New Ford Retail Tracking Website

2019StangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 (ordered 12/21), 2005 Chevy Impala
Ok cool, then 2 days before the EDD. Not too shabby. When are you picking it up?
Not sure. Lows are still in the 20’s and 30’s. Don’t really want to drive it with it that cold and still a lot of salt on the ground yet. Didn’t anticipate it for another 3 weeks or so. Damn efficient Great Lakes Ford!! Can’t depend on anything. Lol
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Well go there and pick it up mid-day. Get it home as fast as you can. Much better than it sitting in the dealers lot. I hear you on the date. Luckily the weather here in NJ is in the 50's/60's during the day now. Anyway, let us know when you get it home.

2019StangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 (ordered 12/21), 2005 Chevy Impala
Well go there and pick it up mid-day. Get it home as fast as you can. Much better than it sitting in the dealers lot. I hear you on the date. Luckily the weather here in NJ is in the 50's/60's during the day now. Anyway, let us know when you get it home.
I’ll likely get it Monday, my next day off. Dropping off the replacement matte black emblems I purchased, that are replacing the chrome ones tomorrow. And I am putting the pony on the rear as opposed to the “GT” emblem. Eliminating all chrome from the outside of the vehicle.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
If that can console you, mine has been ordered on april 2018 and they told me I should have it on last october. I think I will receive it mid/end-march but almost 1 year is really long for a Mustang. And, in addition to that, Ford gives no information and are not responsible, it's quite normal...
You would of ordered a MY18 in April, a lot of these got cancelled by Ford, so they would of reordered It for a MY19 could of lost a few months waiting to be reordered
I order one in Feb 2018 got cancelled in May by Ford, had to reorder in June as colour no longer available, built in August and delivered to the U.K. with handover 1st week of October
You need to keep on top of your dealer as I have known cars to be at dealers for weeks before they release them and even take months to order them
They don’t come on WWL ships to the U.K. anymore so they might come on them to Europe as U.K. ones come over on ACL and go direct to Liverpool and these ships carry on to Europe from there

Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang MY2019 5.0 V8 Convertible Orange Fury
You would of ordered a MY18 in April, a lot of these got cancelled by Ford, so they would of reordered It for a MY19 could of lost a few months waiting to be reordered
I order one in Feb 2018 got cancelled in May by Ford, had to reorder in June as colour no longer available, built in August and delivered to the U.K. with handover 1st week of October
You need to keep on top of your dealer as I have known cars to be at dealers for weeks before they release them and even take months to order them
They don’t come on WWL ships to the U.K. anymore so they might come on them to Europe as U.K. ones come over on ACL and go direct to Liverpool and these ships carry on to Europe from there
My dealer had to modify the order 10 days after in order to get the B&O but in many companies it does not modify the position on the waiting list (we can the dealers modifying some "demo" cars in order to fit to customers wishes).
And I do not have any information about where is my car. People having theirs built at the same time or few time after have seen their cars arriving with the last boat from K-Line and mine does not seem to be on board (one more time...).
My dealer calls me quite often so I do not have any doubt about him. But nobody on top of him (Ford France) wants to give me precisions about the reasons of this waiting delay...

Sponsored

Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some news about my car (ordered on april 11th 2018).

After a mail to the head of Ford France, somebody called me today in order to "give me information"... After "investigation", they said the car is on the boat (1-2 month it is on the boat if I trust their past indications) and I should not have it before mid may 2019.
The best part is that the woman (who explained she had done some "investigation") told me she does not know neither on which boat the car is, nor which company is used to carry it. What an investigation!
Obviously, Ford France does not know the reasons why my car is so late. At the head of Ford France, they do not know where the cars of their customers are. And they are not shocked about it.
I did not know this level of amateurism exists. Even french brands are not that worse...

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Fastback Ingot Silver MT82 MagneRide B&O
Epic!
And my experience becoming more and more similar to yours.
This Ford's "Mustang" operation in Europe worth shit.

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Epic!
And my experience becoming more and more similar to yours.
This Ford's "Mustang" operation in Europe worth shit.
I gave up on my factory order last week due to steering-wheel-hell and am now getting a dealer-stock car (unregistered, same spec, different colour). With the benefit of hindsight, I'd never do a factory order again. If I'd done more research with the dealer when I placed my order (or even better waited a few months) I could have been enjoying a Mustang months ago. (Every other US car I've ever bought new was also EU stock - Z/28 in UK stock, 1 Vette at a dealer in Germany, 1 Vette in the compound in Netherlands - and completely painless. Factory order Mustang has been painful.)

I don't know what dealer stock is like elsewhere in Europe (we're still in the EU for at least a few more days!) but worth checking if they'll let you do a switch - my dealer was happy to do it, sourcing my soon-to-be-collected car from a different Ford main dealer. I found a few of the dealer-stock cars on Autotrader and Ford dealer web-sites, but it seems that's just the tip of the iceberg and there's a lot more in stock when the dealer starts checking Ford systems for you - including a number of 2018 models that you could probably get a v. good deal on.

(For those in the US, your dealer sites have WAY more useful info and detail than the crappy sites that Ford Europe dealers have - if you get bored, take a look at the UK sites and have a good laugh.)

Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The thing is that my car is built since january 10th. So giving up my orders means having waited for somebody else who, surely, will say to everyone that it is very easy and fast to have a Mustang in France. And the brand does not deserve any compliment about it.
And I want my car to be set as I wanted when I ordered it (and I hope it will arrive without any scratch or something else).
I just have to wait...

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
The thing is that my car is built since january 10th. So giving up my orders means having waited for somebody else who, surely, will say to everyone that it is very easy and fast to have a Mustang in France. And the brand does not deserve any compliment about it.
And I want my car to be set as I wanted when I ordered it (and I hope it will arrive without any scratch or something else).
I just have to wait...
I understand exactly what you mean. However, what I would say (and I don't know the French equivalent phrase!) is that "a bird (or maybe that should be a pony) in the hand is worth two in the bush" - if I have a car that I'm happy with, I don't care what happens to the one I actually ordered: if it never arrives, so be it; if someone gets it the day after I get a car, that's great too; if people think it's easy to get a car...well it is, if you take one that's in stock.

None of the new cars I've ever bought from stock have been exactly the spec I wanted, but they've been near enough. And when it comes to scratches and blemishes, well cars get scratched/chipped/dented at some point when you drive them...so it's always the first scratch that's the worst psychologically...so maybe every new car should come with one scratch as a no-cost option :)

And finally...it's 18C today and the sun's shining and I want a convertible NOW :sunglasses:

Sponsored

Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"a bird (or maybe that should be a pony) in the hand is worth two in the bush" : Un "tiens" vaut mieux que deux "tu l'auras" ;)

I understand what you're saying too, and if it is ok for you, it's prefect. But the solution that is a good one for you is not for me. I waited for the MY2018 for having Magneride, Orange Fury and the other stuff I chose. It is not to not have the car I wanted. And if I have to cancel my order, it would be because I am disgusted and I will not go for a second hand 6G Mustang but for a different car.

About scratches, I succeed in keeping another car that I have for 5 years without any. It is not to buy a new Mustang with already one. And I prefer doing those things myself :cwl:

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
Good luck - I really hope your car arrives soon and you can start enjoying it.

Only thing to add is the cars I'm talking about aren't secondhand - they're brand new, unregistered cars bought as dealer stock (I wouldn't want a secondhand one either!) And as for scratches - my cars are always daily drivers, parked at train stations, etc...and the roads near where I live are not-quite-wide-enough-for-2 cars so the nearside spends a lot of time getting to know bushes (better than the offside getting to know other cars!)...so they do get scratched and I've learned to love it as character :)

Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I understand what you mean about scratch. Of course I did a mistake when I talked about second hand because it did not apply to your case.
Thanks for your good vibes :)

Ikzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 EU spec
Some news about my car (ordered on april 11th 2018).

After a mail to the head of Ford France, somebody called me today in order to "give me information"... After "investigation", they said the car is on the boat (1-2 month it is on the boat if I trust their past indications) and I should not have it before mid may 2019.
The best part is that the woman (who explained she had done some "investigation") told me she does not know neither on which boat the car is, nor which company is used to carry it. What an investigation!
Obviously, Ford France does not know the reasons why my car is so late. At the head of Ford France, they do not know where the cars of their customers are. And they are not shocked about it.
I did not know this level of amateurism exists. Even french brands are not that worse...
Spain is the same.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Damn, that's asinine.

My last BMW was ordered on March 12. went into production on March 27, came off of the line on April 8, was on a truck to Bremerhaven on April 14, was on a ship on April 22, off the ship in Bayonne, New Jersey, on May 7, and at my dealer on May 13. Only 15 days on the ship, and it stopped in at least 3 other ports before hitting Bayonne.
Sponsored

Last edited: