Sponsored

New Revell 2015 Ford Mustang Model Kit

Bullitt3980

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I'm a pretty serious car modeler, this is whats called a promotional model--very basic to build with few pieces. Revell would not tool up this kit just for NAAS, I'm sure you will find it in hobby shops this fall. Having said that its a model for kids--If you wait there will be a full detail kit(with full engine and suspension detail) released later this year
Sponsored

DrProctor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
YES! That makes my first trip to the show even more exciting! Anyone want me to pick them up one?

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
I'm a pretty serious car modeler, this is whats called a promotional model--very basic to build with few pieces. Revell would not tool up this kit just for NAAS, I'm sure you will find it in hobby shops this fall. Having said that its a model for kids--If you wait there will be a full detail kit(with full engine and suspension detail) released later this year
That is true. So, who's picking me up one to replace the old 64 promo model my dad threw out years ago?

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Thanks. Love to put my own details on that. It is missing the mirrors. (I'm sure the full kit will have them later on)

And I see it has the old faux gas cap. (Uck) Would have to grind that off and finish it with a proper GT emblem.

But thank you. :) Now to find one.

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
And I see it has the old faux gas cap. (Uck) Would have to grind that off and finish it with a proper GT emblem.
I actually like the "gas cap" badge. At this point it no longer represents a gas cap to me, but rather a Mustang badge that is nicely self-contained. The plain "GT" or the free-running horse don't look quite finished to me (I don't mind the free-running horse on the front grille, just on the back).

So, I actually kinda wish they had at least a circle around the GT emblem. It seems somehow more complete. I also like the emblems with the tri-bar colors behind them that people posted on here. Those also had a more finished look IMO.

Ahh well, I guess you can't please everyone.

-T

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
Thank God the faux gas cap didn't make the final cut. That's the worst part of the current gen IMO. Looks so tacked on and goofy. Sorry guys! Love the led tails on the 13 and 14 though! Love the running pony and GT logo on the new one....to each his own though, I wouldn't be shocked if the faux gas cap or some circular logo ends up back there based on this and other models we've seen. Hopefully later rather than sooner though. :)

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Something interesting you can take away is this...

At the point Ford gave Revell the specs/CAD files for the 2015 Mustang GT the faux gas cap must have still been given the go ahead. Revell wouldn't have done that on their own. So sometime after Ford had given them this design they changed their mind (and glad they did) on the rear emblem. This had to be VERY late in the process. And I'm thinking some of the feedback they had been hearing on sites such as these must have led them to change their minds.

Glad to know they listen. :)

NOW DITCH THE HOOD PROP ROD FORD!!! ;)

GTsquid

If I remember correctly there is a Mustang toy maker on this site that posted Ford gave them some CAD files or something that looked different than Chazcron's renders. They probably sent a bunch of early prototype designs to these companies so nothing would get leaked. You can also see the the faux gas cap in Ford's own early sketches and the life size models.

Sponsored

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
That is true. So, who's picking me up one to replace the old 64 promo model my dad threw out years ago?

I'd love one in my collection as well, but my did didn't throw out my Mustang promo, he gave away my Chrysler Turbine car WHITE promo! (Yeah, the rare one). Really wish for a '69 Mustang promo (hey, while I'm dreaming), the holy grail of Mustang collectibles.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Did anyone notice they got the fuel door too high? It's completely above the bodyline that runs through it on the real car.

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
What would be really nice would be if Ford/MCA included one in the goodie bag for the 50th!

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
When I was a young kid ( mid to late 60's ) our local Ford dealership ( very small town Iowa ) would get models each fall, to give out as promotional items/toys. They were fully assembled...in boxes. My Dad was a good customer of the dealership and I usually got 1 or 2 each fall. At one point, I had several years of Mustangs, a Cougar and even a 69 LTD along with a couple of pickups if I remember right. Right now, I sure wish Mom and Dad would have made me put them away and kept them pristine. Don't have them anymore...sure they were tossed out at some point. I played with them and I can remember nieces and nephews playing with them into the 70's. I'm sure they were pretty well worn out by the time they were thrown away.
Sponsored