Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So, this morning I am getting a USB device not responding when I plug in my S7 Edge. It was working fine up until this morning's commute. I've tried everything. Shutting the car off, opening and shutting the door, rebooted the phone... No AA.
try a different cable, AA is very sensitive to cable choice
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Thanks! I will mess around with different cables and make sure that it is set to charge and toggle those settings a bit. I'm using an Anker powerline USB. Those are supposed to be the best, but maybe I got one with a short in it.

-Jeff

Sponsored

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
hmm, last night and this morning I get a "camera not available" error. It was working fine, even after the upgrade. Maybe it just doesn't like the cold (5F today)...
Crazy thing. Unplug it and plug it back in. Or do a master reset (pull the fuse) for SYNC and it'll start working.

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
stupid question; besides android auto and car play; is there anything else new in this update?

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
stupid question; besides android auto and car play; is there anything else new in this update?
Stability and a little function.

The dual zone temperatures both show all of the time now and you can turn dual mode on just by moving the passenger side (you can still turn dual mode off by holding the "auto" button for 5s, but you don't get confirmation unless the two temps were set differently).

The on-off sliders in the menus have a new look. There is now an embedded 1-0 depending on the position of the slider.

There is a rumor (I'm trying to test it but ran into PP2 complications) that you can use ForSCAN to enable the bluetooth pairing name to display as "Mustang" or some such instead of the generic "SYNC".

I don't use it enough to recognize all of the differences, but voice control is different, too. Even seems to work better as it has not called the wrong person since the v2.2 upgrade.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

mkenny28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Only for the initial configuration. Go to the AA button in you sync apps and enable it. It will now connect via Bluetooth whenever the car is started.
At least that's how it works for me. Galaxy 6 edge
It may connect via bluetooth but you don't get the Android Auto interface on the head unit unless you plug it in to USB.

Sponsored

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
Stability and a little function.

The dual zone temperatures both show all of the time now and you can turn dual mode on just by moving the passenger side (you can still turn dual mode off by holding the "auto" button for 5s, but you don't get confirmation unless the two temps were set differently).

The on-off sliders in the menus have a new look. There is now an embedded 1-0 depending on the position of the slider.

There is a rumor (I'm trying to test it but ran into PP2 complications) that you can use ForSCAN to enable the bluetooth pairing name to display as "Mustang" or some such instead of the generic "SYNC".

I don't use it enough to recognize all of the differences, but voice control is different, too. Even seems to work better as it has not called the wrong person since the v2.2 upgrade.
Dual temps don't show on mine if not in dual mode, and you could always turn on dual zone by just moving the passenger side temp toggle, that's not new. Trust me, my GF ups the temp on her side just about as soon as the car turns on. :p

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
do you not have 3 temps on the top line when dual mode is off?
no sir, outside temp and the set hvac temp, I rarely use dual......

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Interesting... I never use dual, but the passenger side temp persists after the upgrade (non-NAV). Dual mode or not, it's always there.

I thought I had tried to adjust the passenger temp while not in dual mode and nothing happened... hmmm. Maybe that was on one of the 15's I'd rented before I purchased.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I have both temps, and outside temp on mine as well.
Sponsored