New to me GT350 - bought on May 15th 2023 from Ford - Tons of issues -

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
It sucks the op is dealing with this. That said it’s not really a Ford issue, but there taking care of it. At 21k miles it seems the car has been touched in not the correct way. At least the warranty is covering it. Tires and alignment are maintenance issue’s. A drive shaft out of round I highly doubt its been that way since new. I wouldn’t be surprised if what’s on there isn’t original to the car. Let them fix it, then enjoy it!

I see no issue here, a situation reared it’s ugly head, and the dealer is working on it…

…what’s the problem again?

Last edited:

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I see no issue here, a situation reared it’s ugly head, and the dealer is working on it…

…what’s the problem again?
I have (and still do) work for a dealership. I guess my concern here is more of a common sense one. After the first balance and proper test drive, it should have been determined that it wasn't addressed.

I'm not sure I understand the logic on the alignment to address the vibration but whether or not it did fix it, again, after the test drive following the alignment and re-balance, it should have been observed that the problem was still not resolved.

It just seems like, whether or not the technician has a good intuition and feel of the nature of the vibration, the follow through isn't there and the OP is left to make multiple subsequent trips to address it.

Last edited:

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Sorry to hear you are having all this trouble. It will be worth it once it’s all done and this is just a bd memory!

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP
Well, at least you have a warranty, and you can leverage that in case you need to bail out on the car. I would never own a GT350 without any warranty. Ever. I considered one at one point, but decided against it.

Good luck!

Sponsored

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
Advice (owned a 2020) get the car straight with the Dealer and Ford and sell it ASAP - hopefully the warranty is transferrable.

Had a friend who wanted to purchase a 2018 out of warranty and tried to find a 3rd party warranty company to sell him a policy because Ford refused to sell him an extension- and all three companies he contacted told him - NO …!!!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 1987 drag radial mustang
I may have the wrong line of thought on this one but here's my take. If I didn't know any better I would say there's something wrong with my 2017 as well. Is it possible the vibration you are feeling is from the flat plane crank engine design? Mine vibrates as well at cruise, but I believe it's the engine. One question I would have is do you feel the vibration in the steering wheel or in the seat/floor? If it's in the seat/floor it's most likely the engine or something in the driveline, if you feel it in the steering wheel it's a wheel balance issue on the front wheels. Just my .02 cents.

In terms of the extended warranty folks are saying you can't get one...... I got an extended warranty on mine and I just bought it this spring .

Last edited:

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
I may have the wrong line of thought on this one but here's my take. If I didn't know any better I would say there's something wrong with my 2017 as well. Is it possible the vibration you are feeling is from the flat plane crank engine design? Mine vibrates as well at speed, but I believe it's the engine. One question I would have is do you feel the vibration in the steering wheel or in the seat/floor? If it's in the seat/floor it's most likely the engine or something in the driveline, if you feel it in the steering wheel it's a wheel balance issue on the front wheels. Just my .02 cents.

In terms of the extended warranty folks are saying you can't get one...... I got an extended warranty on mine and I just bought it this spring .
My brother-in-law just purchased one through Ford for his also.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Mine was purchased through the Mercedes dealer that had the car. Sponsored
Check the fine print. Another member here bought a warranty and when he needed it the company refused, because the fine print excluded Shelby's. I think he was able to get the car covered at least once but had to go through attorneys.

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Check the fine print. Another member here bought a warranty and when he needed it the company refused, because the fine print excluded Shelby's. I think he was able to get the car covered at least once but had to go through attorneys.
Same as buying a used car, buyer beware with extended warranties. Lots of scams in that industry. I d want an original manufactures extended warranty which should continue everything (mostly) the original warranty covers.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 1987 drag radial mustang
Good point. I hadn't read the fine print so I dug it out. Mine is through Fidelity Warranty Services. The fine print says it won't cover oil consumption due to ring wear, It has to be related to the failure of another part. There's nothing in the contract excluding any particular vehicles, just uses such as racing, towing, transportation, etc. I'm glad you posted that, it made me look further into it. It appears I'm covered.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Great post. Right up there with I had a friend and ….. Same old …. Different day.

Well, at least you have a warranty, and you can leverage that in case you need to bail out on the car. I would never own a GT350 without any warranty. Ever. I considered one at one point, but decided against it.

Good luck!

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang M1 HP

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name