Sponsored

New year engine build. Looking for parts suggestions.

Heretic404

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550
Tracking the car on circuit with a 3L whipple. Plan to build the motor in the new year... with track in mind trying to put shopping list together.

Suggestions etc would be awesome :)

Opgs, cs, mmr timing gear a must... but as for which comp (won't go over 20psi on pump) rotating assembly etc etc and cooling pulling safety parts in a little lost.

Cheers for assists
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Did you just say 3.0 Litre Whipple…

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Tracking the car on circuit with a 3L whipple. Plan to build the motor in the new year... with track in mind trying to put shopping list together.

Suggestions etc would be awesome :)

Opgs, cs, mmr timing gear a must... but as for which comp (won't go over 20psi on pump) rotating assembly etc etc and cooling pulling safety parts in a little lost.

Cheers for assists

I would do a simple drop in set of Manley pistons/rods, throw in a set of Pax springs for the heads, upgrade to the Cobra Jet lid for the Whipple to help with cooling and to flow a bit better and call it a day. That setup would make 1100whp all day and put you in the 8s with enough seat time. If you are interested in us quoting you out a kit with everything, feel free to shoot us a message or give us a call anytime.Www.Lethalperformance.com

Sponsored

OP
OP

Heretic404

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550
I would do a simple drop in set of Manley pistons/rods, throw in a set of Pax springs for the heads, upgrade to the Cobra Jet lid for the Whipple to help with cooling and to flow a bit better and call it a day. That setup would make 1100whp all day and put you in the 8s with enough seat time. If you are interested in us quoting you out a kit with everything, feel free to shoot us a message or give us a call anytime.Www.Lethalperformance.com
Possibly, I'm looking at getting all the mmr timing gear from you guys, especially because you bother to put the shipping invoice sepperate to the parts which makes a huge diff to us Aussies 😅

A shame you don't stock the mmr oil pan and bits though 😥

After the horror stories about their customer service etc i really soon m didn't wanna have to go straight through them

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
E85 on circuit, but will live on premium gas
This is a hotly debated topic, but you can only optimize the compression ratio for one fuel and it will be a compromise on the other. For instance, you can run 9.5/1 compression on pump gas and raise the boost when running e85 like the gt500 cars do. Or you can leave it at 12/1 and lower the boost on pump gas like the coyote guys do. There are pros and cons either way. Most tuners and builders like to stay stock because that’s what their experience base largely is. Conversely, the engine stresses are lower for a given power level at lower compression, which is likely why the cobra jet runs 10/1.

So which fuel do you want it to be optimized for?

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Possibly, I'm looking at getting all the mmr timing gear from you guys, especially because you bother to put the shipping invoice sepperate to the parts which makes a huge diff to us Aussies 😅

A shame you don't stock the mmr oil pan and bits though 😥

After the horror stories about their customer service etc i really soon m didn't wanna have to go straight through them
Yeah shipping to Australia can be tough, if you ever have any questions about the process or the MMR parts, don't hesitate to shoot me a message. I can always help where ever possible.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Rods and pistons of your choice. upgrade timing chains, secondary timing chain flip bracket, boss tensioners, OPG’s, CS, maybe some gapless rings, king bearings
Sponsored