Sponsored

New cold air kit from PMAS No tune required.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
So someone will probably catch in the last post I used the past tense.

I'd like to start off with that fact that I have no ill will against PMAS. I still think their concept is great and I'm still pretty sure that dynos will show this kits gains more than other intakes with or without a tune. That said there are still some bugs even though the new versions are way better than the v1 kits.

My intake is in a box and will be on it's way back to PMAS on Monday. I have to thank Kailey ( [email protected] ) for doing a great job with customer service. Once I was in touch with her things went smoothly. I received a full refund nearly immediately after I contacted her explaining what happened and asking for one.

So here is what happened:

I had a charity road rally a couple weeks ago. I was rolling along in traffic at about 35 when my dash lit up and the car went into limp mode. Stopped at the next opportunity and pulled out my code reader.

Codes were "intermittent MAF signal" and "low MAF signal", didn't write down the P codes since I was pressed for time.

I pulled the intake out and triple checked all the connections (sitting in the parking lot of a lighthouse in northern Michigan). I even popped the box on the wiring harness open to see if I could find a loose connection. ( I was impressed at the quality of the new harness boards) Cleared the code, pulled the battery cable for a while to do an idle relearn, codes came back as soon as I started the car. Could not get it working at all. I'm not sure if the issue is the MAF itself or the harness.

My stock intake was 400+ miles away at that point, and it's not something a dealer would have on hand. I left the group I was driving with and spent 5 hours in limp mode driving south to our hotel for the night and my wife dropped everything and drove the 6 hours one way to the hotel to bring my factory intake.

Swapped back to the factory intake, cleared the codes, and did an idle relearn in the hotel parking lot. Car ran prefect back on the stock setup for day two of the rally.

I feel bad this this will probably be the final nail in the coffin for them on this site, they seem to have given up here anyhow already though.

(My friend is holding the hood in the pic because we had about a 30-35Mph wind coming off the lake from head on)
Sponsored

BC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP, Guard
I feel bad this this will probably be the final nail in the coffin for them on this site, they seem to have given up here anyhow already though.
Yeah not good at all that something like this could even happen. I had some high hopes for this intake but that does it for me....looking elsewhere.
And you're right...since they don't even post anymore it seems they don't care...even more reason to run away.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow

I'd like to start off with that fact that I have no ill will against PMAS. I still think their concept is great and I'm still pretty sure that dynos will show this kits gains more than other intakes with or without a tune. That said there are still some bugs even though the new versions are way better than the v1 kits.

My intake is in a box and will be on it's way back to PMAS on Monday. I have to thank Kailey ( [email protected] ) for doing a great job with customer service. Once I was in touch with her things went smoothly. I received a full refund nearly immediately after I contacted her explaining what happened and asking for one.

I had a charity road rally a couple weeks ago. I was rolling along in traffic at about 35 when my dash lit up and the car went into limp mode. Stopped at the next opportunity and pulled out my code reader.

Codes were "intermittent MAF signal" and "low MAF signal", didn't write down the P codes since I was pressed for time.

I pulled the intake out and triple checked all the connections (sitting in the parking lot of a lighthouse in northern Michigan). I even popped the box on the wiring harness open to see if I could find a loose connection. ( I was impressed at the quality of the new harness boards) Cleared the code, pulled the battery cable for a while to do an idle relearn, codes came back as soon as I started the car. Could not get it working at all. I'm not sure if the issue is the MAF itself or the harness.

My stock intake was 400+ miles away at that point, and it's not something a dealer would have on hand. I left the group I was driving with and spent 5 hours in limp mode driving south to our hotel for the night and my wife dropped everything and drove the 6 hours one way to the hotel to bring my factory intake.

Swapped back to the factory intake, cleared the codes, and did an idle relearn in the hotel parking lot. Car ran prefect back on the stock setup for day two of the rally.

(My friend is holding the hood in the pic because we had about a 30-35Mph wind coming off the lake from head on)
Well that does it for me. Thanks for the reply :thumbsup:

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT

:(

Sponsored

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nice design. Great concept. They just need to go a little back to the drawing board to get any potential issues worked out, and maybe try again. Although personally, I am going another route due to lack of vendor communication.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
Yeah. Nail. Coffin.

I hate that this pretty much shuts this down. I couldn't not share what happened though.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
What a shame.

Looks like its going to be a Steeda.

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
I was one of the early adopters.

I didn't have a good experience at all. Customer service was horrendously lacking. I returned the intake within 3 weeks of installing it, having issues, being told there would be a fix...then ripping it off.

Sorry for all of you who showed loyalty to PMAS.

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Yea I was very close to pulling the trigger on this system, then double checked the thread and realized it might not be the best idea. I'll most likely go with Steeda. I know their customer service and product line is on point. It IS a shame. I was looking forward to being one of the few people who ran this PMAS system. Oh well, on to the next one!

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
Yea I was very close to pulling the trigger on this system, then double checked the thread and realized it might not be the best idea. I'll most likely go with Steeda. I know their customer service and product line is on point. It IS a shame. I was looking forward to being one of the few people who ran this PMAS system. Oh well, on to the next one!
You're one of the smart one's. I was a beta tester. It seems now that it was all just the promise of potential. Consider yourself lucky!
Sponsored