New regs for engine nosie

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Top speed limits are coming in at the same time too, along with changes to the highway code regarding cyclists.
Sponsored

Goblinchaser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Just catching up on a few threads and noticed this one. Iā€™m looking to head back in 5 or so years and importing my mustang with me. Sounds like from whatā€™s going on back there I could have an issue importing it into the country ???

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Just catching up on a few threads and noticed this one. Iā€™m looking to head back in 5 or so years and importing my mustang with me. Sounds like from whatā€™s going on back there I could have an issue importing it into the country ???
As far as I'm aware the car will need to comply with the regulations at the time it was made so you should be OK, modifications aside.

Sponsored

Goblinchaser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
As far as I'm aware the car will need to comply with the regulations at the time it was made so you should be OK, modifications aside.
You have me thinking re obtaining the approvals for the mustang in the UK and compare to oz (not that Iā€™m paranoid šŸ˜). I think they are both quite close but probably best if I check the noise and emissions. I exported a car this way and was pretty straightforward but given what is changing could be a complex PITA exercise to justify complying with Regs if itā€™s not an EV.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
So, back on topic ā€¦ :giggle:

Iā€™ve just been out for my run and sometime since Tuesday night, two junctions within a mile of my house (mini roundabout and a traffic light T junction) have got temporary posts put up with what looks like mini microphones on the top of them and a chained / secured equipment box at the base.

Are these scoping out potential noise camera locations ? Should I be paranoid ā€¦ lol ?

WD :like:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
So, back on topic ā€¦ :giggle:

Iā€™ve just been out for my run and sometime since Tuesday night, two junctions within a mile of my house (mini roundabout and a traffic light T junction) have got temporary posts put up with what looks like mini microphones on the top of them and a chained / secured equipment box at the base.

Are these scoping out potential noise camera locations ? Should I be paranoid ā€¦ lol ?

WD :like:
More likely traffic monitoring rather than noise
Sponsored