Sponsored

New Mustang Owner!

chillo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, BMW 840d, Ferrari F430 spider, Ducati!
Hi All,

Just like to introduce myself, just put a deposit on a grabber blue manual GT shadow 2018 pre facelift model!
IMG_5569.jpg

An itch i have been wanting to scratch for a long time! Planning to collect the car this Saturday.
The car is stock so obviously I'm looking to liberate some of that muscle car sound.
From my limited mustang knowledge i would like to get a H pipe and have been looking at Steeda. I'd also like to get some quad tip axle back exhausts, would consider muffler delete versions. If i get the Roush rear valance does that mean i could then fit any of the facelift 2018 on axle back pipes?
Happy for it to be quite loud, my F430 is fully de catted! ;)
Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
welcome and nice motor! As for your questions, er i'll pass other than i think what you've said it correct but there are two rear valances depending on whether you have rear parking sensors but either of them require cutting the bumper to fit. Which i'd just gone and cut the damned bumper round the exhaust tips to fit the quads! Twins look good though so all happy in the end

OP
OP
chillo

chillo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Cheers! :)
Just want to be sure fitting the rear valance means you can fit any 18-20MY variant exhaust system to 15-18MY pre facelift cars.
Any recommendations for quad tip mufflers?

Last edited:
OP
OP
chillo

chillo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
mini update to my Mustang ownership journey!

Had a Gravity cat back system (H pipe and sport back boxes) fitted a week after i got the car, bought it through ebay for ÂŁ400 and found at checkout there was a 20% off offer (max ÂŁ75) so go the system for ÂŁ325! :)
Happy days!
The extra noise is great but i want a bit more so have a PLM 2.5" with 4" tips axle back (back box delete) straight pipe on it's way from the US (ÂŁ232 all up including customs)

I also have on order from Steeda:
Steeda S550 Ultra-lite Jacking Rails Ă— 1
555-5207 - Convertible
Steeda S550 Mustang Extreme G-Trac Brace Ă— 1
Steeda S550 Mustang Strut Tower Brace Ă— 1
Steeda S550 Mustang IRS Base Pack Ă— 1
IRS Base Pack

OP
OP
chillo

chillo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
IMG_5600.JPG
IMG_5598.JPG

Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Hi All,

Just like to introduce myself, just put a deposit on a grabber blue manual GT shadow 2018 pre facelift model!
IMG_5569.jpg

An itch i have been wanting to scratch for a long time! Planning to collect the car this Saturday.
The car is stock so obviously I'm looking to liberate some of that muscle car sound.
From my limited mustang knowledge i would like to get a H pipe and have been looking at Steeda. I'd also like to get some quad tip axle back exhausts, would consider muffler delete versions. If i get the Roush rear valance does that mean i could then fit any of the facelift 2018 on axle back pipes?
Happy for it to be quite loud, my F430 is fully de catted! ;)
Simon, welcome & best of luck with the car, my '22 Mach 1 will be Grabber Blue too. I also like when Ferrari owners buy Stangs. I was looking at a 488 and 992 Turbo, but went for a Mach 1, just about being loud and fun. Enjoy.

OP
OP
chillo

chillo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Simon, welcome & best of luck with the car, my '22 Mach 1 will be Grabber Blue too. I also like when Ferrari owners buy Stangs. I was looking at a 488 and 992 Turbo, but went for a Mach 1, just about being loud and fun. Enjoy.
Hi, apologies i missed your post.

Yes the GT is totally different to even a 430!
I seem to be enjoying the manual gears and the mustang vibe more than the road scalpel type performance of my 430 in comparison! (my 430 is very similar to a 16m with carbon seats, challenge ccm's, full de-cat and carbon everything).

The noise of the GT with straight pipe cat back is fantastic, love it! The car is much improved with all the steeda bracing upgrades.

:)

OP
OP
chillo

chillo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
I haven't updated this thread for a while so here goes:
Posted details and how i got them on a separate thread, but having previously seen a Mach 1 with the optional US handling pack 'bird nest' wheels, I decided I needed them!! :D
After a bit of research I bought a set of the Ford performance mach 1 handling pack wheel kits that SVE produce. The 10" front with 41mm offset means it won't protrude as the original oem HP 10.5" wheels would without a wheel arch liner extension.
Rears are 11" with 50mm offset, straight bolt on with these offset's etc.
Tyre sizes are 285/35/19 Front and 325/30/19 Rear, no issues with clearance and right on the limit of aligning with the rear wheel arches. No spacers needed!

Recently had it's first service under my ownership as have had the car just over a year now. Done approx 2600 miles in it.
No issues to report, took it to Motorsport and Performance in Batley. Along with the service i had some Steeda progressive rate springs fitted to drop the car about 1" (and rear ride height spacer) then of course along with that an alignment. Also 2018 intake manifold upgrade, JLT cold air induction kit and sport filter and it custom re-mapped on the dyno to set it all up properly with the upgrades.
Got an extra 40-50hp with 411 at the wheels which i think is about 470-480 at the crank. Not to fussed about the numbers, just that it's running properly. Car feels very healthy in comparison with much better mid range torque as you can imagine and the stance is exactly where i want it to be now.
The handling has improved lots yet the ride is still very comfortable.
The difference compared to when i first got it is huge! Very happy now :)
Possible only other upgrade i might consider is an Xforce downpipe with 200 cell cats.

Mustang lowered 1.jpeg

Mustang lowered 2.jpeg

Last edited:

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't updated this thread for a while so here goes:
Posted details and how i got them on a separate thread, but having previously seen a Mach 1 with the optional US handling pack 'bird nest' wheels, I decided I needed them!! :D
After a bit of research I bought a set of the Ford performance mach 1 handling pack wheel kits that SVE produce. The 10" front with 41mm offset means it won't protrude as the original oem HP 10.5" wheels would without a wheel arch liner extension.
Rears are 11" with 50mm offset, straight bolt on with these offset's etc.
Tyre sizes are 285/35/19 Front and 325/30/19 Rear, no issues with clearance and right on the limit of aligning with the rear wheel arches. No spacers needed!

Recently had it's first service under my ownership as have had the car just over a year now. Done approx 2600 miles in it.
No issues to report, took it Motorsport and Performance in Batley. Along with the service i had some Steeda progressive rate springs fitted to drop the car about 1" (and rear ride height spacer) then of course along with an alignment. Also intake manifold upgrade, JLT cold air induction kit and sport filter and it custom re-mapped on the dyno to set it all up properly with the upgrades.
Got an extra 40-50hp with 412 at the wheels which i think is about 470-480 at the crank. Not to fussed about the numbers, just that it's running properly. Car feels very healthy in comparison as you can imagine and the stance is exactly where i want it to be now.
The handling has improved lots and the ride is still very comfortable.

The difference compared to when i first got it is huge! Very happy now :)
Possible only other upgrade i might consider is an Xforce downpipe with 200 cell cats.

Mustang lowered 1.jpeg

Mustang lowered 2.jpeg
Simon, the car looks awesome mate. Did Ben give you a copy of your dyno sheet? Here's a copy of mine to compare. I have a M1 with Kooks headers and cats, and ECU tune.

Attachments

OP
OP
chillo

chillo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
yes he did, you have some nice numbers there which looks about 500hp at the crank! That's the goal for a NA motor! :)
Dyno run May 23.jpg

Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
yes he did, you have some nice numbers there which looks about 500hp at the crank! That's the goal for a NA motor! :)
Dyno run May 23.jpg
There are different calculators available online, but I use this one sometimes. It suggests that your car should be already at 478hp at the crank.

The headers and cats, and tune to go along with them, will completely lift up the torque at 3,000 RPM. MAP put on +100 ft-lbs of torque at 3,000 RPM over stock for me. It drives like a different car. Your car stock seemed to have a little more torque at the wheels than me at 3,000, probably because you have a manual vs my A10.

Wheel Horsepower to Crankshaft Horsepower Guestimator (mk5cortinaestate.co.uk)

BTW, do you still have all those cars and bikes you have listed?

OP
OP
chillo

chillo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
ahh that's really interesting to know!
Yes agree the car drives completely differently, the mid range has been transformed so much that now instead of almost bogging in 6th it actually pulls nicely.
There is a nice metallic induction sound now! :)
Limitation with my car now the intakes have been upgraded now is getting the significantly increased exhaust gas flow out the motor. Hence possibly getting race cats and headers in future! :)

Yeah got a bit of collection! lol
I recently got the new Ducati Panigale v4r to replace the gen1 model i've had for the last 4 years!
The 840d is my daily and the 430 doesn't get used much these days unfortunately :(

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
ahh that's really interesting to know!
Yes agree the car drives completely differently, the mid range has been transformed so much that now instead of almost bogging in 6th it actually pulls nicely.
There is a nice metallic induction sound now! :)
Limitation with my car now the intakes have been upgraded now is getting the significantly increased exhaust gas flow out the motor. Hence possibly getting race cats and headers in future! :)

Yeah got a bit of collection! lol
I recently got the new Ducati Panigale v4r to replace the gen1 model i've had for the last 4 years!
The 840d is my daily and the 430 doesn't get used much these days unfortunately :(
I love 430 spyders, a mate of mine took me for a ride in one many years ago. Glorious sounding car. Later, he got a Scud, but I never had a ride in that one. One of the cars I considered before getting the Mach 1 was a used 488. Maybe someday when I have some more change in my pocket.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The cold starts with a muffler delete would be pretty savage, I have LTH, H pipe and Roush axle back and it hits 130db. Once it's warmed up and cruising speeds it's fine, it's just the cold starts.

OP
OP
chillo

chillo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
The cold starts with a muffler delete would be pretty savage, I have LTH, H pipe and Roush axle back and it hits 130db. Once it's warmed up and cruising speeds it's fine, it's just the cold starts.
yeah I’ve gone back to the gravity sport back boxes, I didn’t have a problem with sound level of the straight pipe (my 430 got kicked off the Nurburgring for 139db! lol) just tone and resonance wasn’t good.
Sponsored