Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
y’all are crazy...

plus 13,000 (check the wheel section on here)
equals 70,000 for a first gen 350R?

...if one of you wants to pony up 57k for my R, but I get to keep the wheels (and sell em on ebay) feel free to PM me 😂
Sponsored

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
Love the color and congratulations 🎊🎈: welcome to the board. They are still making the carbon fiber wheels as I just had two replaced on mine through State Farm thank you, it will always be easier to find a great deal on a set of CF wheels then to find a nice low mile GT350R like you did . good choice good purchase . Did you run a carfax and Fords Oasis yet ? Original engine? CFwing ? Also I suggest you purchase a 3 1/2 in screw hose clamp and put it up high on your oil filter against the knob on the block so your oil filter stays put . CONGRATULATIONS. turn off the radio and roll down your windows and just take in the sounds.

87DBDA11-445E-43A8-A415-3B2A1F3BD7D0.jpeg

Last edited:

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Love the color and congratulations 🎊🎈: welcome to the board. They are still making the carbon fiber wheels as I just had two replaced on mine through State Farm thank you, it will always be easier to find a great deal the on a set of CF wheels then to find a nice low mile GT350R like you did . good choice good purchase . Did you run a carfax and Fords Oasis yet ? Original engine? CFwing ? Also I suggest you purchase a 3 1/2 in screw hose clamp and put it up high on your oil filter against the knob on the block so your oil filter stays put . CONGRATULATIONS. turn off the radio and roll down your windows and just take in the sounds.
...cant argue with any of that, well done sir!

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
This has become a very interesting thread. Happy for the OP who now owns a VIN R. But come on folks…just like a “Golden Ticket” CFTP GT500 without the CR CF wheels on the car, or in its owners possession and included in the sale, is hardly a “golden ticket”. A GT350R without the CR CF wheels is a shell of the original car to investors (Carmax or a buyer/investor). As much as current car prices are elevated, this car will (until reunited with its original CF wheels) continue to be or perform to a fraction of its original intended trackable glory. And thus, as is, will sell and resell for a fraction of its R model potential value.
So... let me get this right... the R without its CFs is a subpar performing R? Hmmm... and that would be because you’ve driven one on any tire/wheel combo 10/10ths?

What if the OP could care less about the car ever seeing a track?

What if the OP put 17lb magnesium wheels shod in Michelin SC2 tires on each corner... would that R still be incapable of performing in the neighborhood of a similar R with CFs?

Surely you jest!..

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
This has become a very interesting thread. Happy for the OP who now owns a VIN R. But come on folks…just like a “Golden Ticket” CFTP GT500 without the CR CF wheels on the car, or in its owners possession and included in the sale, is hardly a “golden ticket”. A GT350R without the CR CF wheels is a shell of the original car to investors (Carmax or a buyer/investor). As much as current car prices are elevated, this car will (until reunited with its original CF wheels) continue to be or perform to a fraction of its original intended trackable glory. And thus, as is, will sell and resell for a fraction of its R model potential value.
Talking two different things. Value = $57k just so so really considering the wheels...and if he decides to sell later as is without the wheels, he will probably realize the same percentage of depreciation as an R with the wheels (from what he paid)...so not really a big deal. All I was pointing out is that there are some people who jumped on this thread early hoping to see a nosedive in R prices (and not because they will be buying, because they are sadistic trolls) but the thread didn't turn out that way - he didn't get an R for $57k that compares to the majority of Rs for sale right now.

Enjoyment - I don't agree that this will be any less enjoyable for him. A set of good wheels and track tires and he's enjoying an R model. Maybe not EXACTLY how Ford sent it out the door but I think harping on that point is very subjective. He's going to enjoy the car, IMO.

Sponsored

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I would suggest checking for shipping blocks based on the side shot from Carmax. I posted this earlier in the thread. Looks high to me in this pic.

1627913976698.png

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I would suggest checking for shipping blocks based on the side shot from Carmax. I posted this earlier in the thread. Looks high to me in this pic.

1627913976698.png
I would also suggest checking the figment of that front spoiler. Looks suspect.

It’s a damn shame someone put holes in that front bumper. Where’s that mafia cigar cutter when you need it?:explode:

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Ouch. I might be more upset with the bumper being drilled then the wheels being gone for a good price. Throw some LMR knock off's on to look the part and use Apex for track.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Ouch. I might be more upset with the bumper being drilled then the wheels being gone for a good price. Throw some LMR knock off's on to look the part and use Apex for track.
I’d be more pissed about them drilling the front bumper.

Sponsored

Unclenard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Also looks like the driver's side wiper arm is scratched right where it hits the hood if lifted wrong. I'm betting the hood is scratched there as well. Minor thing that can be touched up.
I agree with @DrumReaper, the front splitter looks misaligned or not mounted right too.

Sssorry350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jess
Vehicle(s)
350R
Happy for you , does it come with any kind of warranty?? Look into 6GR wheels they’re nice on 350’s

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
FWIW, the wheels are not serialized to the car. All the guy has to do is come up with a set of appropriate CF wheels and cup 2s and all is ok.

Unfortunately, that is a tall order and most won't ever complete the task.

But hey, he has an R for 57K...... sort of
I thought I had read somewhere that the wheels were serialized to each car.
I could be wrong...