Sponsored

new wheels and other stuff, thnx for the help

rjcruise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP, 1989 Foxbody track car, 1966 Fastback, 2005 BMW E46 ZHP
Long time lurker, thought it was time I posted something. Wanted to give a big thanks to everyone for a lot of valuable information, and general ideas on this platform. A big thank you to Terrance from Signature wheels for being a wealth of knowledge on combining the perfect set up that was in my mind, and then actually producing a quality product that met and exceeded all my expectations. Since my son was home from college, I took advantage of an additional set of hands and we installed Ford Performance lowering springs, Steeda caster camber plates and subframe alignment kit, and of course the wheels as the final touch.
HAYFE4200.JPG
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
That’s a great look. I was just asking him about gold wheels. Your post has made my decision easier. My car arrives 2nd week of Jan. Doing the same thing you did with the exception using BMR springs.

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
more pics of diff angles! i didn't expect to like the bronze/gold on black that much!

OP
OP
rjcruise

rjcruise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The actual wheel color is brushed bronze tinted. The color really changes depending on lighting conditions.
Yes, 305's all the way around, the wheels are R spec and specifically for the non R 350 if I recall correctly. I have to make some camber adjustments and as soon as the weather gets better take it out and get some better pictures in the daylight.
IMG_E3685.JPG

IMG_3687.JPG
IMG_3689.JPG

Sponsored

OP
OP
rjcruise

rjcruise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No spacers, that is all wheel. I have to say, they really fill out the wheel well perfectly!
Pictures don’t do it justice..........

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
Love the wheel on your car! Wonder how it might look on a Performance Blue/ White stripes....

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
No spacers, that is all wheel. I have to say, they really fill out the wheel well perfectly!
Pictures don’t do it justice..........
The anticipation has been killing me. Car looks absolutely amazing. Can’t wait until you and I both get to see the color in the daylight. Awaiting your thoughts on how the steering feel, acceleration, and braking have changed with the reduction in rotating mass.

Next time I get down there I will bring my camera and shoot the car.

Love the wheel on your car! Wonder how it might look on a Performance Blue/ White stripes....
Probably freaking bad ass. But hey, what do I know ;-)

Sponsored
OP
OP
rjcruise

rjcruise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got the alignment checked and dialed in yesterday morning. I had about a 35 minute drive each way and was really able to pay attention to the new handling characteristics of the car. First off, according to my butt dyno, I like what the Ford Performance springs did to the overall feel of the car, it actually feels more compliant in some ways. IMHO, front rate probably increased by about 10-15%, but its the rear that turned out interesting, it handles hard bumps/dips with better compression/rebound characteristics, it actually feels similar to my 05 BMW 330CI ZHP (I have always personally liked it's suspension set up). I know magneride has a lot to do with this, but in my opinion, I like what it did to the rear.

As far as the wheels, where do I start. Again, the look it has now given the car, with the lower stance, out of the ballpark. I forgot to get some outside shots, will have to put on my to do list.
Handling wise, I have a twisty canyon road that connects to my city and was able to do a little spirited run, the car just feels "lighter." Everything improves with less rotating weight at the hubs. I am thinking of running the car this coming year at Sonoma, to really get an appreciation of it's capabilities, but Terrance as you know, it's hard not to take the Foxbody and wring her out!