New Treadstone (TR10FF) FMIC

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
It looks like Treadstone just released their upgraded front mount intercooler for the EBM.

It's a traditional front mounted design, like the Levels and Full Race intercoolers, with cast endtanks, and it's supposed to be good to 600 hp. Pricing is also listed at $425.95 on their website.

If it's anything like their other offerings, this should be a very cost effective option for those looking to upgrade.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Curious how it mounts. Treadstone stuff has always been decent but not a huge performer as their cores are sourced overseas and the price reflects quality.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Very carefully With coat hangers ...

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Not sure if it comes with the MAP SENSOR bung...I might be wrong

BrewCityBOOST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BrewCityBOOST Mustang
FYI ......I picked one of these up on impulse recently, PLEASE STAY AWAY from it until they iron out the multitude of problems during installation. the IC itself looks decent, has a good price point, and will satisfy the large majority of EBM owners needing an upgraded IC.......

.....however, all the tbolt clamps sent are the wrong size (6 are included), they are one size too small. We were shorted 1 of 3 hose couplers, All mounting hardware was missing, mounting holes in the brackets needed to be redrilled to fit to the IC. and the best was the TIP sensor screw they sent was too short. Nevermind the lack of install guide and theyre ability to ignore technical issues.

Has anyone else gone with this IC? Kinda feel like the installation was developed by a blind guy on working on a daewoo leganza instead of an EBM.

Ill give Treadstone a couple days to figure this out, we are pulling this product from our Brew City Boost site asap as well until they show resolution to the issues weve seen.

Customer service is #1, and right now Treadstone aint got it.

Sponsored

dfr1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ECOBOOST BLACK
i have it intercooler works great as far as performance but you will have to redrill brackets and supply ur own bolts also i was also shorted clamps and couplers and pipes they did next day air it to me but still had to get my own bolts and a extra coupler from a older turbo build after they sent me the missing stuff called and told them my experience hopefully they repackage the kit in a better way

BrewCityBOOST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BrewCityBOOST Mustang
i have it intercooler works great as far as performance but you will have to redrill brackets and supply ur own bolts also i was also shorted clamps and couplers and pipes they did next day air it to me but still had to get my own bolts and a extra coupler from a older turbo build after they sent me the missing stuff called and told them my experience hopefully they repackage the kit in a better way
Good to know. How long ago did you get yours? So it would appear they are aware of the issue. it should be a decent bang for your buck IC in the end I beleive. I wouldnt expect most customers to be to thrilled with a plug and play kit thats not quite that.

dfr1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ECOBOOST BLACK
About a month ago. I wouldn't call it plug and play yet hopefully they change that soon Someone that's new to modding would definitely not be happy when trying to install it. But if you had a turbo car and some mechanical and tool experience you will be fine

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP Oxford White
Does anyone have a picture of it installed or did anyone find any directions on how to install this? Mine came today but no directions as stated by everyone also missing parts like stated

Sponsored

~X~

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I had one of their kits on my Hyundai Genesis. The materials themselves are good (especially the intercooler) but just like this kit I got no install instructions.
There were some fitment issues with the radiator mounting brackets, which were easily fixed by purchasing some extra washers and longer screws, but still pissed me off that they didn't fix this prior to going into production. They didn't seem to know the meaning of what "plug and play" kits mean because other members had the same and worse issues.

When I called asking about the install and placement of certain parts they gave me some help but in the end told me "it's pretty much self-explanatory once you're in there". Ugh...

This kit seems like a good option for the price but from what's being said so far I would wait until they iron out the technical issues. That or just buy the core and use your existing pipes or purchase them from another manufacturer.

DevilDogDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB 6spd Ruby Red
Map has them at a good price, email them for a discount.

obk787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP Oxford White
I just installed mine little annoying to install with no instructions but not terrible. The difference can be felt. You can feel the torque pulling you thru
Sponsored