Sponsored

New cold air kit from PMAS No tune required.

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Coming in June.

Here are a few sneak pics..

The MAF sensor:
New Patented VELOCITY 120
360 degree sampling of air flow.
No maf sensor protruding into airstream.
Patented design allows for very high flow and very stable maf readings at idle even with our huge 120mm MAF housing. All other maf housings this size are horrible for maf signal noise and jumpy counts at idle. No loss in MAF resolution with our design.
6061 billet housing.
Fully programmable HPX digital MAF sensor. This means you can bolt this system on a stock car and not need a reflash OR a restrictor. If you upgrade later with a blower etc, you simply re-flash the MAF to increase the range. Maf software is included.

The tube:

We have spent Months with CFD flow modeling and flow bench testing on this crazy piece. It looks the way it does for a reason.. It flows A LOT. the entire tube is 5" for the entire length except for the throttle body opening.

Heat/splash shield:

There is one :)

We tested this kit against all of the cold air kits currently available and it out flows them all by a healthy margin. It flows over twice what the stock airbox and filter does.

We put all of our years in fluid dynamics, mass air flow sensor design and airflow research into this piece. Even the air filter was designed from the ground up. The filter starts slightly lower than the edge of the maf velocity stack (this yielded 3% more flow). Every detail has been covered, every airflow trick has been applied.

No marketing tricks here, no playing on words. This system FLOWS A LOT.

Price:

On par with the competition without the tuners :)

Coming in June
9865.jpg
9867.jpg
9869.jpg
9870.jpg
9873.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
*Unofficial PMAS News & Info*

Who has funcitoning PMAS Velocity Intakes Version 1 as of today?
1. Brent302
2. Coaster
3. Tim Hilliard
4. sandeale
5. Boardkat

Who has funcitoning PMAS Velocity Intakes Version 2 as of today?
1. aggiestang
2. Jayme

Who has non-fuctioning PMAS Velocity Intakes as of today?

(Please PM me if you are successful or run into a problem so I can update the list)

*Current Status of PMAS*

**DIRECT FROM PMAS**
Ok everybody, sorry for the delay in the updates. We have been working frantically trying to resolve issues, figure out what ford is changing on the same cars. We have also been working like crazy on our normal maf orders that are coming in like crazy this time of year.

First If anyone would like to return their kit we have no problem with that.

This kit was tested on our test car with no problems.

We have fixed the broken fitting and shipping problem by installing a billet threaded fitting. we are also boxing the maf and heat shield separately to avoid shipping damage.

We traced the problem with all the error codes to an incorrectly produced circuit board batch. (we had them populated from two different suppliers. The bad ones have been pulled.)

We will be replacing any of the possibly bad boards even if they are working. If your harness doesn't have red and white wires it is the old style.

The temp....... It seems that ford is mostly using the Cylinder head temp sensor for most engine functions and slightly using the air temp sensor.

The course nature of the dash displayed temp readings is a difference between a direct sensor reading and one processed through a microcontroller. It has no effect on drivebility but the dash readout is annoying. It's also wrong (even in stock form) as the maf itself falsely heats up the sensor at idle and low airflow giving high readings.

We have changed the harness to now use a stand alone external air temp sensor that is mounted in out intake tube.

Here is how we are handling this.. I know most of you guys have kits that are working fine but I want to get everybody to the latest and FINAL revision of everything.

I need contact from everybody that has a kit so we can send EVERYBODY the new harness with the external temp sensor and new tube with the latest threaded air fittings and air temp sensor installed.

Please keep your maf, heat shield and couplings.

In each box we will include a return shipping label to return all the old parts please.

Please keep your flow sheets or maf data files for your velocity's. you will need them to flash your new harnesses. I will also post them on the website for download.

All the new and pending orders will be shipping this week with the FINAL revision of everything.

We greatly appreciate the patience everyone has had with us working out a few unforeseen bugs. This new control system on these cars is very complicated and VERY picky with what you can do without re-flashing it. We have had some programming hurdles but we are successfully doing what nobody else could or would attempt with a no flash kit that actually performs.

I have been getting some very good feedback on the performance of this kit. I'm glad we finally got the small quirks worked out.

Please e-mail [email protected] so we can get everybody updated.

Again a BIG thanks to Brent for all that he has done.

*Unofficial/Official Contact*

Contact PMAS at [email protected]

Please PM myself Brent302 with any problems you may be running into. I will do my best to get in touch directly with PMAS.

*Current Members Being Helped*

None

*Current Member Projects*

After speaking with Coaster we should have some more excellent review videos and track results very soon.

*Unofficial News & Info Rules*
Please refrain from complaining or arguing with any members that are helping. If you have a valid complaint please contact PMAS via Email. Myself and others are here to hear about good experiences and help with problems that may arise. Thank you.

Updated 7/14/2015

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Sexy.

Plug and play with the OEM MAF connector?

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The want is strong. Subscribed!

OP
OP

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
We will be doing before/after dyno numbers on a stock car and before/after numbers with a tune so it is a fair comparison with the competition. I don't want to post huge gains and imply it was all the cold air and leave out the little detail about the tune.

No tricks, just airflow :)

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
hmmm I might be interested in this CAI, just curious about having canned or remote tunes done since it has its own software and tuners NOT having the software.. how easy or not easy anymore it would be to have aftermarket tunes done/changed.

Sponsored
OP
OP

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
It's not a tune. and you can still use a programmer with a tune.
The maf is programmed to have the same transfer function as the stock maf system.

Tunes are needed with some cold air systems because the maf is installed in a larger tube, therefore changing the maf transfer function. as a side effect, when the maf sensor is installed in a larger tube, the maf range is increased.

With ours you can select either. A tune for the car is completely separate. You can still have it tuned but you would leave the maf portion of the tune with stock parameters.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
It's not a tune. and you can still use a programmer with a tune.
The maf is programmed to have the same transfer function as the stock maf system.

Tunes are needed with some cold air systems because the maf is installed in a larger tube, therefore changing the maf transfer function. as a side effect, when the maf sensor is installed in a larger tube, the maf range is increased.

With ours you can select either. A tune for the car is completely separate. You can still have it tuned but you would leave the maf portion of the tune with stock parameters.
Ok, for some reason I thought the MAF had to be re-calibrated from stock when using an aftermarket CAI/tune for the larger amount of air that is going through the CAI so the PCM knows to add more fuel.

OP
OP

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Ok, for some reason I thought the MAF had to be re-calibrated from stock when using an aftermarket CAI/tune for the larger amount of air that is going through the CAI so the PCM knows to add more fuel.
Close, the maf stays the same. putting the maf in a larger tube changes the output of the same maf. the tune needs to account for this so the pcm can make the correct fueling calculation.

Since we manufacture maf sensors, we can set our maf to output the correct values for the correct airflow even though it's installed in a tube other than stock.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ya Id be interested in this depending on the price.. I wasn't really wanting to run a aftermarket CAI because of the crazy prices for them now, but I doubt my k&N drop in and the airaid CAI tube is the best choice really.

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Ok, you have my interest. Awaiting pricing info as well as Dyno numbers.
Sponsored