for wiring loom fault.Others have had wet carpets,oil coolers and AC failures but have remained loyal.The truth is,the upgraded engine has this tick,or piston slap bore wear, excessive clearences whatever it is.If you shift hard the clutch/flywheel and shift forks dont like it.I dont drive it hard, but suppose i want to!!
I'm disappointed for a 45 grand car,they still can't get the loom right hence recall and i know of 1 car built the same week as mine where you have to wear wellies to drive it.It seems like the same faults repeating themselves.IF i do change it,it won't be for another Ford.

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Remember there are more posts on forums from people reporting issues with their cars than posts from people reporting that they’ve had another fault free fun day...it’s the nature of motoring forums and all specific model car forums are the same. We have an Range Rover Evoque for example and if I took the time to read their owner forum regularly I’d be scared to death to own one. And Range Rover customer service is nearly as shit and twice as expensive. BMW customer service is worse...

I love the mustang even though ownership has been nothing like perfect. It spent weeks off road having the gearbox stripped and rebuilt for example but the Evoque hasn’t been without faults either. Whenever I park it he mustang I can’t help but look back as I walk away. If you still feel like that yourself then stick with it .... you’re still hooked :)

And I think you’d need to spend a hell of a lot more than 45k to get something with the same curb appeal ...

Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
And don’t forget every car manufacturer has issues, not just Fords, engine problems and water leaks are more common than you think. It’s just ones on Forums which get blown all out of proportion that makes people scared about them!

Ford get it worst but that’s because there’s more Fords on the roads than any other brand!

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I hear ya Ted, i can’t lie and say that my water issue didn’t put me off in a big way.

BUT, for all its flaws, i still genuinely can’t think of a more exciting car to own right now. There are cars out there that will tick a lot of boxes for sure, i’m a huge fan of the f-types, which i’m willing to bet are a lot more refined and built much better than the fords are. Would an f-type make my heart melt in the same way the Mustang does? I doubt it very much! Would it bring the same ownership experiece? Again, i think not...

Think strongly about what it is you want would be my advice, as you say, there may be no going back! As has been said a hundred times before, the decision to own a mustang is one of the heart rather than the head. It may not be perfect in every way, but is it not these imperfections that make it perfect? To me, i think thats true.

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I hear ya Ted, i can’t lie and say that my water issue didn’t put me off in a big way.

BUT, for all its flaws, i still genuinely can’t think of a more exciting car to own right now. There are cars out there that will tick a lot of boxes for sure, i’m a huge fan of the f-types, which i’m willing to bet are a lot more refined and built much better than the fords are. Would an f-type make my heart melt in the same way the Mustang does? I doubt it very much! Would it bring the same ownership experiece? Again, i think not...

Think strongly about what it is you want would be my advice, as you say, there may be no going back! As has been said a hundred times before, the decision to own a mustang is one of the heart rather than the head. It may not be perfect in every way, but is it not these imperfections that make it perfect? To me, i think thats true.
Yes you certainly went through alot with that leak and would have put most people off. What you say is true.Everytime i park it i look back and love it.Not many cars out there give you a thrill for the money.
I appreciate what others have said,loads of people don't have issues,touch wood i dont at the mo.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
If the rain still gets into my 18 after it's fixed then it will be time to sell. Which would be a shame as the car has character in spades. If it is still leaky then I'll just replace it with a VW Golf R Estate car. In a boring colour.

Please fix it properly Evans Halshaw Preston.
Didn't realise you also had an issue John? Have Ford said what/where the issue is?

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not a word yet. Took her in just before Christmas. Driver's side carpets soaked with rain. If they fix it that will be great, if they don't then I'll trade her in.

I've read the leak threads and noted a few of the common problems like the little stickers on the A pillar, but I'm not going to mention them to the garage just yet.

There is another 18 in my area and his windows were looking really steamy yesterday!
I checked mine,i dont have stickers,they look like thin grommets

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Touch wood my car has been as reliable as a wood burning stove.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Not a word yet. Took her in just before Christmas. Driver's side carpets soaked with rain. If they fix it that will be great, if they don't then I'll trade her in.

I've read the leak threads and noted a few of the common problems like the little stickers on the A pillar, but I'm not going to mention them to the garage just yet.

There is another 18 in my area and his windows were looking really steamy yesterday!
Interesting note about the sticker, not one I've heard of! My issue was in the a pillar area though. Another common fault was a broken/faulty grommet in the firewall.

Keep us posted please - mine goes in on Monday for a different dealership to have a further check of this, always handy to have other peoples experiences to hand.

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Went for a test drive yesterday totally out of the blue.
Very different car in style but had performance in the bucket loads,handled like on rails with great suspension and gearbox but no exaust noise as such but very comfortable and a head turner.The styling is ott but i liked it in white with red interior and more practical with 4 doors,great drivers car.Still not sure because on the way home i was trying to way up my reasoning for possibly moving on while that beautiful v8 growl was echoing all around me.The car i tested was a Honda Civic Type R,yes i know its a bit boy racer and i am over 60.Most of the original guys on here( 2015 first deliveries)have moved on but i feel guilty about doing it.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Not sure I would have said most had moved on - though they certainly don't post on here as often/if at all - however there's no reason to feel guilty about it, regardless of what you move to.

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure I would have said most had moved on - though they certainly don't post on here as often/if at all - however there's no reason to feel guilty about it, regardless of what you move to.
Slight exaggeration on my part lol
Ones i remember were Stark,croyde,Gibbo,jimboy2,all sold up i believe.
Sponsored