Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
We would love to earn your business!

If you have not already stopped in, I would love to save you the time at the store. We are able to pull up all the same information and can put a quote together through the forum. PM on the way.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Interesting. The G2's i have are pure shit when it comes to traction. 305's spin in 3rd gear easily. The stock MP4S work just fine. I have some MT but maybe i can replace my rear 20"s G2 with these. Have to see how they work out. Ive never had luck with nitto really. Some Neo Gens did ok on a 450whp big turbo ST, I felt like i had more grip in a 225 neo gen then 305 G2's

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
New? I remember a tire by the same name like 10 years ago. They were comparable to NT05s.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if these would be a nice compromise for a daily vs Cup2's, look like they may have better paths to move rain than the Cups's do.
Dude, you missed April 1 by almost a week.

Troy Carter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
New? I remember a tire by the same name like 10 years ago. They were comparable to NT05s.
They were still selling that tire last week, and probably still today. It's the NT5555R and although it wasn't the best track DR even 10 years ago it was a great street tire.

No, you can't dead hook your 900hp car from a dig bit you could get very good grip with them. And they were true daily driver ready and worked great in the rain.

If this one is as good or better then it'll be great.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
They were still selling that tire last week, and probably still today. It's the NT5555R and although it wasn't the best track DR even 10 years ago it was a great street tire.

No, you can't dead hook your 900hp car from a dig bit you could get very good grip with them. And they were true daily driver ready and worked great in the rain.

If this one is as good or better then it'll be great.
No, I looked it up and there definitely used to be a NT555R2. Like here:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum...ement-for-no-longer-carried-nitto-555rii.html

It seems like this is a re-release.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
We would love to earn your business!

If you have not already stopped in, I would love to save you the time at the store. We are able to pull up all the same information and can put a quote together through the forum. PM on the way.
PM'd you back. My Discount store wanted nothing to do with me and turned me away...
Interesting. The G2's i have are pure shit when it comes to traction. 305's spin in 3rd gear easily. The stock MP4S work just fine. I have some MT but maybe i can replace my rear 20"s G2 with these. Have to see how they work out. Ive never had luck with nitto really. Some Neo Gens did ok on a 450whp big turbo ST, I felt like i had more grip in a 225 neo gen then 305 G2's
I have the G2's in 305/30/20 on my street wheels. Car is currently around 850rwhp and they obviously don't come close to sticking, but when its warm I can get traction in 3rd. When my car was E85 bolt ons, they did pretty well imo...
No, I looked it up and there definitely used to be a NT555R2. Like here:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forum...ement-for-no-longer-carried-nitto-555rii.html

It seems like this is a re-release.
Definitely a totally different tire here. One was the original nt555. This tire Im talking about is a DRAG RADIAL based on the nt555g2 tire.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I have the G2's in 305/30/20 on my street wheels. Car is currently around 850rwhp and they obviously don't come close to sticking, but when its warm I can get traction in 3rd. When my car was E85 bolt ons, they did pretty well imo...
Our roads here in Las Vegas are "dirty" due to the sand/dust/dirt blowing around all the time. I make more power at my familes house in SoCal, and the tires there do seem to grip better, but im not on e85 when i go to see them, also not hooning around. Some roads are way worse then others here, up in North Las Vegas my FRS that was 450whp would spin at the top 4th at 125mph with the supercharger, but not quite down where i live now in south Vegas. It was scary just to ride a bike around here compared to the traction levels i had anywhere else. But getting on the highway Saturday just to get out the house, traction in track mode kept coming on. Ive heard others like the G2's and others that dont. for me they are fine for my "DD" tire, i throw the MT on most of the time anyway.

OP
OP

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Our roads here in Las Vegas are "dirty" due to the sand/dust/dirt blowing around all the time. I make more power at my familes house in SoCal, and the tires there do seem to grip better, but im not on e85 when i go to see them, also not hooning around. Some roads are way worse then others here, up in North Las Vegas my FRS that was 450whp would spin at the top 4th at 125mph with the supercharger, but not quite down where i live now in south Vegas. It was scary just to ride a bike around here compared to the traction levels i had anywhere else. But getting on the highway Saturday just to get out the house, traction in track mode kept coming on. Ive heard others like the G2's and others that dont. for me they are fine for my "DD" tire, i throw the MT on most of the time anyway.
Yea I currently have my drag setup on and the ET R's are still not getting traction with the cool temps. Left a nice 1st and 2nd gear patch through an intersection on Sunday. In the summer with a hot pavement they can mostly hook up even in 1st.

I feel if these Nittos can do as well as the current nt555R drag radial they'll do well for my 20" setup.
20200408_045917.jpg
And they come in something other than a 28.5" diameter!