Not open for further replies.
OP
OP

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Shooting you a PM, come on by. We just added on to our shop and doubled the size of the showroom!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I got 1 a few months ago, how many miles can i drive before I start checking it for oil?

OP
OP

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You'll start getting oil in it almost immediately.

Expect roughly 1+ ounce per 1000 miles as typical collection on a GT.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Ok thanks

Sponsored

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
So, does Ford get pissy if they see this installed, warranty work etc? Should be better for the car I would think? Thinking about getting one...

OP
OP

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So, does Ford get pissy if they see this installed, warranty work etc? Should be better for the car I would think? Thinking about getting one...
It's going to be dependent on the dealer but given Ford now sells their own oil separators I don't believe that'll be an issue at all.

If anything they help, it is easy reversible if you wanted to be extra cautious.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 3.0 separator on my basically stock engine. I've never had one before. It does collect oil, more than I would have imagined.

OP
OP

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vinny, do you offer anything for the procharged guys? I doubt it but I figured id ask.
We don't at the moment, trying to get a local car in here.

Sponsored

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
I too was originally concerned about the mounting. While I agree that the hoses are definitely strong enough to hold the can, I was just worried about vibration over time, specifically to the quick connectors. In any case, I solved the mounting issue with a large ziptie. Just ziptied around the top portion of the catch can (just below the hoses) and around the top of the coolant tank. Now it holds it nice and snug with no movement and I can still unscrew the can.

I believe I have a 2.0 but am not positive. I bought it from a friend of mine after he installed a Whipple. Is there an easy way to tell the difference between 1.0 and 2.0?

If it is a 2.0, is it worth the upgrade to a 3.0? I know it was said that the 3.0 holds more but I empty mine at every oil change (5,000 miles) and there's barely any in there. Maybe a 1/2" of oil at the bottom. Unfortunately, I'm at work so I can't really watch through all the videos. Is there actually a change to the filtering process or is it just larger capacity?
Do you have a picture of how you zip tied it? I would be curious to see. I have one on the way and don't like the fact it hangs as well. Would like a little support for it.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Do you have a picture of how you zip tied it? I would be curious to see. I have one on the way and don't like the fact it hangs as well. Would like a little support for it.
Hey [MENTION=22011]Traffic22[/MENTION], I just realized that I forgot to get you that picture. I will try again today! In the meantime, I found this image on Google and sort of "sketched" in how I have the ziptie arranged, shown in blue (in real life, I used a black zip tie. Lol). Hope this helps in the meantime. Ignore that text box/arrow. That was from the base image I found.
JLT - Ziptie.JPG

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Is adding a driver's side can worth it? I'm somewhat new to the Coyote V8 (in the sense that I bought my first one in 02/15). My understanding was the passenger side is the "dirty" side. Is the driver's side just not as dirty? Does it make sense to add the drivers side as well?

If anyone here has done it, curious how much oil you're getting compared to the passenger side.

Thx

OP
OP

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Driver side will see little to no collection under regular driving conditions.

Only time I've ever seen oil in the driver side on a coyote setup is road course driving (30min prolonged beating of the car) and even then it's not much.

As for the pictures above that's the original separator, you don't tighten the new cans that tight or else you will be fighting to get them loosen. It's an O ring, only needs to be tight enough to seal air.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.