Sponsored

New member, looking for advice

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
50k is a well specced GT, surely it has to carry a premium over one of those (unless our ‘U.K.’ Mach one is essentially going to be a well specced GT with some fancy badging ... ?).

WD :like:
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Given the Mach 1 can be specified in almost any of the '21MY colours, and has the option of Auto or Manual...............I have a hunch that come next year that will be the only S550 you can buy over here.

They dropped the Ecoboost auto this year and the member here (from Germany) that posted that the '20MY would run right up until the end of December, with '21MY build kicking off from 4th Jan, has been proven correct by various other sources. He also stated there would be no Euro Ecoboost at all for the '21MY, I have no reason to doubt him.

So, my thinking is with sales probably at their lowest in the UK since the S550 launched, it makes sense to streamline what's available to buy. No Ecoboost is almost a given, so it wouldn't surprise me if the "base" GT is dropped too, and we just get the Mach 1.

However, "our" Mach 1 will be a loaded premium spec (much like the GT is now)........in the US I understand they will be able to order it in base spec with cloth seats etc. I think we'll get the coolers, the Bullitt-spec engine and the revised transmissions, but I don't think we'll get the Handling Package. Seeing the Fighter Jet Grey car at the N/Ring, I think the "Appearance Package" will have PP2 style wheels, helping to differentiate it from a non-AP Mach 1 over here.

Of course, these are just my idle thoughts and we'll have to wait until next year to see if my crystal ball is working or not :giggle:

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
No Ecoboost is almost a given, so it wouldn't surprise me if the "base" GT is dropped too, and we just get the Mach 1.
Ironic that one of the reasons Ford didn't export the Mustang until 2015 was becuase they thought people wouldn't buy a 5 litre V8 and they needed a smaller engined eco car as well.................... and now after 5 years there will be no Ecoboost Mustang.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basically if the UK Spec Mach 1 goes and looks like this, I'm interested up to £60/65k.
upload_2020-9-4_17-39-40.png

If it goes and looks like this I'm not interested

upload_2020-9-4_17-40-57.png

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3(8V)
Some really interesting responses here, and thanks for answering all of my questions!

I’m still conflicted.. I thought about going stage 1 with my S3 to satisfy the thirst for more power but to be honest it would be cheaper to buy a GT! I called my insurer and they said my premium would go from £480 to £1800 if I went ahead with the ECU upgrade.

I also did a quick comparison check to see what my insurance on a 2018 GT would be and it actually came back cheaper! Not entirely sure how a 5.0 V8 is cheaper to insure than 2.0 4 cylinder but there you go..

Have you guys who have made GT modifications seen significant increases in your premiums?

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Basically if the UK Spec Mach 1 goes and looks like this, I'm interested up to £60/65k.
upload_2020-9-4_17-39-40.png
This would be the only option that would interest me. It's in Fighter Jet Grey with the handling pack, which comes only in manual but with the GT350 Tremec TR3160 6 spd transmission, bigger wheels/tyres, spoiler, bigger front splitter, brake cooling and a modified belly pan.

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Some really interesting responses here, and thanks for answering all of my questions!

I’m still conflicted.. I thought about going stage 1 with my S3 to satisfy the thirst for more power but to be honest it would be cheaper to buy a GT! I called my insurer and they said my premium would go from £480 to £1800 if I went ahead with the ECU upgrade.

I also did a quick comparison check to see what my insurance on a 2018 GT would be and it actually came back cheaper! Not entirely sure how a 5.0 V8 is cheaper to insure than 2.0 4 cylinder but there you go..

Have you guys who have made GT modifications seen significant increases in your premiums?
my insurance is around £300 a year, my m2 was £600-£800 with many insisting on trackers etc and some not offering a quote whatsoever, I’m 46 and live in a low risk post code and the car is garaged!!!
I think GTs are cheap to insure as they don’t get stolen as often as AWD hot hatches or in fact any hot hatch of M car and probably don’t get written off as much either as the demographic of buyer appears not to be the young boy racer type

modification wise I asked how much my premium would change if I replaced badges with black ones and added the official GT spoiler, my insurance company told me just the £25 admin fee.
I imagine a supercharger may be different!!

As much as I love my GT no way I would spend £65k on the Mach 1.............but then looking at the pictures it does look bloody cool

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As much as I love my GT no way I would spend £65k on the Mach 1.............but then looking at the pictures it does look bloody cool
Just like you can't compare a GT with a GT350, the difference may be similar with a Mach 1, hopefully. Bearing in mind the Bullit is £50k and the demand was high for them.

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
This would be the only option that would interest me. It's in Fighter Jet Grey with the handling pack, which comes only in manual but with the GT350 Tremec TR3160 6 spd transmission, bigger wheels/tyres, spoiler, bigger front splitter, brake cooling and a modified belly pan.
Agreed, if they can keep these under £60k fully specced it will be tempting
Sponsored