VagrantZero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Hello everyone!

I used to own a 2018 A10 GT PP1, fully loaded minus magnaride. During the pandemic I was made a wild offer to sell the car, and greed got the best of me.

I ended up leasing a 2022 BMW m440i, which I kept for a little over a year, all the while loathing the car.

Eventually I just couldn't take it anymore and traded in the m440i last week for a 2023 Mach 1 A10 Premium. No HP, this is my only car and my wife's daily, plus if I'm being honest there is no part of the HP package outside of the wheels that I actually like.

Now my mind is naturally turning to mods, but this will be the first time I have ever modded a car in any capacity outside of tints.

I'm more focused on cosmetics then performance as I never felt like I pushed my GT PP1 to its limits let alone a Mach 1.

Specifically, I'm thinking of changing out the steering wheel. I find the cabin of the Mach 1 a more comfortable place to be than the BMW with one major exception, the steering wheel. The BMW has this thick wheel with high quality leather and the Mustang is this cheap flimsy thing with the hardest leatherette. Are there aftermarket steering wheels that A) don't look boy racer but instead upscale and B) retain all OEM functionality? I might be willing to give up heated steering but nothing else. All buttons and airbag need to be functional.

In addition, I'm thinking of replacing the black seatbelts with grabber blue. Has anyone found high quality belts? I find the OEM seatbelt cuts into my neck a bit and isn't as comfortable as the BMW. It's something I can deal with but hey if someone out there created a solution, I'd be happy to throw money their way.

Finally, is there an aftermarket part for the metal handles that rest around where your knees will be? It's a sharp angular piece (see attached image) that is very uncomfortable if you're doing long distance drives (which I do frequently). Does someone make a padded leather piece that I can swap it out with?

At some point in the near future, I'm sure I'll look to new tires (PNW rainy season is about to start so All Season 4S, might be in order), and if it's possible, I'll look for nearby tuner shops that can remove that air filter thing that robbed me of 20HP. Might get the brakes painted grabber blue too. Guess we'll see.

Anyways, I'm super excited about the car, already put 500 miles on it in a few days. It drives almost exactly like my GT except that my GT liked to aggressively downshift while braking and the exhaust would bark when dropping gears. Mach 1 feels very muted in comparison, downshifts aren't aggressive, exhaust isn't really involved when there is a downshift, I figure this might change as I put more miles on it. If I recall, the A10 is a learning transmission and will grow with the driver so maybe that's it. Otherwise, it's the same car that I fell in love with since 2018.

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1354.jpg
Sponsored

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on your new car!

You might want to check out "seat belt covers" on Etsy which will give you comfort around the neck area. Example: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1096491266/ford-mustang-mach-1-orange-embroidery

colorseatbelts.com, myairbags.com, seatbeltplanet.com (among others) for the custom seat belt webbing.

The carbon trap is actually pretty easy to remove yourself:

I can't be of any help on the metal handle issue, I'm afraid.

YULQQKN4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 401A 6 speed
Vehicle Showcase
replacement seat belts I highly recommend Safety Restore in Mass. They did my Bronco plus weve done about 4 more broncos with them and my buddys 911 targe as well. Super quick turn around time and great pricing.

OP
OP

VagrantZero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Thanks for the answers everyone, I'll look through some of these suggestions. The Beith steering wheel looks especially great.

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Steeda FJG Mach 1 Handling Package - 6 Speed