Sponsored

New on this forum thing =)

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Welcome!

Might want to avoid the Off Topic Lounge...at least for now.
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Meh, don't let them get to ya. no body gets out of this alive.
I love my E/B HHP. More than enough power for a seasonal fair weather daily. Even the base e/b with 310hp is great for a street car, sure we don't have the v8 rumble. or the 460 +/- hp.
But how much of the time are they using even 1/25th of it?
Having lived through the top dog v8's car models with a earth twisting 185hp. These turbo 4 cars have just enough to get you in trouble without taking out a crowd at a cars and coffee.
Nothing against the gt/ and up guys. If I didn't have other v8 cars, I most likely have got a v8 mustang.
There's no denying any modern Mustang is a riot to drive these days. But I believe lots of folks went with the GT purely because of the sound. I used to have an EBM (2016 MY) before my current GT. It was fun to drive, but when I started modifying for performance gains, aftermarket exhaust systems (I had the MBRP Race System) don't sound very good. It's just how it is. The EBM plain and simple... doesn't sound good. That's why it's completely quiet from the factory. Other than that, the power felt good, handling was good, and of course it looked good!

I've only heard one, maybe two, nice sounding 4 cylinder cars. Look at it this way. A Subaru with unequal length headers has a nice burble to it. Swap those headers out for the equal length version and you get a nice performance gain, but at the expense of the exhaust note. A Subaru with equal length headers sounds like doodoo.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the 5.0. How are you liking this car compared to your previous car?

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
There's no denying any modern Mustang is a riot to drive these days. But I believe lots of folks went with the GT purely because of the sound. I used to have an EBM (2016 MY) before my current GT. It was fun to drive, but when I started modifying for performance gains, aftermarket exhaust systems (I had the MBRP Race System) don't sound very good. It's just how it is. The EBM plain and simple... doesn't sound good. That's why it's completely quiet from the factory. Other than that, the power felt good, handling was good, and of course it looked good!

I've only heard one, maybe two, nice sounding 4 cylinder cars. Look at it this way. A Subaru with unequal length headers has a nice burble to it. Swap those headers out for the equal length version and you get a nice performance gain, but at the expense of the exhaust note. A Subaru with equal length headers sounds like doodoo.
In my case, This car most likely won't get any performance mechanical mods, persay. Maybe paint the brakes, and a few other little things.
This was a car that I'll not be ripping into, Wife already puts up with the other 3 vehicles that are always upgraded, then torn apart, and something else upgraded. And at this point those cars scare her, So keeping one that she'll drive if the want is there is fine with me. It gives me a toy that is always drivable while my other one(s) engine might be blown apart for a cam swap, or heads ,or .

Sponsored

OP
OP
stephs5.0

stephs5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephanie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the 5.0. How are you liking this car compared to your previous car?
Thank you!!!!
I love it I used to have a 2018 Camry XSE and its a complete change specifically in handling.

OP
OP
stephs5.0

stephs5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephanie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
This forum rocks, welcome! I just recently bought my first Mustang, and this forum is a wealth of information!
yes it does!!!! thank you
I just joined a few days ago and already receiving so much info. =)

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Welcome! You'll learn alot on these forums, if you ever need help with something just start a topic and you'll get an answer within the hour.
BTW if you see a mettalic grey 5.0 with a GT350 spoiler and corsa extremes (you'll know when you hear it) around van nuys/north hollywood then that's me!

OP
OP
stephs5.0

stephs5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephanie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Welcome! You'll learn alot on these forums, if you ever need help with something just start a topic and you'll get an answer within the hour.
BTW if you see a mettalic grey 5.0 with a GT350 spoiler and corsa extremes (you'll know when you hear it) around van nuys/north hollywood then that's me!
Yesss definitely im getting the hang of this thanks!!!
Ohh no way well hopefully we run into each other one of these days I would love to see your 5oh I want that gt350 spoiler 😭😭.

Sponsored

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Yesss definitely im getting the hang of this thanks!!!
Ohh no way well hopefully we run into each other one of these days I would love to see your 5oh I want that gt350 spoiler 😭😭.
I'm from the IE but my work is out here off the 170 and saticoy. I'm in a club called street stangz, look us up on IG or Google. Most of the members are from SFV and were all on the younger side (20-40) and we do monthly meets as a club and we even do special events. The presidents girlfriend even has a gt350 and she's like mid 20's maybe?!

OP
OP
stephs5.0

stephs5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephanie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm from the IE but my work is out here off the 170 and saticoy. I'm in a club called street stangz, look us up on IG or Google. Most of the members are from SFV and were all on the younger side (20-40) and we do monthly meets as a club and we even do special events. The presidents girlfriend even has a gt350 and she's like mid 20's maybe?!
Ohh thats cool!!!! I looked on ig I think I found the page I started following thanks will for sure check it out.
Sponsored