Sponsored

New cold air kit from PMAS No tune required.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Yes. 100% but a actual visit to a tuner will yield best results in my opinion.

Thank you! Though I'm driving a 15 Impala...it's ok....it has a digital speedo...
Any reason you feel dyno is better then real world condition tuning? Ive experienced the opposite. I find ive had better results on the road testing tweaks after the dyno, where its taken out and everything fine tuned for actual real world conditions. i usually just avoid dynos these days. Had some single digit cars tuned this way.
Sponsored

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Any reason you feel dyno is better then real world condition tuning? Ive experienced the opposite. I find ive had better results on the road testing tweaks after the dyno, where its taken out and everything fine tuned for actual real world conditions. i usually just avoid dynos these days. Had some single digit cars tuned this way.
He's probably referring to a custom tune via local(ish) tuner vs the canned stuff. You can really iron out all of the details in person and ask any questions, as well as have them answered, that may arise during "real world" tuning. Dyno or street or both.

OP
OP

PMAS

Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PMAS-MAF.com
Vehicle(s)
multiple
Ok everybody, sorry for the delay in the updates. We have been working frantically trying to resolve issues, figure out what ford is changing on the same cars. We have also been working like crazy on our normal maf orders that are coming in like crazy this time of year.

First If anyone would like to return their kit we have no problem with that.

This kit was tested on our test car with no problems.

We have fixed the broken fitting and shipping problem by installing a billet threaded fitting. we are also boxing the maf and heat shield separately to avoid shipping damage.

We traced the problem with all the error codes to an incorrectly produced circuit board batch. (we had them populated from two different suppliers. The bad ones have been pulled.)

We will be replacing any of the possibly bad boards even if they are working. If your harness doesn't have red and white wires it is the old style.

The temp....... It seems that ford is mostly using the Cylinder head temp sensor for most engine functions and slightly using the air temp sensor.

The course nature of the dash displayed temp readings is a difference between a direct sensor reading and one processed through a microcontroller. It has no effect on drivebility but the dash readout is annoying. It's also wrong (even in stock form) as the maf itself falsely heats up the sensor at idle and low airflow giving high readings.

We have changed the harness to now use a stand alone external air temp sensor that is mounted in out intake tube.

Here is how we are handling this.. I know most of you guys have kits that are working fine but I want to get everybody to the latest and FINAL revision of everything.

I need contact from everybody that has a kit so we can send EVERYBODY the new harness with the external temp sensor and new tube with the latest threaded air fittings and air temp sensor installed.

Please keep your maf, heat shield and couplings.

In each box we will include a return shipping label to return all the old parts please.

Please keep your flow sheets or maf data files for your velocity's. you will need them to flash your new harnesses. I will also post them on the website for download.

All the new and pending orders will be shipping this week with the FINAL revision of everything.

We greatly appreciate the patience everyone has had with us working out a few unforeseen bugs. This new control system on these cars is very complicated and VERY picky with what you can do without re-flashing it. We have had some programming hurdles but we are successfully doing what nobody else could or would attempt with a no flash kit that actually performs.

I have been getting some very good feedback on the performance of this kit. I'm glad we finally got the small quirks worked out.

Please e-mail [email protected] so we can get everybody updated.

Again a BIG thanks to Brent for all that he has done.

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Maybe now everyone will keep their mouth shut, thank you PMAS for doing what you needed to do to resolve the problems of the first revision of your product in order to improve the quality of it for the long run

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Ok everybody, sorry for the delay in the updates. We have been working frantically trying to resolve issues, figure out what ford is changing on the same cars. We have also been working like crazy on our normal maf orders that are coming in like crazy this time of year.

First If anyone would like to return their kit we have no problem with that.

This kit was tested on our test car with no problems.

We have fixed the broken fitting and shipping problem by installing a billet threaded fitting. we are also boxing the maf and heat shield separately to avoid shipping damage.

We traced the problem with all the error codes to an incorrectly produced circuit board batch. (we had them populated from two different suppliers. The bad ones have been pulled.)

We will be replacing any of the possibly bad boards even if they are working. If your harness doesn't have red and white wires it is the old style.

The temp....... It seems that ford is mostly using the Cylinder head temp sensor for most engine functions and slightly using the air temp sensor.

The course nature of the dash displayed temp readings is a difference between a direct sensor reading and one processed through a microcontroller. It has no effect on drivebility but the dash readout is annoying. It's also wrong (even in stock form) as the maf itself falsely heats up the sensor at idle and low airflow giving high readings.

We have changed the harness to now use a stand alone external air temp sensor that is mounted in out intake tube.

Here is how we are handling this.. I know most of you guys have kits that are working fine but I want to get everybody to the latest and FINAL revision of everything.

I need contact from everybody that has a kit so we can send EVERYBODY the new harness with the external temp sensor and new tube with the latest threaded air fittings and air temp sensor installed.

Please keep your maf, heat shield and couplings.

In each box we will include a return shipping label to return all the old parts please.

Please keep your flow sheets or maf data files for your velocity's. you will need them to flash your new harnesses. I will also post them on the website for download.

All the new and pending orders will be shipping this week with the FINAL revision of everything.

We greatly appreciate the patience everyone has had with us working out a few unforeseen bugs. This new control system on these cars is very complicated and VERY picky with what you can do without re-flashing it. We have had some programming hurdles but we are successfully doing what nobody else could or would attempt with a no flash kit that actually performs.

I have been getting some very good feedback on the performance of this kit. I'm glad we finally got the small quirks worked out.

Please e-mail [email protected] so we can get everybody updated.

Again a BIG thanks to Brent for all that he has done.
Thanks for the update. Good to see the progression of things.

Sponsored

cobra199711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 A10 GT
Have any dyno test been completed to date with this intake and a tune? I may have missed it in the 47,000 posts :)

aggieStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 1965 Mustang Coupe
Woohoo! PMAS you just made my day! Thank you for returning with all of the answers

Sponsored

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks PMAS ordered mine on eBay today!!!!

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
Ill give Pmas this that factory MAf is a PIA. When I was messing around one day I took the filter out of the box and went for a drive. Car was all over the place under WOT. it bogged then would accelerate really hard and do that on and off the whole rpm band at WOt.