*NEW* JLT 3.0 Oil separators are available now for the S550's

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Driver side will see little to no collection under regular driving conditions.

Only time I've ever seen oil in the driver side on a coyote setup is road course driving (30min prolonged beating of the car) and even then it's not much.

As for the pictures above that's the original separator, you don't tighten the new cans that tight or else you will be fighting to get them loosen. It's an O ring, only needs to be tight enough to seal air.
Thanks.

Yeh, the picture I posted above was just to show how I used a ziptie to secure it, for those asking. That's not my actual setup. Just a pic I found on Google Images that I sketched the blue ziptie onto. That being said, my can and top is black and I don't believe it has an O-ring like that so I must have a V2.
Sponsored

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
Hey [MENTION=22011]Traffic22[/MENTION], I just realized that I forgot to get you that picture. I will try again today! In the meantime, I found this image on Google and sort of "sketched" in how I have the ziptie arranged, shown in blue (in real life, I used a black zip tie. Lol). Hope this helps in the meantime. Ignore that text box/arrow. That was from the base image I found.
Thank you, I get what you mean now. :thumbsup:

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @Traffic22 , I just realized that I forgot to get you that picture. I will try again today! In the meantime, I found this image on Google and sort of "sketched" in how I have the ziptie arranged, shown in blue (in real life, I used a black zip tie. Lol). Hope this helps in the meantime. Ignore that text box/arrow. That was from the base image I found.
I attached a thick piece of rubber between the rubber line and another line, just underneath the engine cover. It keeps the can from sagging so much.

I have found it much easier to disconnect the hose at the valve cover when emptying out oil.

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
I attached a thick piece of rubber between the rubber line and another line, just underneath the engine cover. It keeps the can from sagging so much.

I have found it much easier to disconnect the hose at the valve cover when emptying out oil.
Do you have a pic of your set-up?

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
I wanted to add my thoughts to this thread regarding the JLT 3.0 separator. I installed mine about 2 weeks ago when I installed my FRPP Power Pack 2. I have put about 900 miles on the car since then.

Tonight I unscrewed the can "just because." I expected to have maybe a film inside. I was very wrong. I found a good 1/4" of oil in there! :eek: I was pretty surprised there would be that much. My car is a DD and I will admit that since the PP2 install, I've been spending a lot of time in the upper-RPM ranges :D so maybe that has something to do with it?

If these things are this effective, why don't "sports cars" like the GT come from the factory with a separator of some kind? Just doesn't makes sense that if this blow-by can hurt your performance, mileage and eventually your engine, that they don't include it.

Very happy with the JLT 3.0. It takes literally a minute to install it and does so much good. It's a no-brainer purchase. Do it now!

Sponsored

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape & 2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
I wanted to add my thoughts to this thread regarding the JLT 3.0 separator. I installed mine about 2 weeks ago when I installed my FRPP Power Pack 2. I have put about 900 miles on the car since then.

Tonight I unscrewed the can "just because." I expected to have maybe a film inside. I was very wrong. I found a good 1/4" of oil in there! :eek: I was pretty surprised there would be that much. My car is a DD and I will admit that since the PP2 install, I've been spending a lot of time in the upper-RPM ranges :D so maybe that has something to do with it?

If these things are this effective, why don't "sports cars" like the GT come from the factory with a separator of some kind? Just doesn't makes sense that if this blow-by can hurt your performance, mileage and eventually your engine, that they don't include it.

Very happy with the JLT 3.0. It takes literally a minute to install it and does so much good. It's a no-brainer purchase. Do it now!
I just upgraded to the 3.0 after running the older version for 2 years. The old one caught a lot of oil too. I'm curious to see if I notice any difference. Probably not....lol. OCD? Yes!

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
I've always thought that "catch cans" were only for drag cars. How wrong I was. This thing is flippin' amazing...why doesn't the car come with this? I could see why say, a Toyota Camry wouldn't come with a catch can, but it's an internal combustion engine too...shouldn't most cars come with one? All cars have maintenance/wear items like filters...a catch can should be one too.

Markbnh1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape & 2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
I've always thought that "catch cans" were only for drag cars. How wrong I was. This thing is flippin' amazing...why doesn't the car come with this? I could see why say, a Toyota Camry wouldn't come with a catch can, but it's an internal combustion engine too...shouldn't most cars come with one? All cars have maintenance/wear items like filters...a catch can should be one too.
The Ford engineers would claim that the little bit of oil just burns off in the crankcase and does no harm. Maybe they are correct but I feel better getting rid of it! :shrug:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.