Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
I am going to be away from the computer for an hour - but if you don't spot anything obviously wrong with the autoinstall.lst filenames, then my suggestion is you only install the main operating system update on its own which is in the AL file.

You can do this by changing your autoinstall.lst to look like this:

; Gen 3 - Assembly Update - 3.0.18025

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = JR3T-14G381-AL
Open1 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G381-AL.tar.gz
Item2 = GB5T-14G386-AA
Open2 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AA.tar.gz
Options = Delay,AutoInstall

It would be interesting to see how that works for you. Of course this is your risk, but my install of 18025 was exactly like this and it works great. By missing out some of the other update files I am guessing you are missing a gracenotes update, I am not sure what else is affected - but possibly not much. The AL file is the main update.
Sponsored

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
This worked for me. Thank you for the write up.

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
This looks like the same message I was getting. I had to downgrade to 2.2, then go back up to the official 3.0. I used 16GB drives

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Ah, sorry - open it with notepad.

Launch notepad, then do a file/open and in the bottom right hand corner select all file types rather than just .txt files and browse to the autoinstall file and click on it to open.
At least it looks like it is supposed to. I feel it is most certainly an issue with my 2.2 upgrade and memory left in the system. The only thing I have not tried is master reset, because I could not find it. I will try that now.
file 4.jpg

Sponsored

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium - California Special
Carplay doesn't allow other navigation apps, so it's the waze in Sync with iOS. And I haven't tried waze with Sync for a while since the launch date is supposed to be in April, are you sure that's waze that's showing up in your Sync 3? The only way I know to have waze in Sync 3 with iOS right now is to participate in the beta program for waze.
I just fired up Waze (on my phone) directly after the installation and the big screen then showed a map with the nav data I just randomly entered on my phone. Not sure if it's really Waze or if it somehow senses that you've started Waze and it proceeds with the whatever map is available in CarPlay? Sounds weird. Anyway I didn't actually drive anywhere while having Waze/on-screen map active so I'll try that today and see if I can come up with a smarter conclusion :shrug:

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I just fired up Waze (on my phone) directly after the installation and the big screen then showed a map with the nav data I just randomly entered on my phone. Not sure if it's really Waze or if it somehow senses that you've started Waze and it proceeds with the whatever map is available in CarPlay? Sounds weird. Anyway I didn't actually drive anywhere while having Waze/on-screen map active so I'll try that today and see if I can come up with a smarter conclusion :shrug:
That'd be great. Could you take a picture as well? Curious how waze would look directly on sync 3 vs the android auto version.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haven't seen this been posted here so here it goes.

If you have upgraded to a v3.0 build before the 18025 (this includes all 2018's to my knowledge), and can't upgrade to build 18025 because the system says your system is "already up to date", you can try modifying your "autoinstall.lst" file like this (this has only been tested on Sync 3 with Nav):
  1. Open the autoinstall.lst file with a text editor, don't use Notepad that comes with Windows, it might mess up the file when saving it without you knowing (it might write invisible characters to the file), use something like Notepad++ or Sublime Text.
  2. Remove the two lines that includes "HB5T-14G386-AHH". Then bump up the numbers for the lines after it. For example if your file looked like this before (and remember this file is the file for my 2018, so yours might look different, but the the idea is the same):
    Code:
    ; SYNC3 Consumer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.0.13 - Only for Nav/NA assemblies.

[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.18025_PRODUCT]
    Item1 = HB5T-14G386-THA
    Open1 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-THA.tar.gz
    Item2 = HB5T-14G386-TCB
    Open2 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-TCB.tar.gz
    [B][COLOR="Red"]Item3 = HB5T-14G386-AHH
    Open3 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-AHH.tar.gz[/COLOR][/B]
    Item4 = JR3T-14G381-AL
    Open4 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G381-AL.tar.gz
    Item5 = JR3T-14G423-CA
    Open5 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G423-CA.tar.gz
    Item6 = HB5T-14G387-AAB
    Open6 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G387-AAB.tar.gz
    Item7 = GB5T-14G386-AA
    Open7 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AA.tar.gz
    Options = Delay,Include,Transaction
    It should look like this after the modification:
    Code:
    ; SYNC3 Consumer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.0.13 - Only for Nav/NA assemblies.

[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.18025_PRODUCT]
    Item1 = HB5T-14G386-THA
    Open1 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-THA.tar.gz
    Item2 = HB5T-14G386-TCB
    Open2 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-TCB.tar.gz
    Item3 = JR3T-14G381-AL
    Open3 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G381-AL.tar.gz
    Item4 = JR3T-14G423-CA
    Open4 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G423-CA.tar.gz
    Item5 = HB5T-14G387-AAB
    Open5 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G387-AAB.tar.gz
    Item6 = GB5T-14G386-AA
    Open6 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AA.tar.gz
    Options = Delay,Include,Transaction
  3. You don't need to remove the corresponding file referenced by the two lines you just removed, it shouldn't matter.
  4. Proceed with the normal upgrade procedure, everything should be the same as before, you might only get the final pop-up saying you can remove your USB flash drive and restart the car (both cars I upgraded only got this message).

Just a note, for 2018 owners, if you downloaded the update file from Ford before 03/26/2018 you can just go to owner.ford.com and download again. Ford released a new file that includes the modification mentioned above. But if you have slow internet or can't access internet on your computer, or can't be bothered to download it again, doing the above will work just fine, I have upgraded two 2018s with this.

DJH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Duke, thanks for posting this.

I used your idea on my 2017 Non-Nav download and it worked perfectly. The auto install file is a little different, but no problem. The update took about 20 minutes total.

Previously I had one of the unofficial installs and now I’m up to date - all good!

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
At least it looks like it is supposed to. I feel it is most certainly an issue with my 2.2 upgrade and memory left in the system. The only thing I have not tried is master reset, because I could not find it. I will try that now.
Your screenshot from your autoinstall.lst file does NOT look good to me actually.

You seem to have two autoinstall files rolled into one there, note the list of 5 files to be installed, and then you seem to have a second section with an additional two install files - maybe this is confusing it. It might be valid, but I have never seen one like that before.

Scroll back to the example of my autoinstall which only updates the -AL file and try that!

Sponsored

Bubbadini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium 3.55 6MT
For MEM_ERR03 people, I was able to fix mine on '16 non-nav version 2.2 to version 3.0.
See steps in thread "MEM_ERR03 When trying to update......" #8 post. Comment there if it helps you too. Credit goes to Acool at F150 forum.

Good luck!

DJH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Your screenshot from your autoinstall.lst file does NOT look good to me actually.

You seem to have two autoinstall files rolled into one there, note the list of 5 files to be installed, and then you seem to have a second section with an additional two install files - maybe this is confusing it. It might be valid, but I have never seen one like that before.

Scroll back to the example of my autoinstall which only updates the -AL file and try that!
My autoinstall file looked exactly like the screenshot [MENTION=22770]Lost[/MENTION] posted - including the second section with the two additional files.

I removed the two lines in the top section and the update was fine.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

That is actually a valid way of installing updates in different parts, I did a bunch of research yesterday and saw this on a different forum where they did this trick to overcome some issues (I believe it was related to not enough memory due to older models).

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Just got to this thread, I read over the first and a few pages but still am not sure...

Does this do the same thing as letting Sync update itself over Wifi or is this different?

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Just got to this thread, I read over the first and a few pages but still am not sure...

Does this do the same thing as letting Sync update itself over Wifi or is this different?
Wondering the same thing, I get WiFi in my garage...
Sponsored