Sponsored

New Pmas S550 Fender intakes and conversion kits available for pre order @ Beefcake Racing!

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
The new pmas intakes will be shipping around December of this year.

For standard s550 manifolds and cobra jet. Also available are kits to convert your existing pmas kit to fender if you choose too.

We are now taking preorders for these!

If you order, please do not message for eta until at least 12/15/21, please and thanks!!! :)

https://www.beefcakeracing.com/brand/pmas-performance/2015-2020-mustang/

fenderwell__32568.1629820881.jpg
Sponsored

JimmyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang
Are there any preliminary results for this? Would a complete package be a decent step over an airraid CAI?

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Complete silence, lol. No information given, no stats or specs provided. Just "buy this new thing and don't ask us about it".

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the kit flows the same as the current kit, but will be pulling colder air and blocking off the engine heat more, 100% about iats, and helping the car from pullling timing

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
the kit flows the same as the current kit, but will be pulling colder air and blocking off the engine heat more, 100% about iats, and helping the car from pullling timing
Are there any results from the engineering or testing phase on the actual numbers? Any percentages you can share related to the decrease in IATs? Any dyno numbers or charts?

Sponsored

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
per nick at pmas

Dyno is the same as the old kit. Restriction is almost exactly the same. IAT runs pretty much ambient all the time.

Same IAT as the old kit while drive down the road which is ambient. Pretty massive difference idling while stopped for an extended period of time. Maf is as it should be in a maf housing at the end of the pipe so there isn’t any bends etc before the maf.

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
per nick at pmas

Dyno is the same as the old kit. Restriction is almost exactly the same. IAT runs pretty much ambient all the time.

Same IAT as the old kit while drive down the road which is ambient. Pretty massive difference idling while stopped for an extended period of time. Maf is as it should be in a maf housing at the end of the pipe so there isn’t any bends etc before the maf.
Ty sir, I appreciate the info. Having the ability to have ambient temps at idle is major for S550s who want an open element high flow cai. Definitely am considering replacing my Steeds closed box with this.

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
More sales kicking off today @ Beefcake Racing!!!!

Aeromotive, Baer, Corsa, Diode Dynamics, Eibach, Mantic, MBRP, Pypes, Nitrous Outlet and Thermal R&D!

Make sure you're also logging in to see all the current sales and stay tuned for more!

WS2VZYPC6G*MTYzNjc0OTcxMi40Ny4xLjE2MzY3NTEwNTkuNTg.jpg

https://www.beefcakeracing.com/black-friday-sale/

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I'm trying to picture this... It's this going to reside behind what I'll call the lower driver side slit (can't think of a better way to describe it)? Seems like a reason to use this with open elements on their lower bumper

Sponsored
OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I'm trying to picture this... It's this going to reside behind what I'll call the lower driver side slit (can't think of a better way to describe it)? Seems like a reason to use this with open elements on their lower bumper

Based on the picture PMAS provided us with (image in original comment) i would say it would be right were you are talking about.

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Based on the picture PMAS provided us with (image in original comment) i would say it would be right were you are talking about.
I am legitimately interested in this intake as I'm not happy with the fit of the Steeda closed air box. Is there any real world info on this intake? Fit? Dynos? Anything? I see them on your website, presumably for purchase now.

For example, I'd like to know if you need to remove the front bumper for cleaning the filter or if it slides out from the top of the engine bay.

Last edited:
OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I am legitimately interested in this intake as I'm not happy with the fit of the Steeda closed air box. Is there any real world info on this intake? Fit? Dynos? Anything? I see them on your website, presumably for purchase now.

For example, I'd like to know if you need to remove the front bumper for cleaning the filter or if it slides out from the top of the engine bay.
No. Just remove the tray under the bumper. It’s much easier to just remove the bumper though

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Just since this was bumped again today, any ideas when these'll ship, Terry?

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
No. Just remove the tray under the bumper. It’s much easier to just remove the bumper though
I see. Thanks for that!
Sponsored