Sponsored

new to THIS forum...

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Should have posted this in the introductions thread. Was looking for a newbies section like in many other forums but I see now after the fact that there is just the intro thread in the general section. Sorry for not following protocol. Signs point to getting older....I suppose.

New to S550's. Old to S197's. Just picked up a nicely modded 17GT premium (6R80) in UG - AKA White Platinum Tricoat. Haven't had time to take any photos yet. Been trying to get things on the car resolved that the previous owner neglected. Car has a Roush phase two package (def not my personal choice but that is what was on it and at a very good price) with added ID 1050X FI's, twin 67mm TB, and JLT 125mm CAI. Tuning was not properly done by whoever did the datalogging (if they ever did any datalogging) as the car runs extremely rich at WOT and tip in (down to 10.5 drowning the car at even a mild throttle increase) and surging throughout. Currently resolving this through the reliable group at Palm Beach Dyno. The initial revision after the startup tune already is an improvement in drive ability and I haven't even started the drive ability datalogging yet. After gettingthis resolved its then time to install the suspension mods that Kelly at BMR recommended for the IRS. May also add the 1,5" rear drop drag springs as well as the minimum 7/8's front drop springs to compliment the KMC district 20" five spokes I have on the car (staggered of course). Then its on to make the car sound right. The existing Roush axle back and midpipe will be coming off and in its place the AWE cat back with their h-pipe and sweet deep noted muscle car tone. Some may like that cackling trumpety x-pipe and Roush exhaust tone but its not for me.

Hope to see this car break 10.50 with the setup on a good tune, the added suspension mods, and a nice pair of MT R series DR 305/45/17 on the back in 2019....if the rainy 2018 season doesn't repeat itself next year.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Welcome. Post some pictures when you get a chance.

OP
OP
ugstang17

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Will do. Just been preoccupied. So much rain lately there is little time to even enjoy the car, let alone find a decent backdrop for some photos. I know its a no-no to post in the newb section without photos. It's like the SI swimsuit edition without the pics. Will get some as soon as the weather breaks.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
OP, you won't melt in the water! Get us some pictures! Welcome to here.

OP
OP
ugstang17

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
^^^ This is true, but I have been known to float! :crackup:. I'll get some up ASAP.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ugstang17

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Posted photos in the introduction thread.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
Welcome to the forum. I'm heading over to see the pics. Enjoy.

BTW, the S550's are so different than the 197's. I still have my '06 that I do enjoy, but when I drive the wife's 550 it certainly makes me want one of my own. :)
Sponsored