Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
You really want to be right on this, or you really just want people to buy full price. I don't know which. But, as soon as it's in stock at some place like Levittown, or White Bear, it'll be discounted 30% or more at least. But, I think you're making a bigger deal than necessary, because copying two fields from a notes field from an order doesn't seem like a huge deal to me. Especially since they're likely cutting and pasting a name and address too. Just so the conversation can I die, I'll agree

Agreed. This is the downside to CarPlay and Apple Maps. Android Auto at least has Google Maps with offline/downloaded maps. Either way, I like having the Nav built-in, though most of the time I am definitely using Apple Maps anyway.
I don't think that person has ever purchased anything off of eBay. Like you said, eBay is no different than calling that Ford dealership that was mentioned earlier about ordering the Sync 3 map update. I've ordered a bunch of custom items off eBay and it's a piece of cake. There is a reason they have a special field where you can add things such as your VIN and ESN.

You should try Sygic. That is entirely offline. I believe you get a week trial after you download it. Make sure you download the Car Navigation app since they have 2 different ones. The car one enables you to use it through Sync 3.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Also Google has offline Maps as well. Just have to update it every 30 days, no problem here.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
F150 forums is filled with strong opposite extreme views, some really want it some really against it.. anyone here looking to order it? I hear the gracenotes version downgrades back 1139 to 806, if it really matters

Sponsored

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
$150 for maps that are already out of date?
no, comes loaded with 1 16 thats what 2018s come from the factory with, ill take that over my 1 14 which came outdated from factory

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
did anyone from this forum order the nav update?

hipporo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Koji
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 RubyRed
Ahhhhhh. Success thanks to this post: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2197698&postcount=18

I don't think I will ever load a gray copy of anything into a car again! Hopefully, Ford pushes whatever updates that are needed onto the wifi. At any rate, thanks to those who figured this stuff out!

Now to figure out which brand of Scotch to buy for tonight. Killed my Laphroaig
Thank you very much for the info! It worked like a charm and my Mustang has SYNC 3 V3.0. :headbang:

Sponsored

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
did anyone from this forum order the nav update?
I'm not sure what I will do. My Mustang arrives this week so I'll see which version of maps it has. I'm hoping it does have the newer NA 1 17 update that hasn't been publicly released yet. Out of curiosity, I went to the Ford dealership down the street from me to check out the map version on a few GT's they have in stock. Two February builds did have the NA 1 17 version. One GT had the NA 1 16 version. I forgot to check the build date on that one.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure what I will do. My Mustang arrives this week so I'll see which version of maps it has. I'm hoping it does have the newer NA 1 17 update that hasn't been publicly released yet. Out of curiosity, I went to the Ford dealership down the street from me to check out the map version on a few GT's they have in stock. Two February builds did have the NA 1 17 version. One GT had the NA 1 16 version. I forgot to check the build date on that one.
which dealer in cali was that?

Drull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion Frs
Hello friend

I need Russian v3.0
Maybe someone knows where I can find it? Or myabe I need to sent request or call to ford in USA?

Thnx a lot

daiv_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
To anyone who updated to an earlier / unofficial 3.0 build and Sync just tells them they're already up to date, despite having an earlier build number, I got around it this way:

Open 'autoinstall.lst' and remove the item and open entries for HB5T-14G386-AHH (Item3) (or whichever the 8mb archive is; that's the one doing the version check, I think it contains the bootloader).

Number all the following packages appropriately (so item 4 becomes item 3).
This allowed me to install the update, as every Sync 3 2.2 package I found trying to 'downgrade' failed to install.

I've had zero issues since doing this, though I used 18015 downloaded from Ford based on my VIN, but I imagine 18025 will work the same way.

UK 18015 NAV build with original and fixed autoinstall.lst here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gRZyIhTBabQa8Y-1u8ClYPoxSZ_wiCib (if you don't want NA gracenotes / voice)
Sponsored

Last edited: