m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maserecordingstudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
Can someone just correct me if I'm wrong.
I've managed to get my hands on Ver3.0 Build 18025, and I'm trying to decipher the language from the site I got it from, but from what I can understand all I need to do unzip the downloaded file to an empty FAT32 formatted 8GB USB flash drive, and then go and plug it in to the car, and wait for everything to do its thing?

The files on the drive are supposed to look like the attached picture and I'm good to go no?
that language is Russian, and yes.
Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
that language is Russian, and yes.
bro i think his whole windows is russian :lol:

I've managed to get my hands on Ver3.0 Build 18025, and I'm trying to decipher the language from the site I got it from, but from what I can understand all I need to do unzip the downloaded file to an empty FAT32 formatted 8GB USB flash drive, and then go and plug it in to the car, and wait for everything to do its thing?

The files on the drive are supposed to look like the attached picture and I'm good to go no?
never go less than a 32GB USB..thats inside the autoinstall?

Kostyam69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
Let me know if you need help understanding anything on that Russian forum, I'm probably the one that shared that link with one of you

Sponsored

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Let me know if you need help understanding anything on that Russian forum, I'm probably the one that shared that link with one of you
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
5656.PNG

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Yeah, I know its Russian. I translated it all with google translate, but sometimes it doesn't get it quite right so just wanted to make sure I got it all right.

I've heard people having better results with a smaller 8GB USB drive instead of the larger ones. ??????
[MENTION=32131]Kostyam69[/MENTION] thanks for the link! I think ive got it now, just wanted to confirm I had the right procedure. Thanks!

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
What you need is a fast USB drive... so the newer the better, size doesn't matter as long as is at least 2 or 4gb depending on the size of the files it needs to hold.

When the USB is inserted into Sync3, Sync3 will copy the contents into itself and only when the copy has been done will it then put a message on the screen to say "system update in progress..."

If you have an old USB, then the copy process could take 20 minutes - during which you may loose faith that anything is actually happening and interrupt the copy by unplugging it, or turning off the vehicle etc.

Some USB's have a flashing light within them to show activity, which is a nice way to know the copy is still happening too.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
What you need is a fast USB drive... so the newer the better, size doesn't matter as long as is at least 2 or 4gb depending on the size of the files it needs to hold.
bro the pdf by ford says minimum 32GB...first pdf on the first post :crazy:

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I succeeded with an 8GB drive formatted FAT32.

I think Ford had a miscommunication somewhere and one hand thought the tarballs were extracted to the flash drive while they are actually extracted to the APIM... which is likely why there isn't enough room on the non-nav APIMs for v2.3 to install if you've been keeping up with the updates (v2.2 seems to have not cleaned itself up).

Sponsored

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
Yes, and Ford have demonstrated that they know what they are doing right! :)

Maybe by suggesting a minimum of 32GB they are ensuring that users get a new USB to do this, which also means the copy is 10x faster than if someone grabs an old 4gb usb instead.

The update is under 2GB.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

When the USB is inserted into Sync3, Sync3 will copy the contents into itself and only when the copy has been done will it then put a message on the screen to say "system update in progress..."

If you have an old USB, then the copy process could take 20 minutes - during which you may loose faith that anything is actually happening and interrupt the copy by unplugging it, or turning off the vehicle etc.

Some USB's have a flashing light within them to show activity, which is a nice way to know the copy is still happening too.
Yes, and Ford have demonstrated that they know what they are doing right! :)

Maybe by suggesting a minimum of 32GB they are ensuring that users get a new USB to do this, which also means the copy is 10x faster than if someone grabs an old 4gb usb instead.

The update is under 2GB.
Well I went a bought a nice new fast 64GB USB drive. Guess what? It didn't work.

I pulled one of my 10 year old 8GB drives out and it worked perfectly. :lol:

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I think i'll use my trusty 8GB. Its never let me down yet!

Michael J

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base EB; PP; Power Pack; Magnetic;

Just to be sure, the 18025 is an update/patch for 3.0 Build 17276. You need to have that installed first.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Just to be sure, the 18025 is an update/patch for 3.0 Build 17276. You need to have that installed first.
nono not true, I tested on 1.0 and 2.3 it went directly to 3.0.18025
Sponsored